Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
James.

Albums you haven't listened to for ages but then when you do listen to them you wonder why you didn't listen to them for ages

• 2 weeks later...

I was reminded of MF Dooms existence yesterday and I've been working through everything of his ever since.

He's got some amazing work and really diverse too. Anything in particular you've liked so far?

He has so many different aliases, it's quite hard to find a lot of his music. 

He's got some amazing work and really diverse too. Anything in particular you've liked so far?

He has so many different aliases, it's quite hard to find a lot of his music.

Madvillain was always my favourite of his but upon remembering him and going back through his stuff I've been listening to Mm... Food a lot.

Madvillain was always my favourite of his but upon remembering him and going back through his stuff I've been listening to Mm... Food a lot.

Yeh Madvillainy is a masterpiece. The Special Herb series are worth a listen and Operation Doomsday has some good stuff on.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

MI0002066148.jpg?partner=allrovi.com

51iPhdiuntL.jpg

Both of these are spot on, listened to In Utero a lot more recently though, Grace really does slip out my mind, fantastic album by an artist who never gets the credit he deserves, reckon his career would have only got better if it wasn't for his death. Buckley brought something totally different to guitar music and was a decent lyricist to boot.

• 3 weeks later...

Revisited this due to his recent passing, its a great album  :(

Black+Wonderful+Life+290330.jpg

I remember listening to that in school on my walkman back in the early 90's thinking I was cool because no-one had heard of him.  I actually googled him a few weeks ago to see what he was doing, so was shocked to hear he passed away a few days ago.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Yeh Madvillainy is a masterpiece. The Special Herb series are worth a listen and Operation Doomsday has some good stuff on.

I've always thought Viktor Vaughn was his best alias, (I'd argue that Madvillian was a group), some fantastic stuff especially on Vaudeville Villain.

I find it interesting that when you listen to a lot of new Hip-Hop artists now you can hear they were all massively influenced by Doom.

I think Bishop Nehru was quoted saying he was his biggest influence, and this was before they worked together on NehruvianDoom.

I've always thought Viktor Vaughn was his best alias, (I'd argue that Madvillian was a group), some fantastic stuff especially on Vaudeville Villain.

I find it interesting that when you listen to a lot of new Hip-Hop artists now you can hear they were all massively influenced by Doom.

I think Bishop Nehru was quoted saying he was his biggest influence, and this was before they worked together on NehruvianDoom.

Yeah Bloody Chain, Lemme Watch, Lickupon and Vaudeville Villain have gotta be in his all time Top 15-20.

Dont know whether he's more of a maverick or a journeyman, he's got so many colabs but then arrangements with Adult Swim and the odd pair of branded trainers. I spose he takes what he can.

• 2 weeks later...