Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

2 hours ago, Webbo said:

I'll have to see about moving my accounts to Santander. It's a pain in the arse all these bank closures.

Only way I can see going forward is banks sharing premises or all chipping in to staff a one size fits all branch. There's probably less need for branches with the rise of internet banking but not so much that they can close them all. Especially in small towns and villages, one place where you can go and deal with any bank would be perfect.

On Friday, February 17, 2017 at 00:20, Facecloth said:

Only way I can see going forward is banks sharing premises or all chipping in to staff a one size fits all branch. There's probably less need for branches with the rise of internet banking but not so much that they can close them all. Especially in small towns and villages, one place where you can go and deal with any bank would be perfect.

This actually makes a lot of sense, I'd envisaged something like the eurocar/hertz stalls outside airport arrivals but on a smaller scale where there's basically a desk for each branch and someone manages the running of the building itself.

Better than not having any branches at all I guess.

On ‎16‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 17:39, Matt said:

iPhone storage, lack of.

Not that many apps or photo's on there and no music as I use Apple Music so no need to store any on the phone anymore.

Yet it's always struggling for space and when you delete apps or photos or anything else you think will make space it hardly free's up any space anyway!!

When you delete photos do you then delete them out of the deleted folder?

A deleted photo will stay on your phone and take up storage whilst still in the deleted folder for 30 days before it is entirely deleted. If you go into the deleted folder and click delete all this will then free up space.

Sorry if i'm telling you to suck eggs but I only found this out last year lol 

22 minutes ago, kingcarr21 said:

A deleted photo will stay on your phone and take up storage whilst still in the deleted folder for 30 days before it is entirely deleted. If you go into the deleted folder and click delete all this will then free up space.

Yeah I knew that but thanks for telling me incase I didn't know! lol

Edited by Matt

21 minutes ago, kingcarr21 said:

I've only found this out today! lol 

On 2/15/2017 at 22:48, Wymeswold fox said:

Major brands taking over shops in towns/villages.

Have driven through quite a few semi-rural places recently and noticing big businesses trading where locals can do related business themselves.

Heard there's going to be a new Costa shop in Syston opening soon somewhere.

As someone who lives there, don't see any point/advantage to the community for it, given that about 1 mile away (Thurmaston) there's a shopping complex with a big-brand coffee shop there.

It would eventually kill off small family-owned ones that have been in the area for years and hence would be an unnecessary idea put forward if true.

Two major supermarkets next to each other is enough as it is imo.

Rather than whinging about a successful business. ask yourself why Costa succeeds while local coffee shops don't, despite not having to pay franchise fees to Costa.

13 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

People who go to the gym and have to let you know they go to the gym. Post things on facebook like 'everyday achieving my life goals'

F**k off lol

Shagged the missus last night. One notch closer to exceeding my target. #lifegoals #shag #believe

• Like 1

Poor quality sleep.

Tried medication, tried going bed at the same time, don't eat an hour or so before bed and even bought an eye mask recently but nothing is effective.

Thank God for water to keep me awake.

Edited by Wymeswold fox

8 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Poor quality sleep.

Tried medication, tried going bed at the same time, don't eat an hour or so before bed and even bought an eye mask recently but nothing is effective.

Thank God for water to keep me awake.

Water keeps you awake?!? Are you throwing it in your face, or you drinking so much the constant trips to the toilet keep you alert?

Do you use your mobile before you go sleep? You should try and not look at the screen before you go bed, give yourself half an hour to an hour away from it pre sleep.

14 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Water keeps you awake?!? Are you throwing it in your face, or you drinking so much the constant trips to the toilet keep you alert?

Do you use your mobile before you go sleep? You should try and not look at the screen before you go bed, give yourself half an hour to an hour away from it pre sleep.

I usually drink around 4/5 glasses of water during a typical weekday (09:00-17:00, but only go toilet around twice daily. Only drink tea/orange squash etc for dinner or just after.

I sometimes use phone to text/check emails a few minutes before getting ready for bed. Only occasionally use phone in bed, but adjust screen lighting to as minimal light as possible if so, though that could be the issue actually even when I try to use as little screen light as possible.

On 17/02/2017 at 02:20, Facecloth said:

That's part of my job actually.

Across Africa 'interoperability' of mobile money has been developed for an agent banking model. i.e. the banks work with mobile network operators, petrol stations, supermarkets etc to set up a network of 'agents' who provide a 'cash-in, cash-out' function for digital finance. Because they are 'interoperable', you can pay in to, and get money out of any account.

However, I did this in Rwanda with mVisa and only one bank invested in the agent network, the rest piggy backed off it, and so it didn't expand. But that's why it is good to work through existing networks that are highly liquid, such as the MNOs, petrol stations, supermarkets etc.

6 minutes ago, Webbo said:

When I was in the bank last week I half heard the cashier telling a customer they could pay cheques in at the post office. Not sure if I heard that right. does anyone know?

Been the case for a while.

Have lived in Syston for nearly 3 years now and used the Post Office there a few times including dealing with cheques. Straightforward process.

Edited by Wymeswold fox
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Webbo said:

When I was in the bank last week I half heard the cashier telling a customer they could pay cheques in at the post office. Not sure if I heard that right. does anyone know?

I believe 10 banks are members of the Cheque and Credit Clearing Company. The C&CCC process cheques and settle interbank payments etc.

I'll give you another link... it is kinda interesting... https://www.bis.org/cpmi/paysys/unitedkingdomcomp.pdf:)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Merging Cultures said:

I believe 10 banks are members of the Cheque and Credit Clearing Company. The C&CCC process cheques and settle interbank payments etc.

I'll give you another link... it is kinda interesting... https://www.bis.org/cpmi/paysys/unitedkingdomcomp.pdf:)

It's not 36 pages interesting but thanks anyway, . :D

38 minutes ago, Webbo said:

I pay my cheques in at the ATM itself located outside the bank. Far easier; can do it when the bank is closed.

22 minutes ago, DB11 said:

I pay my cheques in at the ATM itself located outside the bank. Far easier; can do it when the bank is closed.

My bank's closing and the ATM is going too. The nearest HSBC ATM will be in Belgrave.

• Like 1

Just now, Webbo said:

My bank's closing and the ATM is going too. The nearest HSBC ATM will be in Belgrave.

Still a bit annoyed it's going to be a cafe. Reckon it'll spoil the area imo.

Was a good bank as well, hope staff don't face threat of redundancy and be offered somewhere else.