Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
nathan.

EDL (English Defence League)

I wish there was some way to get all the muslim extremists ,and other religious fanatics , the EDL , BNP and all the hate groups etc into one big room and let them kick fook out of each other , and leave the rest of us alone.

These groups seem to fuel each other's hatred

:thumbup: Sly likes this.

I wish there was some way to get all the muslim extremists ,and other religious fanatics , the EDL , BNP and all the hate groups etc into one big room and let them kick fook out of each other , and leave the rest of us alone.

These groups seem to fuel each other's hatred

I'd be interested to know why you think your life is affected by any of these groups?

Even the London bombings hasn't affected anything I've ever done or had planned to do.

I'd be interested to know why you think your life is affected by any of these groups?

Even the London bombings hasn't affected anything I've ever done or had planned to do.

Sadly, EVERYTHING we do has been affected by the bombings or (shhh :) ) 911.

Our lives and how we live them have been absolutely and completely changed as a result of the fear campaign enhanced by the liars that are our "leaders".

You are on camera on virtually every street corner, you are being "profiled" by the local law enforcement agency, Your internet browsing habits are being scanned, whenever you enter an airport, bus or railway station, you are being checked, photographed, scanned, x-rayed etc etc...and all of this is just the tip of the iceberg... we dont know, what we dont know.

As a result of all of this, we ARE all changing the way we live, the saddest part is that so many people dont realise it.

Interestingly.. the liars in power in the UK during this have been Labour... in Australia was the cnut Howard (Liberal,conservative) government.. and that dozy fcuker Bush (conservative) in the US. It aint the heritage of the party that is at fault.

Our lives and how we live them have been absolutely and completely changed as a result of the fear campaign enhanced by the liars that are our "leaders".

You are on camera on virtually every street corner, you are being "profiled" by the local law enforcement agency, Your internet browsing habits are being scanned, whenever you enter an airport, bus or railway station, you are being checked, photographed, scanned, x-rayed etc etc...and all of this is just the tip of the iceberg... we dont know, what we dont know.

As a result of all of this, we ARE all changing the way we live, the saddest part is that so many people dont realise it.

Interestingly.. the liars in power in the UK during this have been Labour... in Australia was the cnut Howard (Liberal,conservative) government.. and that dozy fcuker Bush (conservative) in the US. It aint the heritage of the party that is at fault.

That's rubbish, I haven't modified the way I live my life because of the cameras and profiling, if you aren't doing anything particularly wrong why would you change, if the local fuzz are interested in keeping details of my browsing activities they can get on with it. The major effect is that more tax has been diverted into paying for all this stuff but governments tax and will find something else to get us for if the terror threat disappears tomorrow.

That's rubbish, I haven't modified the way I live my life because of the cameras and profiling, if you aren't doing anything particularly wrong why would you change, if the local fuzz are interested in keeping details of my browsing activities they can get on with it. The major effect is that more tax has been diverted into paying for all this stuff but governments tax and will find something else to get us for if the terror threat disappears tomorrow.

I've always found that 'if your not doing anything wrong, why worry about it' view very odd. Surely thats not the point? But again everyone just accepts it. And thats why we have more CCTV cameras per person than anywhere in the world.

I have been effected, being brown and because Sikh's wear turban's, we are continually mistaken for 'taliban' etc. I know many people who have been target of 'hate' crimes, and i've also been called a terrorist on many occassions, funnily enough our lord mayor Colin has also called me such. I've also been target of 'racial profiling' when travelling abroad, and been made to stand for 2 hours while all 'brownies' are interogated while our white counterparts are allowed through!!

Has my lifestyle changed, not really, it's something we've had to accept...................

Excuse me, but that's at least 50 percent bollocks.

YES, there is more video surveillance than before - partly thanks to technological advancements and the handiness of said constructions. It's cheap, convenient and takes little money to run (in theory).

Whether you feel intimidated by it or not, your problemo. As I've already mentioned in another thread, as long as you have nothing to hide, there's nothing to be afraid of.

I blame the sensationalist media to a certain extent for this "general fear", as it is actually a punctual threat in certain areas during certain times (and nothing regular). This is how you make an elephant out of a fly.

If you think we ALL are changing the way we live, then you're the victim of an immense hate campaign that terrorizes our lives on a daily basis.

I blame today's stupid, disinterested and mal-informed population for the demise of our collective intelligence.

YES, there is more video surveillance than before - partly thanks to technological advancements and the handiness of said constructions. It's cheap, convenient and takes little money to run (in theory).

Whether you feel intimidated by it or not, your problemo. As I've already mentioned in another thread, as long as you have nothing to hide, there's nothing to be afraid of.

I blame the sensationalist media to a certain extent for this "general fear", as it is actually a punctual threat in certain areas during certain times (and nothing regular). This is how you make an elephant out of a fly.

If you think we ALL are changing the way we live, then you're the victim of an immense hate campaign that terrorizes our lives on a daily basis.

I blame today's stupid, disinterested and mal-informed population for the demise of our collective intelligence.

Not any more. :cry: Governments have become increasingly Orwellian in nature for no good reason (except to do the "terrorist" bidding) and that cannot be good for life and liberty in a free society. After all war is peace according to Barrack Osama Obama, US Government agencies allow crotch bombers on to planes into order to see who they meet up with (their maker presumably :rolleyes: ) and Emmanuel Goldstein is Al Qaeda (the toilet) or Osama Bin Laden. :huh:

One of them gave me 50p in Westherspoons before the Forest game because I was short and holding up the queue. Chivalrous.

My great grandad was once on holiday in the Ruhr Valley, but he'd got seperated from the rest of his party. Didn't have a clue where he was, but he met this young painter, whom at first he mistook for Charlie Chaplin. The nice young man gave him a bite of his apple (fresh from Berchtesgaden) and soon put him back on the right track. Thoroughly nice bloke great grandad said.

Who'd have thought, eh?

Whether you feel intimidated by it or not, your problemo. As I've already mentioned in another thread, as long as you have nothing to hide, there's nothing to be afraid of.I blame the sensationalist media to a certain extent for this "general fear", as it is actually a punctual threat in certain areas during certain times (and nothing regular). This is how you make an elephant out of a fly.

:sick:

That is one of the most offensive statements in the english language ....

Jean Charles de Menezes (7 January 1978–22 July 2005) was a Brazilian national who was shot in the head seven times at close range by the London Metropolitan police ("the Met"), who claimed to have misidentified him as a suicide bomber about to detonate a device on the London Underground

Scotland Yard issued a statement that Jean Charles de Menezes, the 27-year-old Brazilian electrician shot to death yesterday by police in a London Underground station was "not connected" to Thursday's bombings and called the incident "a tragedy". A day earlier, the police commissioner said the man was "directly linked" to Thursday's attacks.

The police statement said

"We are now satisfied that he was not connected with the incidents of Thursday 21st July 2005. For somebody to lose their life in such circumstances is a tragedy and one that the Metropolitan Police Service regrets."

The man was followed when he left a flat that had been under surveillence. He did not obey instructions from police (not in uniform) as he ran onto a Tube train at the station. Eyewitnesses said he "was wearing a large coat, unusual for the time of year", but didn't seem to have "any guns or anything like that; I didn't see him carrying anything. I didn't even see a bag to be quite honest."

What had he done wrong exactly? ( If you have ever...worn a coat at the wrong time of year, run into a tube station or carried a back pack).... seems he/you have a shitload to fear.

There are countless events where people are profiled and affected simply because of how they look, seriously, if you dont think your life has been affected you are living in denial.

Jean Charles de Menezes (7 January 1978–22 July 2005) was a Brazilian national who was shot in the head seven times at close range by the London Metropolitan police ("the Met"), who claimed to have misidentified him as a suicide bomber about to detonate a device on the London Underground

Scotland Yard issued a statement that Jean Charles de Menezes, the 27-year-old Brazilian electrician shot to death yesterday by police in a London Underground station was "not connected" to Thursday's bombings and called the incident "a tragedy". A day earlier, the police commissioner said the man was "directly linked" to Thursday's attacks.

"We are now satisfied that he was not connected with the incidents of Thursday 21st July 2005. For somebody to lose their life in such circumstances is a tragedy and one that the Metropolitan Police Service regrets."

The man was followed when he left a flat that had been under surveillence. He did not obey instructions from police (not in uniform) as he ran onto a Tube train at the station. Eyewitnesses said he "was wearing a large coat, unusual for the time of year", but didn't seem to have "any guns or anything like that; I didn't see him carrying anything. I didn't even see a bag to be quite honest."

What had he done wrong exactly? ( If you have ever...worn a coat at the wrong time of year, run into a tube station or carried a back pack).... seems he/you have a shitload to fear.

There are countless events where people are profiled and affected simply because of how they look, seriously, if you dont think your life has been affected you are living in denial.

Ben says it all.

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

I think it goes without saying that most of their members are troglodytes.

I'd call myself Liberal, but I'm going to come out with a load of stuff that looks superficially a bit right wing now. Pardon me and all.

It does seem to me that the more white, working class males see examples of positive discrimination, perceived or actual, the more they become removed and disenfranchised from the political process, and so the more they become driven to extremist parties such as the EDL and the BNP.

I think the problem boils down to equality of opportunity versus equality of outcome. You can't really measure whether people have equal oppurtunities without measuring actual outcomes, but there will always be a gap there. There are all sorts of reasons why women, the disabled and people of minorities don't come out well when actual outcome is measured. Bias and prejudice is definitely one but there are other more practical reasons sometimes. To use a simple example, Conservative party women-only shortlists - I don't imagine that there's anywhere near as many women as men who want to get into politics, and I bet that effect is only exacerbated by them being, y'know, the conservative party. But in terms of equality of oppurtunity, which other party has had a female prime minister (ish) at its helm?

To an extent it's been attempted to be remedied by positively discriminating to try to create a culture of acceptance of minorities, but what's happened is that this inverse prejudice creates an entrenched feeling of victimhood and perpetuates prejudice amongst other groups who had it okay before, pretty much ruining the whole idea of getting rid of all of the 'isms'.

As I said, prejudice certainly exists, but in examples where positive discrimination does occur it doesn't really seem to be helping matters for a lot of people. We've got to a point where people feel victimised and lash out at immigrants, and I'm sure people would be far more friendly and welcoming if this wasn't the case. There's a great story in a Bill Bryson book that he repeats, about a (I think Hungarian, I'll be fucked if I'm checking) immigrant coming to the country, asking in broken English about something at a Police station, cowering as the policeman comes around his desk, expecting to be hit, only the policeman thrusts out a hand and welcomes him proudly to his country.

If that's what we did here, would we have ghettos of immigrants, white flight, a perceived 'cultural invasion' and all the rest of it? Perhaps, but not to the same extent as we have all the rage bubbling under today. Even if you think the government hasn't done anything at all wrong and it's largely media hype and fear, even though a shitload of this is people lashing out and being actual fucking ******, I think what what of the big three parties needs to come out and do is demonstrate (or legislate to ensure) that a level playing field exists, and reassure the white working class, particularly males. It'd probably do more for community cohesion than all the well-intentioned legislation aimed in the same area in the last 10 years.

It was a day after the attempted bombings on the buses and trains. The whole of the police force was on red alert, and would shoot to kill any possible terrorists. If you were a policeman, A day after the attempted bombings, and someone makes a dash for trains, jumps the barriers and repeatedly ignores instructions from the Police, You'd be thinking this man your chasing is going to bomb the train. One of my mates is a copper, he and I share the same opinion, that If he complied with Police Instructions, he would still be alive. 2 Weeks before the attempted bombings, 52 innocent people lost their lives in the 7/7 bombings, It seems these people are forgotten most of the time, and the police mistake is more important. 1 life before 52?

There have been countless examples of innocent people being locked up for things they haven't done, sometimes deliberately by the police. No one can be seriously suggesting that if you've got nothing to hide you've nothing to fear.

Bunch of cunts. The lot "mobbed up" in Lloyd's before F*rest away wouldn't have looked out of place as extras in Green Street. Bunch of wannabe right wing ******. And as for the cringeworthy EDL branded hoodies some of 'em were wearing...

They claim all this bollocks about being "all races united against extreme Islam". Yeah? Don't see many black or brown faces when they're off on their all day booze ups in northern towns. Disgusting organisation.

Bunch of knuckle dragging racist fuckwits however they try to dress up their views as anti-extremist.

Twats.

Agree totally with this. There idiots. Walking through town after the forest game, saw their hoodies and we went to see what the commotion was about. We listened to about a minute of it, The bloke who was the ex soldier gave exactly the same speech. There were mumurs of racist words humming around the back of the crowd. The EDL is a thinly veiled front for the BNP, Its a group of poorly funded ex football hooligans that can't afford to go to the games. Saw the incident Dr The Singh mentioned, Was not pretty.

It was a day after the attempted bombings on the buses and trains. The whole of the police force was on red alert, and would shoot to kill any possible terrorists. If you were a policeman, A day after the attempted bombings, and someone makes a dash for trains, jumps the barriers and repeatedly ignores instructions from the Police, You'd be thinking this man your chasing is going to bomb the train. One of my mates is a copper, he and I share the same opinion, that If he complied with Police Instructions, he would still be alive. 2 Weeks before the attempted bombings, 52 innocent people lost their lives in the 7/7 bombings, It seems these people are forgotten most of the time, and the police mistake is more important. 1 life before 52?

Except he did almost none of those things.

And was pretty much entirely innocent.

And was shot illegally by overreactive police officers.

Which was then the subject of a poorly attempted cover up that was subsequently rumbled and the MET were charged.

Seriously, have you actually read anything about the case at all since, like, the day after the shooting? At least show some fooking interest in investigating the aftermath before spouting tripe. Your supposed police friend should certainly know better.

Except he did almost none of those things.

And was pretty much entirely innocent.

And was shot illegally by overreactive police officers.

Which was then the subject of a poorly attempted cover up that was subsequently rumbled and the MET were charged.

Seriously, have you actually read anything about the case at all since, like, the day after the shooting? At least show some fooking interest in investigating the aftermath before spouting tripe. Your supposed police friend should certainly know better.

What he said.

Seriously, have you actually read anything about the case at all since, like, the day after the shooting? At least show some fooking interest in investigating the aftermath before spouting tripe.

You're being desperately unfair; you know that simply isn't the Foxestalk way.

Archived