Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

New Members - Please Introduce Yourself Here

Hey all. Been lurking here for a while and finally felt compelled to jump in. Like a lot of new American fans I started watching the Premier League as a way to kill some time before college football and NFL games last year. Got swept up in the amazing run and jumped aboard the Leicester bandwagon but I have no intention of jumping ship. 

• Like 4

On 17/03/2017 at 17:56, bstockton said:

Hello all, I'm Brent from the United States. I grew up playing American football and lacrosse, but while in grad school did a project on analytical methods for predicting goals in the EPL. I started watching some games for research a couple years ago and was immediately drawn to Leicester's style of play. I try to watch every game now and really jumped on the bandwagon last season. The quality of discussion on tactics and analysis in this forum was the best I've seen, so I signed up. 

Megnuts, Megnuts

Seriously though, welcome  ???

Hi folks. Been a City fan since 1990 when i moved to the area from Glasgow. Had always been a Rangers fan so felt a link with City through the Jock Wallace connection. My first game was a 2-2 draw v Barnsley back in the day when David Pleat was king. Been there through thick and thin ever since. Sadly only get to the odd cup game now i've moved on to Kent but still take a great interest in all things LCFC. 

I joined around the time when Leicester won the title but was lurking around when they started making momentum in the league and going on a multiple game undefeated streak. Despite being disappointed with the sacking of Ranieri, I think it was a move forward and one of those necessary things for the team to find themselves again. I have been lurking but will participate now. This is a nice forum.

• Like 2

I'm one of those new fans fascinated by Leicester city story, i followed LCFC news regularly since January 2016 when sports media started talking of a possible premier league win, since then i could not forget about this club and day after day i became a true supporter of Leicester City. I was a regular reader of FoxesTalk and LeicesterMercury and now decided to join the forum.

I must agree that i felt bad about the team performance this season and i was totally sure it was a matter of confidence, Raniery repeatedly under estimate players and says he just looking for 40 points, this weak mentality was the cause of his departure, but all that time i was there hoping things will get better and i think the team is back to its best again fortunately.

• Like 1

Hello everyone. I'm an American that moved to England last December. I'm a fan of all sports and I just started following Leicester City last year during the run to the Championship. In the States the only teams that get any sort of coverage are ManU, Arsenal, and Chelsea. My wife and I attended the LCFC v Hull City match on 4 March and we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. The atmosphere was unlike anything I've experienced in American sports. I look forward to seeing more matches in the future and thank you for showing this American what true fans look like.

• Like 3

Hi guys

I've joined this site in the hope that I can help you with a couple of tickets for the Madrid home game next week

I bought 2 corporate tickets in the legends lounge including 3 course meal etc for £325+VAT so total is £780 for the 2. They are sat in the main stand row GG seats 226+227

The customer cannot go now and I'd like these tickets to go to Leicester fans if at all possible.

This is completely genuine and I can provide pictures of the tickets and the invoice for them as proof of purchase.

If you yourselves or any fellow fans you know would like these tickets, my email address is [email protected].

I've spoken to hospitality today who haven't been overly helpful and they'll only go to waste if not so I'm hoping they can go to a good home.

Thanks for reading and good luck in tonights game

To be honest, I've to say that N'Golo Kanté is one of my favorite player and I started to follow Leicester because of him. 

But even after when he left you guys, I still have a left spot for the team.

I looking forward to take part of discussions on this site! :)

Cheers!

Hi everyone,

Just a quick presentation from an expat living in Spain and who happens to be an Atlético fan! I've been following your forum the last few weeks, it's interesting to get a perspective of what opps think and how they see things from the other side ;)

So may the best team go through and hope for an exciting match, it will be tough for both sides and intense I'm sure!

Cheers

• Like 2

Hi all been a supporter for around 10 Years now through thick and Thin. 

STH, and genuinely football mad. 

Also like Game of Thrones - If you couldn't already tell :)

Edited by StarkFox

First match Leicester West Ham 1965 -   City won 5-4 with a great late save from Gordon Banks. Born in Leicester.  I have spent probably too much time following the trails and tribulations of the team.  My dad did some law work for City back in the day and knew the Linekers (and acted for Linekers dad once).  got me autographed book of the team when I was 8.   Live in London and don't get to see the team that much.  Did catch the pretty boring 0-1 vs Arsenal last week  (no atmos at the Emirates compared to KP) . Lurked here off an on,  Had a bet last year and made several grand - so I owe the team!   Travel quite a bit and its amazing now abroad how people have actually heard of Leicester ...anyway its been a hell of a ride.  Still a bit sad we didn't progress against Atletico - but the spirit was incredible  - so close to making history - but really proud of the team anyway

On 2017-5-1 at 14:34, hackneyfoxx said:

First match Leicester West Ham 1965 -   City won 5-4 with a great late save from Gordon Banks. Born in Leicester.  I have spent probably too much time following the trails and tribulations of the team.  My dad did some law work for City back in the day and knew the Linekers (and acted for Linekers dad once).  got me autographed book of the team when I was 8.   Live in London and don't get to see the team that much.  Did catch the pretty boring 0-1 vs Arsenal last week  (no atmos at the Emirates compared to KP) . Lurked here off an on,  Had a bet last year and made several grand - so I owe the team!   Travel quite a bit and its amazing now abroad how people have actually heard of Leicester ...anyway its been a hell of a ride.  Still a bit sad we didn't progress against Atletico - but the spirit was incredible  - so close to making history - but really proud of the team anyway

What an awful username! ;)

On 2017-5-1 at 14:34, hackneyfoxx said:

Still a bit sad we didn't progress against Atletico - but the spirit was incredible  - so close to making history - but really proud of the team anyway

What history did you want to make?

We'd already made history by winning the PL, playing in the CL, winning a game in the CL, winning and qualifying from the group .........