Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lamby

What gigs are you going?

• 2 weeks later...
On 06/03/2017 at 19:01, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

the xx on Saturday were genuinely perfect, absolutely fantastic gig. Their sound works in a different way on that kind of scale

Was there too

I have a recording of their concert in Dortmund a few days before which is very similar

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, purpleronnie said:

Blimey you must really like 'em.

It's  all part of the fun I am currently sat on a train after flying out to Lyon Wednesday for a frank turner gig followed by a train to Nancy (4 long hours!) another FT gig and then Nancy-Paris-london-Grantham today.

i intend doing Paris Strasbourg and Brussels for Dillinger escape plan in a few months

44 minutes ago, Jay said:

It's  all part of the fun I am currently sat on a train after flying out to Lyon Wednesday for a frank turner gig followed by a train to Nancy (4 long hours!) another FT gig and then Nancy-Paris-london-Grantham today.

i intend doing Paris Strasbourg and Brussels for Dillinger escape plan in a few months

Fun? I moan about travelling to de mont...lol  Love gigs hate the travelling.

Surely by now we should have those star trek transporter's?  I mean its the 21st century is anyone even trying?

1 hour ago, Jay said:

Love a bit of Frank Turner, can see why you're putting in the effort, great live.

On 31/03/2017 at 20:27, separator said:

Love a bit of Frank Turner, can see why you're putting in the effort, great live.

Was definitely worth it the venue in Nancy was an old boat around 150 people far better than a massive arena!

On 31/03/2017 at 19:48, purpleronnie said:

Fun? I moan about travelling to de mont...lol  Love gigs hate the travelling.

Surely by now we should have those star trek transporter's?  I mean its the 21st century is anyone even trying?

Can be a bit of a pain I agree but I went to a couple of places I would never have thought of going and Nancy in particular blew me away an absolutely stunning place 

On 4/3/2017 at 20:12, Isle of Wight Fox said:

It was bloody good!

Still in Berlin, flying home tomorrow.

Stiff little fingers are a cracking band live. Jake Burns is a fantastic front man, and you are never too old to rock.

Saw Paul Weller on tuesday at De Mont. Cracking gig.

Edited by joachim1965
finish post.

22 hours ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Wanted to get to this but never got round to it. You catch the Magic Gang beforehand mate? They're a tidy act.

Only caught the end, I'd never heard of them before. Played a song called How Can I Compete that was really good though. 

Circa Waves were only in the Queens Hall bit which is like the middle size of out of the O2's venues. Thought it'd be busier!

Edited by RonnieTodger

Yeah thats a bloody belter.

Odd venue for me man, weird to get into - saw JAWS in the same hall a while back and they were great but it was just too big for them. Amazed more bands / promoters don't book the Y up given it's over the road from the station and bridges the size gap between the Cookie and the o2 well.