Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ozwin

Who were the true Leicester legends in the 90s?

I got my hands on a Football Manager database which has players and squads of all the teams in the Premier League in the 92/93 season. Now I know Leicester weren't in the Premier League back then but I want to snap up some of the players that made our club so great back then and in the mid to late 90s too. I've got a couple but my minds gone a bit blank, help me out here.

What the **** have they done to Foxes talk? I have to click to see posts now?

If you open a thread there should be a box in the top right called "Options". Click that and choose the standard layout.

Anyway, you need Coatsworth, Ormondroyd, FRANZ CARR (five preferably), Iwan Roberts, Steve Agnew, Lee Philpott, Kevin Poole, Gavin Ward, Julian Joachim, David Oldfield, Nicky Mohan, Mark Robins to name a few

Cant belive it took that long before Walshie got a fecking mention !!!!

Hence the :huh:

Steve Walsh should be Top of ANY Leicester Legends List surely???

I feel another thread coming up.....Leicester All time Legends...Fez...im looking at you to start it!!!

Rooster Russell and Tommy Wright, Carl Muggleton, Brian Carey :crylaugh: Gary Mills, Mike Whitlow, Oldfield. Those are the few I can remember from around that time. I was only 5 mind you. lol. Latter 90's would be Taggart, Keller, Elliott etc.

Gary Mills, "Rooster Russell", Tony James, Ali Mauchlen, David Oldfield, Steve Walsh, Tommy Wright, Simon Grayson, Steve Thompson, Iwan Roberts, Emile Heskey, Gary Parker, Steve Claridge, Muzzy Izzett, Neil Lennon, Matt Elliott, Steve Guppy, Tony Cottee, Robbie Savage.

These are not all Leicester legends of course, just players i liked throughout the decade.

TRUE leicester legends are few and far between. Out of that company id say maybe only Walshy and Muz.

92-93 was the the first season I properly followed Leicester and my favorite player was Steve Thompson. He scored about 12 goals from midfield that season.

He was great that season. He scored the equaliser in the playoff final when we stormed back from 0-3 down to 3-3 against Swindon before the bastards nicked it 3-4!

I dont think ive ever felt so gutted at the end of a game as that one (apart from the Stoke game last season i guess!)

Gary Mills, "Rooster Russell", Tony James, Ali Mauchlen, David Oldfield, Steve Walsh, Tommy Wright, Simon Grayson, Steve Thompson, Iwan Roberts, Emile Heskey, Gary Parker, Steve Claridge, Muzzy Izzett, Neil Lennon, Matt Elliott, Steve Guppy, Tony Cottee, Robbie Savage.

These are not all Leicester legends of course, just players i liked throughout the decade.

TRUE leicester legends are few and far between. Out of that company id say maybe only Walshy and Muz.

Claridge is a legend. Scored two of the most important goals in our history - firstly the shinner to take us to the Prem and the goal in the League Cup final replay against Boro. Plus he's one of the few pundits to talk sense on 5 Live. Love the guy!

Archived