Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Finchy

Festival Thread

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Gorillaz a bit disappointing to me....just doesn't seem right. I can't get Damon Albarn fronting another band in this way after Blur's incredible performance last year.

Where's this visual spectacle?!

Agreed, I preferred the stuff they used to do with all the visuals rather than an actual band performing. Especially those gigs they did with 3D characters.

Still love the tunes tho.

How the fook does Florence Welch do that with her voice? I keep trying it (normally when I'm in the car and forget I've got the roof down!) :blush: but all I'm succeeding in doing is shredding my vocal cords. >_<

How the fook does Florence Welch do that with her voice? I keep trying it (normally when I'm in the car and forget I've got the roof down!) :blush: but all I'm succeeding in doing is shredding my vocal cords. >_<

You're driving around shouting and with your top down? :o;)

Edited by ozleicester

Haven't actually caught any Glastonbury highlights yet. I take it the shows are the same format as usual?

Generic Radio 1 DJ introduces the show and comments on the amazing time they're having at their spiritual home, we cross over to some useless tragically dressed roving reporter like Peaches Geldof or some such mauler for half an hour of magic tricks in the children's area, we go back to the DJ to talk some more about the amazing time they're having, we see five minutes of a band's set, DJ comments on the fact they're using portaloos and wearing wellies (But it's all dead spiritual), in depth three quarter of an hour interview with the band about the five minutes of their set we've just seen, DJ comments on amazing spiritual time, back to twenty minutes of Peaches Geldof who's doing fingerpaints in the Greenpeace tent with a generic flavour of the month indie band, DJ amazing time, followed by concluding promises of loads more live acts tomorrow.

Haven't actually caught any Glastonbury highlights yet. I take it the shows are the same format as usual?

Generic Radio 1 DJ introduces the show and comments on the amazing time they're having at their spiritual home, we cross over to some useless tragically dressed roving reporter like Peaches Geldof or some such mauler for half an hour of magic tricks in the children's area, we go back to the DJ to talk some more about the amazing time they're having, we see five minutes of a band's set, DJ comments on the fact they're using portaloos and wearing wellies (But it's all dead spiritual), in depth three quarter of an hour interview with the band about the five minutes of their set we've just seen, DJ comments on amazing spiritual time, back to twenty minutes of Peaches Geldof who's doing fingerpaints in the Greenpeace tent with a generic flavour of the month indie band, DJ amazing time, followed by concluding promises of loads more live acts tomorrow.

:o There's no hope for you I'm afraid - you've clearly already fallen victim to Glasto's mystical spookiness (it's the ley lines, y'know!) ad can now uncannily predict what you've not seen for yourself! :eek:

Cue croft 'i'm a medium' fox........ :P

Edited by anotherofwalshieswomen

James did you manage to catch The XX? I've just watched their whole set online and it looked incredible.

I ripped that this morning. I love the iplayer at Glasto. Managed to rip The xx, Jamie T, Black Keys, Mumford, Groove Armada and Kele so far

So you did watch it then you bloody liar.

Although it wasn't peaches, it was some black girl with a lisp. Now I'm all for giving people a chance, but being a bloody tv presenter generally needs to be able to speak properly. On top of that she's a shit presenter which makes it even more annoying.

So you did watch it then you bloody liar.

Although it wasn't peaches, it was some black girl with a lisp. Now I'm all for giving people a chance, but being a bloody tv presenter generally needs to be able to speak properly. On top of that she's a shit presenter which makes it even more annoying.

I've been catching up on the iplayer this morning. My predicitions were scarily accurate. Does it not occur to anyone at the BBC that the reason we might tune in is to actually watch some live music, not endless prattle from people I couldn't care less about?

I ripped that this morning. I love the iplayer at Glasto. Managed to rip The xx, Jamie T, Black Keys, Mumford, Groove Armada and Kele so far

I know, I was watching The XX, The National and Phoenix until about 3 a.m. this morning...

Wow. The most incredible weekend of my life without doubt. It's hard to imagine any festival anywhere getting close to that (I thought Exit in Serbia 2 years ago was good but Glastonbury is in a completely different league). The music, the atmosphere, the location, the people, the weather, all amazing.

Music highlights:

Delphic - flawless performance.

The XX - just stunning.

Hot Chip - playing into the sunset on the Other Stage.

Snoop Dogg - classic tunes, I thought he nailed it.

Stevie Wonder - owned the stage and the 100,000+ people watching him.

High Contrast - had the tent bouncing all over the place.

The Ratpack - played some fine old skool rave into the early hours of Monday morning.

The site is absolutely vast and aside from the main stages there is an unbelievable amount going on. Wondering into areas like Shangri La, Arcadia, Block 9 and the Healing Fields was mind blowing, I saw shit there I never thought I would see. Ridiculous. Not to mention watching the sunrise from the Stone Circle with some of the most bizarre, interesting characters.

If you haven't been you have to go. Don't let the line up affect your choice, music is just one small part of the experience. I'll be back next year.

• 2 weeks later...