Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Trav Le Bleu

Old Games You'd Like To See Remade

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
6 hours ago, somebum said:

Sabateur

If you mean the old Spectrum/c64 game of the 80s, I'd argue that Deus Ex was kind of a spiritual remake or perhaps Tenchu... which incidentally I'd love to see on a modern game engine!

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/31/2017 at 17:12, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Shenmue

good call. Great game, with only the load time between scenes making it frustrating to play.

Driver could be worth someone giving it another outing on the current generation of consoles, although I'm thinking more of a reboot than a remake. I was quite young when the original came out but I played it to some degree along with the further iterations that we released.

There could be an issue with the depth of such a game I guess, with other open world games such as GTA and Watch-Dogs knocking about. There could be a room in the market for such a game that was built around the driving experience though.

Things such as having different parts of the hypothetical city modelled to compliment a driving game and requiring different types of car along with skills from the player. Tight city streets, open roads and back country maybe. With a more realistic driving simulation than you find it a lot of games, this could bring a lot of depth to the gameplay including ramping up the intensity with a realistic damage system. Depending on how realistic developers wanted to get, they could also design the game world to incorporate jumps etc.

Where focus would be spent on certain parts of other open world games, more effort could be put into the AI of the opposing drivers to give more depth and competition to the chases that you might not get elsewhere. The set pieces in missions could also much better than other games in this respect.

If someone could come up with a great story to compliment this sort of technical game, it could be good play through. Giving it a few minutes thought makes me wonder what the professionals could come up with! Maybe we'll see it one day.

2 minutes ago, samlcfc said:

Driver could be worth someone giving it another outing on the current generation of consoles, although I'm thinking more of a reboot than a remake. I was quite young when the original came out but I played it to some degree along with the further iterations that we released.

There could be an issue with the depth of such a game I guess, with other open world games such as GTA and Watch-Dogs knocking about. There could be a room in the market for such a game that was built around the driving experience though.

Things such as having different parts of the hypothetical city modelled to compliment a driving game and requiring different types of car along with skills from the player. Tight city streets, open roads and back country maybe. With a more realistic driving simulation than you find it a lot of games, this could bring a lot of depth to the gameplay including ramping up the intensity with a realistic damage system. Depending on how realistic developers wanted to get, they could also design the game world to incorporate jumps etc.

Where focus would be spent on certain parts of other open world games, more effort could be put into the AI of the opposing drivers to give more depth and competition to the chases that you might not get elsewhere. The set pieces in missions could also much better than other games in this respect.

If someone could come up with a great story to compliment this sort of technical game, it could be good play through. Giving it a few minutes thought makes me wonder what the professionals could come up with! Maybe we'll see it one day.

Driver San Francisco? 

Not exactly brand new but.......

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/30/2009 at 16:05, Libertine said:

2 will always be my favourite. 3 was probably the best in terms of gameplay, but 2 was one of the first games I ever got.

Along with Crash 3 and Spyro. :D

On 9/8/2009 at 18:35, dogadug said:

Crash Bash on ps1 - so addictive!!

The release date is finally being announced tomorrow

Archived