Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Unit

Giving blood...

I feel like I should get my karma up by giving some blood to somebody.

What's it like? I'm not too bothered about needles but don't like the idea of pints of my blood squirting out.

will they let me video record it? just for fun kind of thing

Does it make you dizzy and what-not?

I feel like I should get my karma up by giving some blood to somebody.

What's it like? I'm not too bothered about needles but don't like the idea of pints of my blood squirting out.

will they let me video record it? just for fun kind of thingDoes it make you dizzy and what-not?

i think they will ; i took a few snapshots of the nurse as she tested mine :thumbup:

drinkingbloodum9.jpg

I've done it loads, I've got a rare blood group (my mum always said I was special!) so I feel like I'm doing my bit.

It does make me a bit light headed after, but nothing too bad. It's a bit uncomfortable when they put the needle in, but it's more of an ache than anything else, then you just lie there with a bag attached to you for about 3-10 minutes (depending on how quickly you pump the pint out) and they pull the drip out, stick a plaster on you & leave you to have a lie-down for a bit. Then you can get up & have free squash/tea/coffee & biscuits, job done.

I give blood, 3 times a year I think, it's not bad really but I'll admit I have to look away when they put the needle in and at the blood in the tube.

As for videoing it I've never seen any doing it so you'd have to ask.

I started last year. I've been three times so far - or is it four?

The worst part is filling in the tick box form and that takes about 30 seconds.

The whole thing is dead easy and the bit where the needle goes in hurts for about a millionth of a second so I think most people can cope with that. I've got to admit that I don't like watching the needle go in, but it's ok, they don't make you.

I was a bit disappointed with the lack of lightheadedness, as I was hoping it might make me feel a bit off me tits and give me a good excuse not to do much work, but unfortunately I felt fine.

The best bit though is that you get a free cup of tea and a Kit Kat, although the confectionary you get probably depends on where you go. I go to the main one on Vaughan way, and you get a mini packet of Crawfords shortbread at the very least.

You also get a smart membershipcard, and different coloured ones after you've given blood so many times. What more incentive could you require? Oh, and you might save some people's lives and stuff like that

I've done it loads, I've got a rare blood group (my mum always said I was special!) so I feel like I'm doing my bit.

It does make me a bit light headed after, but nothing too bad. It's a bit uncomfortable when they put the needle in, but it's more of an ache than anything else, then you just lie there with a bag attached to you for about 3-10 minutes (depending on how quickly you pump the pint out) and they pull the drip out, stick a plaster on you & leave you to have a lie-down for a bit. Then you can get up & have free squash/tea/coffee & biscuits, job done.

I too am special (AB-) 1% of the population have this blood type but I haven't given blood since I was in the forces.

Fact:

Dogs can have a blood transfusion with any blood type but only once!

It's fine.

You have to fill in a form to check you haven't got AIDS or anything like that, then they **** your finger and test if your blood's got enough iron, then you go on the bed and they take the bllod out.

Actually taking the blood isn't too bad, like someone said if anything it's like a very slight dull ache on your arm, you wouldn't say it hurt or anything.

The bag with the blood in is below the level of the bed thing you're lying on so you don't see that.

They make you have tea and biscuits (it's like heaven) and then you can trot off home.

I've done it about 8 times now and never had a problem.

My mum did. Then she had to stop when she had children aka. Me

From reading your posts I'm assuming you're at least four, she should be fine to give blood again.

After reading some of you lot giving blood i may look into it.

Ive always been shit scarred..bit stupid considering i wnet through having a tattoo so it cant be THAT bad.

Well done to you lot who give :clap:

Tis one of the greatest things you can give (apart from a blow job innit!!!) :unsure::santa:

Someone from my work gave blood once and ended up with a massive bruise on their arm. Although I imagine that's probably a rare occurance.

I might try it before a night out so I can get pissed quicker and subsequently spend less money. :ph34r:

Used to. Not done it for a few years. Actually they need the common blood more tham the rare because it is used up more quickly tham the rarer types. But they are grateful for any they can get.

Will have to find out when and where they have the sessions. Used to be near the St Margret Baths when it was open.

Used to. Not done it for a few years. Actually they need the common blood more tham the rare because it is used up more quickly tham the rarer types. But they are grateful for any they can get.

Will have to find out when and where they have the sessions. Used to be near the St Margret Baths when it was open.

It still is. If you're walking along Vaughan Way FROM the direction of the Bus Station, it's after the Saab garage and Mem-Saab and just before you get to the Shires extension. It's open pretty much all the time as far as I'm aware. I always go in my lunch hour