Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest ttfn

QPR Ratings

He plays the simple way where as Wellens will expand.

So he tries to keep things simple and keep possession?

Wellens can be very influential but gives the ball away a fair bit, more than King does.

King isn't the kind of midfielder that Wellens is. Why aren't you getting on Wellens' back about him not getting forward much? I know why. It's because he isn't that kind of midfielder.

A midfielder's job isn't just to put in crunching tackles and stop their midfield from playing. King's job is to be the more open and attacking of the midfielders. I don't get why that's so hard to understand for you just because he's not the midfielder you want him to be.

You say always looks tired for a 21 year-old? Are you serious? If anything, that shows the amount of hard work he puts in and the amount of running he does. The fact that he's been a virtual ever-present (only missing out because of Internationals, mainly) means that he can cope with 'looking tired' and goes to show how much stamina he has to do it week-in, week-out.

Ok.

Wellens does get forward, hence why people say he doesn't shoot when he's at the edge of the area. I know they are both different midfielder's and I do understand that. Don't get me wrong, I like King, but I feel he is missing something.

So he tries to keep things simple and keep possession?

Wellens can be very influential but gives the ball away a fair bit, more than King does.

Ok.

Yes I did attend the match.

I didn't think Naughton was that bad. Routledge did cause problems for him, but I thought he did get forward at times (perhaps not as much as often because of Routledge).

Bamba isn't that good. He's not as good in the air as what people think, in fact, have any of his goals for the club been headers? (Just a question) I think, when everyone is fit, the partneship should be Mee -- Bruma.

I don't see what all the fuss is about King. Yes he's scored 14 goals, so he is always in the correct position when the ball drops which is good, but he doesn't get involved enough (tackling etc). He plays the simple way where as Wellens will expand. He also lacks pace (obviously not his fault he wasn't born with it) and always looks tired for a 21 year old footballer.

You said: "So what if he doesn't control the game". Isn't that what good midfielders are supposed to do?

And its my opinion, you can call it 'shite' all you want, but different opinion's are why the game is so good!!

The average age of the back four would be 20/21. No chance.

The average age of the back four would be 20/21. No chance.

I know its quite young but the average age for the Morrison -- Hobbs partneship would have been young as well when we were in League 1, surley? (After Tunchev got injured and before Brown came in) Yet, it was still good.

I know its quite young but the average age for the Morrison -- Hobbs partneship would have been young as well when we were in League 1, surley? (After Tunchev got injured and before Brown came in) Yet, it was still good.

I;m talking about the whole back line, it would just be too inexperienced. And this is the Championship, not League 1.

I;m talking about the whole back line, it would just be too inexperienced. And this is the Championship, not League 1.

Yeah and even Bamba whos recently turned 26 and played in England for 3 months isn't exactly a veteran (especially for a CB) so we need to have all the experience in there that we can get.

Oh, ok. Thought you just meant CB -- CB. And I know its the Champtionship but the League 1 thing was an example.

its his opinion and hes entitled to it.. dont mean hes talkiing shite..

i actually think he could be on to something with bruma, he could be our best defender. he seems to have a sensible head and a good read of the game with quality also...

and same with bamba, he can make you nervous and one day i can see him being caught out and costing us..

I think Bamba has been fantastic for us - I don't understand any negativity towards him. Not saying he won't make the odd mistake, but the guy is clearly a top class Championship player and clould probably do a decent job in the top flight.

I thought Bruma was majestic - he looked absolute class for a young lad with only a minimal number of games under his belt.

Archived