Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
wellyfox

TO THE MODS

Dear Mods

I am not the longest member on the site and enjoy most of what is posted.

banter is great i have no problem infact i do love banter.

However one thing i do find offensive is the people on here that pick up others on their grammer.

Had i wanted to read this tripe i would go on a mensa site.

My grammer is not that great does that make me thick or a bad person.

Also people have been on other sites (BCFC) to name one, came back on here and ridiculed members of that and other sites for their grammer.

Why should i and others have to come on here because we are not accademic and put up with this as members of a site for my beloved LCFC.

Also how good does this site look to anyone that visits it from another club and people on here are taking the piss out of other sites because someone can't spell or put a full stop in the wrong place.

Like i say banter is one thing taking the piss out of some one who struggles at some thing is not fun.

I myself suffered this abuse on this site a few years ago under the nick of barnsley fox and for a period left the site.

My question to you is should i suffer this and should others ?????????????????????????????????

The reason i have put this here is so everyone can see how I and praps many others who would like to join in feel.

So all you piss takers feel free to rip me.

LargeAl would end up tearing his eyes out if he sees a grammar error!

cheeky devil.

There's a repetitive one in the first post (non-capitalised I) but I've refrained from pointing it out.

Well I have just done so but that was to prove a point that I don't nit-pick on grammar.

Guest Mee-9

It's around all over the place at the moment.

Most notably when you argue with someone, you're winning so they feel the need to nitpick your grammer/spelling.

Does me head in.

cheeky devil.

There's a repetitive one in the first post (non-capitalised I) but I've refrained from pointing it out.

Well I have just done so but that was to prove a point that I don't nit-pick on grammar.

Probably put on but -

Cheeky*

Fair play kid, Obvs people who are the "Nazi" grammars really havnt got anything to do with their dull and boring lifes. They need to understand that people have spelling difficulties in their life, (if it wernt for Google Chromes spell check I reckon half of this sentence would be "in-correct") People should learn not to criticize people on how their spelling is presented. They wouldnt know what there childhood/life has been like with these problems.

Infact why people are trying to win one over by their grammar is really pathetic....

But is there a need to belittle people who arnt 100% perfect ?

I think its more "a basic human duty" not to..

It's often only pointed out in a particularly woefully argued point or when it's laughable (well if it isn't just that it should be) I don't generally do it because it's condescending and it will fvck people off.

Doesn't mean I don't think people should know the difference between 'there' and 'their'.

Meh.

It's often only pointed out in a particularly woefully argued point or when it's laughable (well if it isn't just that it should be) I don't generally do it because it's condescending and it will fvck people off.

Doesn't mean I don't think people should know the difference between 'there' and 'their'.

Meh.

But thats what most people get stuck with, who have problems! only this past year or so, ive just managed to grip what all the different meanings are, in the past year or so. Thats just one of the things I had difficulty with!

Meh.

Im not perfect matey, No one is. :)

P.S. I`ll fight ya for ya shoes.. lol

Dear Mods

I am not the longest member on the site and enjoy most of what is posted.

banter is great i have no problem infact i do love banter.

However one thing i do find offensive is the people on here that pick up others on their grammer.

Had i wanted to read this tripe i would go on a mensa site.

My grammer is not that great does that make me thick or a bad person.

Also people have been on other sites (BCFC) to name one, came back on here and ridiculed members of that and other sites for their grammer.

Why should i and others have to come on here because we are not accademic and put up with this as members of a site for my beloved LCFC.

Also how good does this site look to anyone that visits it from another club and people on here are taking the piss out of other sites because someone can't spell or put a full stop in the wrong place.

Like i say banter is one thing taking the piss out of some one who struggles at some thing is not fun.

I myself suffered this abuse on this site a few years ago under the nick of barnsley fox and for a period left the site.

My question to you is should i suffer this and should others ?????????????????????????????????

The reason i have put this here is so everyone can see how I and praps many others who would like to join in feel.

So all you piss takers feel free to rip me.

This forum is for LEICESTER CITY fans - not Forest or Coventry ones. Standards should apply - including for spelling, grammar and punctuation.

Apart from the fact that literacy is a core skill these days, I actually find your attitude incredibly disrespectful.

Just because you can't be bothered to type proper sentences doesn't mean others should be encouraged to copy you or your little coterie of fanboys.

Your ignorance - and apparent pride in it - is as bad as the bigotry that many quite rightly condemn when witnessed on forums and other grounds.

I suggest you stay away from the boards until you've learnt not only how to type properly, but to put words together into something that might actually resemble a reasonable argument..

But thats what most people get stuck with, who have problems! only this past year or so, ive just managed to grip what all the different meanings are, in the past year or so. Thats just one of the things I had difficulty with!

Fair play. I'm horrible when it comes to empathy anyway, I can't really imagine what it would be like to struggle with spelling and shiz so I'll stay out of it :P

Sorry, please take that the right way, I was just mocking those nit-pickers you're on about! ;-)

Is no probs at all. but when picking a. should be there and not .

Is so fvcking petty and pathetic.

We as fans of a great club and a club that looks to be going places should be proud.

But after some of what i see on here I am not we are not better than any club cos we now have money or can spell.

But we could be by winning games and rising above petty crap that LCFC fans dish out.

On another post i've been called a fuccking idiot for having a point of view. And the guy say's he hopes he goes for a job interview with me cos he will get the job.

Am 45 and only been out of work for 4 weeks since i was 16 and been made redundat twice.

90% on here are great the others some times make me wonder why i am here.

This forum is for LEICESTER CITY fans - not Forest or Coventry ones. Standards should apply - including for spelling, grammar and punctuation.

Apart from the fact that literacy is a core skill these days, I actually find your attitude incredibly disrespectful.

Just because you can't be bothered to type proper sentences doesn't mean others should be encouraged to copy you or your little coterie of fanboys.

Your ignorance - and apparent pride in it - is as bad as the bigotry that many quite rightly condemn when witnessed on forums and other grounds.

I suggest you stay away from the boards until you've learnt not only how to type properly, but to put words together into something that might actually resemble a reasonable argument..

Load of bollox....

I really can't believe there is an entire thread that has grown from an innocent comment. I've not got no beef with misspelling or bad grammar, especially on a forum.

Not like something to get overblown out of proportions on FT.

Is it possible to get this thread to Maynard-dimensions?

Archived