Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Morrison contract extension.

From OS

Leicester City defender, Michael Morrison, has put pen to paper on a contract extension, keeping him at the club until June 2012.

The talented 21-year-old was Nigel Pearson's first signing for the club, at the start of the 2008/09 campaign.

Morrison has now made over 40 appearances for the club, scoring three goals, including two in the 2-2 draw with S****horpe United on the night City lifted the Coca-Cola League One title.

From OS

Leicester City defender, Michael Morrison, has put pen to paper on a contract extension, keeping him at the club until June 2012.

The talented 21-year-old was Nigel Pearson's first signing for the club, at the start of the 2008/09 campaign.

Morrison has now made over 40 appearances for the club, scoring three goals, including two in the 2-2 draw with S****horpe United on the night City lifted the Coca-Cola League One title.

Good. Glad for him and the club. Still has a lot to learn but he's young and has time on his side.

:)

Really pleased for him. He's got his limitations but he's put a shift in for the club and never let us down even when playing out of position.

Even his presence at right-back seems to have tightened our defence considerably and we all know he's a capable and reliable centre-back.

Glad for the lad.

Never been his biggest fan, but he certainly deserves it and I think he'll be a cracking defender in a few years time, dare I say maybe even with a Premiership club.

pleased for the lad.

few more quid in his pocket i hope - he deserves it. keep up the good work Michael.

Indeed, and this is the way to do it with players from the lower leagues - sign them up on the cheap and reward their hard work and enthusiasm when then they provie they have the attitude and the drive to make the step up.

Pleased for the lad, turning into a decent defender very quickly here. If Neilson continues to be indifferent at RB, Morrison has shown himself to be a more than adequate deputy.

i was abit unsure when he signed. coming from lower league well he proved me wrong obviously still has a lot to learn but he has age on his side. He will be a top center half in a few years deserved the extension to his current deal. keep up the good work morrison.

Great news. Was wondering while he was out of the matchday 18 whether he'd be wanting to look elsewhere for a regular first team spot with only having a 2 year deal here. Deserves his longer contract for looking accomplished when used this year, and rarely putting a foot wrong last season. Hope he can continue to develop and if so we might just have another very very good defender on the books.

Has done brilliantly in making the step up from non league football, to League 1 and now to the Championship pretty impressively. Definitely could be playing at Premiership level in the future if he continues to develop at this rate.

I'm pleased he is back in the starting eleven, albeit at right back. It is a shame that he can't get a run in the side in the centre of defence, with Tunch out for a while however, he may get that opportunity soon.

Thoroughly deserves his contract extension. :)

Archived