Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

5 hours ago, Rincewind said:

Awful. One of my younger brothers passed away today. Had a call just around midday yo say he was in the CDU at Glenfield hospital> Got a taxi down there and arrived not long after one. He was suffering with lung and breathing problems and they were trying to find a single room. Just after a nurse came into the room we were in and told us he had gone.

He was rushed in last night and it two or three hours for someone to see him. Whoever said the NHS was not in crisis cannot use it. When my sister in law and niece arrived they took them to one said and said it was 50 50. He was 63.

Thouhgts with you Ken

Thanks everyone. I've been ok but now it is hitting me. I am ok surrounded by people but on the way and back out I have been emotional. Also when people hug to console. 

I was with the regular poker crowd. We never played but we raised a glass. Others were more upset than me. Well more emotional at hearing the news.

I have thoughts of having a poker night with proceeds going to the Glenfield CDU but planning will have to wait. An anual one would be a fitting tribute to a great man and great poker player.

• Like 3

On 3/21/2017 at 07:27, The People's Hero said:

Yes. Well, in bearsted so very close to Maidstone. I would say I'm 100% but I've already gazumped someone else and what is good for the goose....

Looks like a nice part of the world!  Congrats, hope it goes through.

3 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

Us right wingers are generally decent folk you know :)

I hope you are ok today.

I'm OK. I truly do not view people left/right black/white or any other category. I view them as people first and after meeting Matt I find him very agreeable as I am sure most on here are. I think Matt exaggerates his views to liven debates up.

6 hours ago, Rincewind said:

I'm OK. I truly do not view people left/right black/white or any other category. I view them as people first and after meeting Matt I find him very agreeable as I am sure most on here are. I think Matt exaggerates his views to liven debates up.

I've got a South African mate who is pretty racist, no two ways about it. I challenge him when I can be arsed but it's not something that sits well with me. I thought he was a **** at first but he's a good friend to me and his heart is in the right place. Might sound strange to some, but that's just how it is. I learn more from being his friend than I do from being friends with someone who shares my views. Point being he's still my mate, political views don't make a person.

Hope you are keeping well, Ken.

Myself and a colleague started doing some site preparation for a barn conversion we are undertaking for our new office. Miserable weather with it raining from half 10 til we finished but I loved being out of the office!

Looks like the wife will be allowed home on Monday. Abscess stable and they hope the antibiotics will manage it. Im being trained to administer them later today. 

Been puttin. Off buying a new bed for ages but need to now. How bloody hard is it online. No matter what you enter to search they retirn prices for singles and then you adjust choices to whack the price up!

15 minutes ago, FLAN said:

Looks like the wife will be allowed home on Monday. Abscess stable and they hope the antibiotics will manage it. Im being trained to administer them later today. 

Been puttin. Off buying a new bed for ages but need to now. How bloody hard is it online. No matter what you enter to search they retirn prices for singles and then you adjust choices to whack the price up!

I got a Leesa mattress a couple of weeks ago, very comfortable.  Not cheap, but they do interest free over 12 months.

11 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Watched Jersey Boys in London and had a lovely meal in MASH steak house first ...   Great night ...   MASH highly recommended.    :)       

Where's your veg?! :o

staek and mash.png

Edited by Buce

2 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Actually had creamed spinach smarty pants !! .....     With my tenderloin and chips and a couple of pints of local pale ale ...    One of the best meals I've had for ages.     :thumbup:

I'm telling Mrs Countryfox!

I was working in Manchester yesterday and this morning. Stayed in a hotel near Piccadilly.

My goodness, that whole area has gone downhill. It's now an utter craphole, full of tramps and beggars off their nuts on "Spice".

You can tell whose on the  "Spice", it makes them zombie-like.

Walking through Piccadilly Gardens in broad daylight this morning at 08:45, I saw two deals taking place in full view, several fights amongst tramps and their dealers and I was asked for money by people in a state of drug intoxication twice in less than 100m.  There are "street beds" everywhere.

It's like blummin Mos Eisley.

Makes the city centre of Glasgow seem posh.

Shame.