Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sooper Steve's shin

Nicky Maynard

Decent player, potential big money signing, concrete links to Leicester - seems like just the kind of character a fans' forum should be discussing.

What on earth is the point of closing TWO of the most popular threads of the summer? Who cares if there hasn't been news for a couple of days? Does it matter if people are not producing pearls of wisdom or "inside information" with every posting? Just because one or two people with the power to lock a topic get "bored" of it, who are they to say people should not be discussing it on this board? The ultimate judge of whether a topic is interesting or not is when it slides down the list and people stop posting.

The forum should be a fun place for people to discuss what they want. There are far, far too many thread nazis on Foxestalk - so what if we have a thread about the same topic? Does it matter if something is in the "wrong" forum or you cannot immediately detail the source of your information? IMO, the control freakery is crazy - why even have separate Transfer Talk and Leicester City threads? Surely these things are one and the same.

I also fail to see any reason why people complain about having to trawl through pages and pages to find any news. If you want updates, go to a blog or official news site. A messageboard is all about threads of conversation and (just like in real life) these may waver and stray from the original topic. It doesn't matter!

Back on topic (if we have to), is Nicky Maynard the answer to our striking problems? Presumably he would be signed to play in the centre of our front three, although at 5'11 he's not exactly a Big Steve or Yakubu target man. And how do people think he compares to Shane Long (in terms of style of play etc)? I can't say I saw too much of either last season.

I agree in one part, I dont see the problem with having a thread open and discussing players, if the thread annoys you dont bother clicking it, however, it does get annoying seeing new posts in the thread and thinking there is some sort of news announced only its just random blabbering on about nothing. /sitting on the fence.

This is Foxes Talk, discussion isn't allowed unless there are some 'facts' (otherwise known as bullsh*t Tweets) to go by... :whistle:

Forums should allow topics to just die out... you shouldn't have to lock them, unless there is flaming etc.

Decent player, potential big money signing, concrete links to Leicester - seems like just the kind of character a fans' forum should be discussing.

You think there is something new that can be added that wasn't already touched upon in the previous 260 pages?

What on earth is the point of closing TWO of the most popular threads of the summer? Who cares if there hasn't been news for a couple of days? Does it matter if people are not producing pearls of wisdom or "inside information" with every posting? Just because one or two people with the power to lock a topic get "bored" of it, who are they to say people should not be discussing it on this board? The ultimate judge of whether a topic is interesting or not is when it slides down the list and people stop posting.

I agree

The forum should be a fun place for people to discuss what they want. There are far, far too many thread nazis on Foxestalk - so what if we have a thread about the same topic? Does it matter if something is in the "wrong" forum or you cannot immediately detail the source of your information? IMO, the control freakery is crazy - why even have separate Transfer Talk and Leicester City threads? Surely these things are one and the same.

This place is the most popular city forum for a reason, and the rules are there to protect it. Without them it would just be another mess like bentleys roof. Don't like the rules, then feel free to start your own forum. That is what Mark the owner of this site did when he had run ins with the talking balls mods

Back on topic (if we have to), is Nicky Maynard the answer to our striking problems? Presumably he would be signed to play in the centre of our front three, although at 5'11 he's not exactly a Big Steve or Yakubu target man. And how do people think he compares to Shane Long (in terms of style of play etc)? I can't say I saw too much of either last season.

Dunno, have a browse of the previous 260 pages of opinion.

You think there is something new that can be added that wasn't already touched upon in the previous 260 pages?

The point is people just want to discuss the situation, which there is no harm in, it's all kept in one thread so if you aren't fussed you don't have to look at it.

I couldn't care less tbh but I can understand that other people want to continue chatting about it.

The point is people just want to discuss the situation, which there is no harm in, it's all kept in one thread so if you aren't fussed you don't have to look at it.

I couldn't care less tbh but I can understand that other people want to continue chatting about it.

Which is why I didn't close it.

Maybe. The point of a discussion forum is to allow people to find out.

This place is the most popular city forum for a reason, and the rules are there to protect it. Without them it would just be another mess like bentleys roof. Don't like the rules, then feel free to start your own forum. That is what Mark the owner of this site did when he had run ins with the talking balls mods

100 pages posted after the original thread was locked suggests there are more people than me who don't like this particular rule.

Dunno, have a browse of the previous 260 pages of opinion.

260 pages is a lot of opinion - makes you think people want to talk about it.

im going to start a petition to get all the treads merged together to create the maynard mega thread. MODS!?

Sensible. 100 pages of conversation in the second thread and several responses on this one in the last few minutes suggest it's still a live topic - it made no sense to close the first one and even less to allow the second to continue for 100 pages without merging that.

260 pages isnt alot of pages of opinion. it was 260 pages of ridiculous drivel. If it was trimmed to actual opinions and worthwhile discussion, it would probably be only 30 pages long. I, for one, can see why they were closed. Now can we all just concentrate on making Shane Long's thread 261 pages? :whistle:

Just relax in the knowledge that the transfers section of the forum will be closed completely shortly after deadline day.

No we're gonna sign Maynard, Long, Hargreaves, Beckham or Kim Jong Ill related threads.

Down side is the ****** will move back to the main and general chat areas and numerous 'Sven out' debates will be appearing (I know I'm thinking of making one at 15:01 on Saturday) but hey ho, that's our forum for you and I for one enjoy it.

Power crazed Mods.

Webbo for Mod!

Edit.

I fail to understand the point of closing the thread/s there are dozens of threads that are stupid, or pointless or of no consequence, but isnt this a forum?, isnt it about discussion? Would the person who closed them care to explain his/her reasoning?

Maybe. The point of a discussion forum is to allow people to find out.

You could have found out your Maynard/Long question by posting it in the Long thread.

100 pages posted after the original thread was locked suggests there are more people than me who don't like this particular rule.

Errr you mentioned more than just the closing of one thread. Perhaps you could all club together your money and start a forum?

As an aside, have you made a donation to the running of this site at all? Because it doesn't run itself, people give up a lot of time and money to keep this place running, so it might be a good idea to actually send a polite PM to someone stating your views, rather than an attention seeking thread that will only serve to annoy those who are giving up time and money for the good of the site.

260 pages is a lot of opinion - makes you think people want to talk about it.

260 pages of nonsense and repeating the same stuff.

Power crazed Mods.

Webbo for Mod!

Edit.

I fail to understand the point of closing the thread/s there are dozens of threads that are stupid, or pointless or of no consequence, but isnt this a forum?, isnt it about discussion? Would the person who closed them care to explain his/her reasoning?

Woah, quieten down.

I made a topic about the moderation of topics like Maynard etc earlier in the year and everyone used it as a chance to suck up to the mods rather than consider my different point of view... :rolleyes::P

Archived