Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFC_FAN_1995

Boxing

10 minutes ago, kingfox said:

Exactly.

Looking at the first three rounds & last three, just so tight. Had Jacobs 2-1 up after the first three. Last three, both produced good work, 2-1, 3-0 either way.

Great resiliency from Jacobs, very impressive work at times, after the 10th I think it was you could see he had Golovkin rattled.

Jacobs deserves a rematch, if not then probably BJS next for GGG.

GGG won't fight him again without a rehydration clause 

20 pounds plus he gained after the weigh in ! 

Infact i cant see anyone fighting him for a title without that clause 

59 minutes ago, Mike Oxlong said:

Nice to see Crolla and Linares selling tickets on their merits as fighters and boxers rather than on trash talk.

Should be a cracker.

Think Linares will out point him again. Anthony will have to come out and start well get a foot hold early I think to stand a chance.

Fight I am looking forward to, the Under cards the pits, mind you Eddie probably saving every decent fight he has up his sleeve for the end of next month I bet.

5 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

Think Linares will out point him again. Anthony will have to come out and start well get a foot hold early I think to stand a chance.

Fight I am looking forward to, the Under cards the pits, mind you Eddie probably saving every decent fight he has up his sleeve for the end of next month I bet.

The main fight sells itself

Eddie knows how to make a quid or two I'll give him that.

45 minutes ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

@Manwell Pablo What's your thoughts on Eubank Jnr offering Bellew out on twitter to fight at super middleweight?

Jnr is starting to look a bit desperate on social media spouting rubbish to try and make a fight. That's now Bellew, GGG & DeGale he's gone at twitter. 

Thst ITV ppv couldn't have made him as much as he thought it would. 

He's an idiot trying to get publicity by mouthing off about a fight with the flavor of the month he knows never actually has any chance of happening.

Can you see Bellew getting down to Super Middleweight and being healthy enough to box? lol He's just fought at the weight of 15 stone! That is on diet I would not want to take up! For the sake of boxing that Pr1ck, no chance.

EDIT: Just looking at it now and to be fair to Jr, Bellew did (sort of) start it, obviously the suggestion of a fight is still utterly ridiculous

Edited by Manwell Pablo

O.K. @Manwell Pablo and @GaelicFox - I have decided to bet twenty of my hard earned English pounds on the Crolla v Linares fight and I need your expert opinions on how best to place it please. I'm thinking Linares on points again but the odds are only 11/8. Wadda you reckon chaps?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

O.K. @Manwell Pablo and @GaelicFox - I have decided to bet twenty of my hard earned English pounds on the Crolla v Linares fight and I need your expert opinions on how best to place it please. I'm thinking Linares on points again but the odds are only 11/8. Wadda you reckon chaps?

If you're just betting £20, i'd stick it on Linares KO.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, GaelicFox said:

welborn looks a different fighter

@Izzy Muzzett stick it on that @ 11/8 looks a gimmy

Yeah, my gut says a similar outcome to last time mate.

29 minutes ago, Grewks said:

If you're just betting £20, i'd stick it on Linares KO.

I'm not a big gambler but 'it means more when there's money on it' as the advert says. Lingares KO is 9/4 with my bookie. I just think Crolla may go the distance again...

There's very little value in Linares by points tbh.

He's meant to be in better shape than the first fight, where lets face it, he outclassed Crolla.

I don't see what Crolla can do tbh......needs a perfect punch, a haye style injury or do something he hasn't throughout the rest of his career.

Crolla has to hurt him early to have any chance imo. Linares is the superior boxer.

5 minutes ago, Grewks said:

There's very little value in Linares by points tbh.

He's meant to be in better shape than the first fight, where lets face it, he outclassed Crolla.

I don't see what Crolla can do tbh......needs a perfect punch, a haye style injury or do something he hasn't throughout the rest of his career.

Crolla has to hurt him early to have any chance imo. Linares is the superior boxer.

Yeah, agree that Linares is different class. I heard Crolla interviewed this week and he pretty much admitted he'd need the perfect performance and Linares to have an off day in order for him to win.

I almost sensed Crolla didn't really think he would win. I love watching Linares and really looking forward to the fight. If it's only 70% as good as the first fight it should still be a good scrap...

38 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Yeah, my gut says a similar outcome to last time mate.

I'm not a big gambler but 'it means more when there's money on it' as the advert says. Lingares KO is 9/4 with my bookie. I just think Crolla may go the distance again...

I think Anthony has enough about him to take him to points. If I was forced to take a bet I'd go with that. He's got a pretty good ko % for the weight but it's not outstanding. Mind you he's got a lot better than he was.

what is the ko just out of interest?

Edited by Manwell Pablo
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

I think Anthony has enough about him to take him to points. If I was forced to take a bet I'd go with that. He's got a pretty good ko % for the weight but it's not outstanding. Mind you he's got a lot better than he was.

Cheers Pabs. Crolla on points is 7/2 so pretty tempting. I'd really love to see him do it. 

7 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Cheers Pabs. Crolla on points is 7/2 so pretty tempting. I'd really love to see him do it. 

Id not touch crolla on points but it's your money. I'd want 7/1 nvm 7/2. 

I can only see Anthony winning if he hurts him. Over 12 you'd think the superior boxer will do enough.

Edited by Manwell Pablo

I really hope Crolla can do it as he always comes across as such a lovely lovely lad, I just think its as simple as Linares being that bit better in every department.

This I imagine will run similar to Santa Cruz v Frampton fight 2, where Frampton was always in it but you just felt the other guy was that bit better in most rounds, but then Crolla has been surprising me probably since his battles with Dirty Derry and I really hope he does it again!