Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
crawfordfoxes

where will we finish next year?

I started going to my first few games in 91/92 when Brian Little came to the club. In that time, I have never known Leicester to finish lower than 6th in the championship (previously division 1, formerly division 2).

As a City fan, I have been spoilt for choice, enjoying good times. This season is the worst I have seen and it will take time to rebuild this club.

Having said that, this league is very bad. Compare our goal difference to some of the play-off teams and it is quite comparable, sometimes better than many of the teams higher than us. Also, it is the amount of draws we have had which has cost us. Convert some of those to wins and we can soon nip up the table.

If we can bring in 2 or 3 good players and start the season well with a few wins (to boost the confidence), I see no reason why we cannot achieve a play-off place. The teams in this league are poor. Although the gap between us and the play-off places is large, it is easily bridgeable with some good signings and hard work on the training ground (on organisation, drive, etc).

Top 10.

91282[/snapback]

I concur.

I think the team should aim for a play-off place but we should not get dispirited if they only finish in the top-half of the table. Those people who are expecting imediate results next season are being unrealistic, a good promotion chasing team takes at least two full seasons to build.

I echo most peoples views. Top ten, but hopefully with a decent striker and a few more good players coming in then I can't see no reason why we wouldn't be able to mount a succesful promotion bid.

It depnds, If we are challenging for the play offs I will be satisfied but if we are 12-15 poits away all season and wina couple at the end to give the impression of resecpetability I wouldn't be.

So a play off challenge is my minimum requirement.

It's probably too early to be talking about next year. With what we have now it'd probably be another year of midtable mediocrity. But I'm sure Levein will be bringing in at least another half dozen new faces that will make us at least playoff contenders.

Unless Chandler wants to lend me his crystal ball, it's too early to say where we're likely to finish. I think there's a lot of work to be done, and I'd like to leave it until we've played a few games next season before playing any guessing games.

Top 10, but what did we all say this time last year??? :rolleyes:

91385[/snapback]

Well I said we were turning into a average Mid-Table Division side, At the time I thought i'd be proved very wrong, but how very right I was!

I'm not sure on next season, I think just below Top 10 to be honest, sorry chaps I can see us in this Division for some time to come :ermm::unsure:

To be honest with you I really can't see too many reasons why we can't finish top 6 at least. I know we said this at the beginning of the season but this time we have a manager whose had enough time and will have built himself up a squad which is totally his. I agree a lot of it will be down to having a decent goalscoring striker but I honestly believe we have some quality players now and I'm still bemused at to why we aren't doing better currently. Just my thoughts...

There seems to be a lot of optimisam about. This is going to take some sorting out and with very little money to spend. I'm sure the playing staff will be much changed, so any progress will do. We have managed only 10 wins all season of which Mickey was in charge for 4 of those. Without some drastic improvements I cant see us doing any better than top 10.

We should aim for top 6... man for man we have a squad that is marginally better than 80% of the teams in this division. If Craig Levein is as good as some of us think he is, it really shouldn't be beyond us to finish amongst the play-off places. Anything less would be a disappointment, not least in Levein's eyes! I trust he will find some decent reinforcements this summer, and hopefully him and Rob Kelly can concoct up a great pre-season so that we hit the season running.

Top 6 (at least)

Archived