Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
zubi

The Documentary Thread

Documentary, or Shock-you-mentally, as Nathan Barley would say.

The Wonders of the Solar System was fascinating stuff, and I really enjoyed The Root of All Evil.

I saw a documentary about a chap who tried to track down the Winnebago Man recently that was good. I think the last documentary I saw was about a bloke who was chatting to a girl online, and he travelled across the US to meet her. I can't remember what it was called, and I don't want to spoil it for anyone who hasn't seen it yet. Does anyone know what the name of it was?

I was looking at the tv listings recently, and found out I'd just missed Exit Through the Gift Shop. It looks right up my street. That has to be next on my list of documentaries to watch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aI4rNonP87g&NR=1

Edited by Raw Dykes

Documentary, or Shock-you-mentally, as Nathan Barley would say.

The Wonders of the Solar System was fascinating stuff, and I really enjoyed The Root of All Evil.

I saw a documentary about a chap who tried to track down the Winnebago Man recently that was good. I think the last documentary I saw was about a bloke who was chatting to a girl online, and he travelled across the US to meet her. I can't remember what it was called, and I don't want to spoil it for anyone who hasn't seen it yet. Does anyone know what the name of it was?

I was looking at the tv listings recently, and found out I'd just missed Exit Through the Gift Shop. It looks right up my street. That has to be next on my list of documentaries to watch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aI4rNonP87g&NR=1

THink it was called.. catfish

• 2 weeks later...

Went to listen to a Q&A with Charles Ferguson yesterday, was mightily impressed with what he had to say about the States, their political system and their financial crisis.

In case you haven't heard of the guy before, he's a multi-millionaire who sold FrontPage to Microsoft.

And this is his movie which won the Oscar this year:

inside-job-movie-poster.jpg

Edited by MC Prussian

• 6 months later...

No Spring?

That's bloody outrageous! If I were a nature programme maker then Spring would be an integral part of filming. The mad loons.

That said I'll still give it a gleg.

Exactly, Spring, the time when almost everything in nature happens isn't included.

I can only assume they're producing a feature length episode as we speak. Or maybe, just maybe, Spring is when the shape shifting lizard people that rule the world emerge from hibernation and making the Spring documentary would totally blow their cover, and our minds.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I watched all eight episodes of Commando on the Front Line back to back yesterday. Decent Royal Marine training documentary.

It follows 50 recruits who must do 32 weeks of hard training to earn the Green Beret. If they get through all the training they're off to Afghanistan to fight.

I had to applaud the guys who made it over the humpback bridge. It's a big achievement that's for sure. The officer training looked varied and hard too.

If you like military training docs then this is worth a watch. It's on Youtube and Lovefilm.

• Like 1