Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Micky Ruddle

Barnsley

Who is going to check your ticket?

Everyone I think had a childs ticket when we all went on Saturday. And we were fine.

Knowing my luck i will get checked lol

Can someone PM me when you have prices please :thumbup:

Loughborough station is the way forward to :thumbup:

I shit you not.

As good as two hours on the way over to Leicester (including a wrong turning up into a pedestrianised part of Brum and getting lost in the countryside) followed by a three and a bit hour ride from hell home again.

The driver home had brought along his family who spent their time eating crisps and leaping about in the seats and started off towards Brum by driving down the A6 towards ****ing Market Harborough! When we eventually got to the M6 he limited himself to 30-40mph...it was like a remake of the Father Ted pisstake of speed.

It was hell.

_44368055_biggettyfloat.jpg

You can get compo if it is over an hour late, I think; but that's an hour after the published time, so if they publish a time saying it'll take 10 hours to brum, then you won't get 'owt.

We asked f we could go via Derby and then said ok. Got some beers in The Brunswick as a bonus. Always worth asking.

For all you grown-ups out there, the train fares to go for are walk-up fares, all bought on the day at Leicester :-

Leicester-Derby Cheap Day Return. £8.00

Derby-Sheffield Cheap Day Return. £8.20

Sheffield-Barnsley Cheap Day Return. £3.50

(The advertised Leicester-Barnsley Saver Return is £25.40)

NOTE : If you're going with mates, for the first two legs you can get a group ticket, 3 for the price of 2, or 4 for the price of 2.

So, if there are four going its going to cost you £11.60. (if my maths is ok).

And if you're really on a tight budget, try and get a Duo ticket from Northern Rail for the Sheffield-Barnsley leg (buy one, get the other half-price).

For all you grown-ups out there, the train fares to go for are walk-up fares, all bought on the day at Leicester :-

Leicester-Derby Cheap Day Return. £8.00

Derby-Sheffield Cheap Day Return. £8.20

Sheffield-Barnsley Cheap Day Return. £3.50

(The advertised Leicester-Barnsley Saver Return is £25.40)

NOTE : If you're going with mates, for the first two legs you can get a group ticket, 3 for the price of 2, or 4 for the price of 2.

So, if there are four going its going to cost you £11.60. (if my maths is ok).

And if you're really on a tight budget, try and get a Duo ticket from Northern Rail for the Sheffield-Barnsley leg (buy one, get the other half-price).

But what about the cost of the return flight from Santiago? :blink:

I want to go on the train. :(

I want someone to point me in the direction of a chuffing good pub with cheese and onion cobs.

I want to go on the train. :(

...and why can't you both catch the train?

I want someone to point me in the direction of a chuffing good pub with cheese and onion cobs.

...and why can't you both catch the train?

I don't think His Lordship is that keen, what with the lack of cheap tickets and all that. Perhaps he can be persuaded, forcibly if necessary. :dunno:

I don't think His Lordship is that keen, what with the lack of cheap tickets and all that. Perhaps he can be persuaded, forcibly if necessary. :dunno:

I could have got 2 singles for £20 today...surely that is a price worth paying for being able to drink? :dunno:

No. I'll change that - that is a price worth paying, to drink. :angry: *slams fist on table*

*cries with pain when no one is looking*

I could have got 2 singles for £20 today...surely that is a price worth paying for being able to drink? :dunno:

No. I'll change that - that is a price worth paying, to drink. :angry: *slams fist on table*

You don't need to convince me. I am having a booze free week this week, and will have to make up for it at the next game, which just happens to be Barnsleh.

The Man from F1 say "oh go on then...".

Let us know yer plans, aha me hearty. :pirate:

Let us know yer plans, aha me hearty. :pirate:

Flag, scarf, panda bear costume, obscene quantities of ale, chanting, sexy protest, cells, good loving from a butch man, apologise to wife on phone and beg for lift, walk home.

Who's up for pre match drinking?

Yes, providing the train runs properly and there are no buses involved

Where the hell will you be?

Hopefully not on a replacement bus service due to train cancellation

What time will you be getting there?

Pub kick-off time, unless on replacement bus service

Getting tickets on Friday for 5 of us then train pay on the day, hope this is ok :unsure:

P.s Joe havn't forgot aobut that 10er I owe you from Watford, I'll try to get it to you before the end of the season but money is soooooooo tight atm, if not It'll deffo be before June/july or I could give you a free lift to a few games next term, although after sat it would seem the atmosphere is on the train!

Archived