Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sooper Steve's shin

Nicky Maynard

Sven said that no one will come in this week.. Maybe lock transfer topics until Sunday / Monday ?

Suits me... then all the admin/mods should bugger off on holiday. :cool::whistle:

I appreciate that the providers of FT may well suffer some financial loss, but to be fair, no-one forces them to do it.

And nobody forces those who don't like how it's run to use it. The person who pays for this site decides how it is run, and that is his prerogative.

I think you'd be quite stunned at home much money Mark has spent on this place since he started it.

Kind of agree with the sentiment, that threads self manage by dropping down the page naturally

but I disagree because most of what went off in the Maynard thread was just bullshit

It's now made the Long thread unusable too

Yes some people may be extremely happy getting to type bullshit over 100 pages, but many many more people miss out. On almost every page there is a comment asking if anything has happened because people just can't keep up with the bullshit

IMO there should be 1 thread for transfer gossip which would probably run to 1,000 pages of inane Maynard/Long chat plus all the bullshit that surrounds it, keeping the actual player threads for actual relevant info and on topic chat surrounding that info

should I set up an attention seeking thread with those views? NO

Should I PM someone suggesting it? maybe but I cba and they're too overworked to go pandering to my specific needs

Should I wine and bitch about it whilst expensively leeching someone's server space & bandwidth I haven't contributed too, No, absolutely not

On this I agree. The Maynard and now the long thread are going up by 15-20 pages a day and unless your logged in constantly it's easy to miss something. 1 thread for gossip about a player that we've been linked with and another with hard facts for the same player would improve it drastically.

And nobody forces those who don't like how it's run to use it. The person who pays for this site decides how it is run, and that is his prerogative.

I think you'd be quite stunned at home much money Mark has spent on this place since he started it.

Yes indeed, the owner has every right to decide how its run, no question from me about that.

I probably wouldnt, that in no way means i dont recognise or appreciate his spending.

i love the fact we have a forum for transfers..keeps it neat and tidy. then when the transfer window is closed, the forum is as well. prevents people bumping shitty old threads. as for closing the maynard threads. i think we all need a break from that garbage.

The mods fought the users, and the users won :giggle:

On a level though, thanks to the mods for reopening it, even if it is mostly all bullshit, at least we can still discuss the transfer saga in there.

Keep up the good work mods, we appreciate the time and effort you guys put into this forum :thumbup:

I'd like to see moderators put in a room and made to fight.

No reason really, I just would.

I think Fi we could get the shortlist down to about sixty current posters and a further one hundred part-time/semi retired members.

All the others could just enrol on football workshops led by first4lcfc off twitter?

Sixty regular but literate posters?

Pretty sure that forum already exists...

tw_people-series-graphic-design-by-ilco-1038123_37466185.gifballs.jpg

:whistle:

I see what Mr. Chips is doing........

I can't comment because I've never been on there.

Reading it the standard of debate does seem higher and the semi-literates who are dragging this forum down are conspicuous by their absence, but it's a smaller forum and somewhat short on light entertainment compared to this one. There are a lot less threads that are a complete waste of time and it could be argued TB is the better for Leicester City chat. That said, for all its faults, I do prefer this forum generally speaking. Gen Chat tends to drag the level of intelligence up.

Sixty regular but literate posters?

Pretty sure that forum already exists...

tw_people-series-graphic-design-by-ilco-1038123_37466185.gifballs.jpg

:whistle:

What?

www.blanketyblankbollocks.com? That doesn't work for me.

I need to know where the pedantic yet intelligent & humorous people hang out and I need to know it NOW!

Excuse my ignorance on site matters but do long threads take up valuable space or put up the price of running the site ? If so i can understand the need for keeping it trimmed on a regular basis , if not then i don't understand what harm it does to leave it alone . After all if you don't want to read it don't click on it there's plenty else to amuse us on here . I think it's a bloody good site ---to good to bicker about .

What?

www.blanketyblankbollocks.com? That doesn't work for me.

I need to know where the pedantic yet intelligent & humorous people hang out and I need to know it NOW!

:D

Pedantic I can definitely do, humorous on occasion but intelligence is seldom something I can be bothered with on anything online.

Just relax in the knowledge that the transfers section of the forum will be closed completely shortly after deadline day.

No we're gonna sign Maynard, Long, Hargreaves, Beckham or Kim Jong Ill related threads.

Down side is the ****** will move back to the main and general chat areas and numerous 'Sven out' debates will be appearing (I know I'm thinking of making one at 15:01 on Saturday) but hey ho, that's our forum for you and I for one enjoy it.

I didn't know he was available!! Do it Sven!!! :w00t:

Archived