Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

Neighbours playing ridiculously loud music at this time of night. I know it's Saturday night but if you live in a block of flats you have to accept you can't make this much noise late into the night. If you want to listen to loud music go out. I've had a long day I just want some kip, and for all he knows I could have an early work shift tomorrow (I don't, but I could). I know the flat above to the guy playing the music have a young child, so they can't be too happy if it's audible in their flat too.

He's been bad with his music about a year ago, and one of the neighbours had the building management company write to him (and the rest of us) remind us about not making excessive noise, and it stopped, seems like he's forgotten about that now.

1 minute ago, Facecloth said:

Neighbours playing ridiculously loud music at this time of night. I know it's Saturday night but if you live in a block of flats you have to accept you can't make this much noise late into the night. If you want to listen to loud music go out. I've had a long day I just want some kip, and for all he knows I could have an early work shift tomorrow (I don't, but I could). I know the flat above to the guy playing the music have a young child, so they can't be too happy if it's audible in their flat too.

He's been bad with his music about a year ago, and one of the neighbours had the building management company write to him (and the rest of us) remind us about not making excessive noise, and it stopped, seems like he's forgotten about that now.

Have a word with him flannel ...

1 hour ago, Countryfox said:

Have a word with him flannel ...

Now I'm really pissed off CF. No answer at his door earlier, that's because the ***** just come home. He's left music on at an unbearable level keeping me awake and he wasn't even there!

Edited by Facecloth

On 1/12/2017 at 21:11, Izzy Muzzett said:

Today, Parking Charge Notices will be mainly grinding my gears...

Between Xmas and New year we attempted to park in a multi story car park in Milton Keynes. No notice outside to say it was full, but we spent nearly 20 minutes in there queuing trying to find a space. With horns blazing and drivers getting pissed off, people started getting out of their cars to marshal the traffic and sort the mess out as there were no staff around to fix it. Cars stuck on ramps, couldn't get up or down levels - proper gridlock. Eventually we managed to get out of there and find another car park.

So lo and behold this morning I get a parking charge notice for £100 with a picture of my car entering and exiting. CHEEKY CVNTS!

No way I'm paying it so I've appealed. And I want an apology from Britannia Parking the robbing bastads.

Should definitely be... reversed 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Facecloth said:

local council should have an Environmental Health department. Contact them. They'll give you some diary sheets to fill out so you can log when the music is being played, how it is affecting you and how long it is going on for. If it's to a certain level and frequent enough, they may come round and put noise-monitoring equipment in your flat. Then they'll record for (usually) 2 weeks as standard. They'll take the recordings back and if it's judged to be loud enough they can serve him with a noise abatement notice. 

Do you know if he privately owns his flat or rents it out?

It might be worth getting the flat above you to contact EH as well. The more complaints and evidence EH have, the more they'll take notice of it.

So me and my missus have been saving for a house for a while now, finally thought we had enough for a deposit on a house around my area, after taking advice from my parents on what I'd need. Turns out the stamp duty rates changed from when my parents knew about it, so that house that cost £150k is going to need another £3k up front on top of it.

Fuming tbh. Plus the best mortgage rate I can find is with Barclays, but they need someone to smash 10% deposit on top of mine to be able to get it. I keep hearing people are trying to help first time buyers get a house, so far not seen s**t to suggest that, more and more fees :(

19 minutes ago, Innovindil said:

So me and my missus have been saving for a house for a while now, finally thought we had enough for a deposit on a house around my area, after taking advice from my parents on what I'd need. Turns out the stamp duty rates changed from when my parents knew about it, so that house that cost £150k is going to need another £3k up front on top of it.

Fuming tbh. Plus the best mortgage rate I can find is with Barclays, but they need someone to smash 10% deposit on top of mine to be able to get it. I keep hearing people are trying to help first time buyers get a house, so far not seen s**t to suggest that, more and more fees :(

Housing market is a disgrace mate. I've got 4 young kids and we homeschool so I need something fairly decently proportioned and there is almost literally nothing out there.

Keeping my fingers crossed I can buy a bomb of an elderly person who has just died and didn't update the house  for 30 years. Even then I'll still be forking out 220k plus.

And im lucky, I'd hate to be a 22 year old working class lad with a kid now. I'd have no chance of getting my own place.

38 minutes ago, Innovindil said:

I wouldn't worry too much about the rate to start off with. Just get yourself on the ladder as long as you can afford repayments. 

Disclaimer- not a financial expert and barely even a real person. 

1 hour ago, Innovindil said:

You might be able to whack the stamp duty on the mortgage.

Also £3k stamp duty means the property must cost about £280k no? Buy something cheaper? 

32 minutes ago, Barky said:

You might be able to whack the stamp duty on the mortgage.

Also £3k stamp duty means the property must cost about £280k no? Buy something cheaper? 

The Stamp duty is 2% on anything between 125,000-250,000 so it's 3k on a 150,000 house. 

Which is pretty much at the low end for a 3 bed round where I am currently. So to go cheaper I'm looking at a flat/tiny 2 bed/rabbit hutch. Not really suitable for my *sometime in the future* family :/

edit: and apparently that money saving expert geezer say's the stamp duty can't be put onto a 5% mortgage, whether he's chatting bull or not idk.

Edited by Innovindil