Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FoxesAreBlue

Formula 1 thread 2012

Hamilton didn't look happy.

He knows he should have done better, even won the race. When you get pole you expect to not be finishing the race third while your team mate looked so comfortable throughout.

Certainly the fast degrading tyres seem to suit button and now he has the car this season it's going to be difficult for anyone to beat him.

Certainly wasn't expecting Button to easily beat Hamilton. This season should be close between Maclaren and Red Bull.

Good races for Button, Vettel, Alonso, Raikkonen and Perez. So unlucky for Maldonado.

Hamilton didn't look happy.

In fact, yes he looked like a miserable spoilt child.

Now I hear all the "He's a racer" argument and he shouldn't look happy when he starts in pole and finishes third but I think he should look like a professional, like a team player and not a spoilt little boy.

Vettel and Button were the only men out there today with any class off the track... and possibly on it too.

I'm finding Lewis Hamilton really hard to like right now - never mind support.......

He needs a new publicity manager and an new image consultant and he needs to find a way of relaxing and getting rid of the angst, pressure and victim status that so easily pours from him when the lap times don't go his way.

Humility Lewis?

Not sure if it's because it's the first race of the season, but it was nice to see the competition has evened out at the top. Hoping to see more of the same from Button.

Got to feel for Maldonaldo. Fantastic race, was willing him to take Alonso at the end but unfortunately it didn't end well. Positive signs from Williams.

He's been awful quiet :P

;D

I don't completely hate watching Button win, definitely prefer him so much more over Hamilton. It's actually quite brilliant to watch Button outperform his team-mate again and again and again and again. And even better to watch Hamilton sulking again lol

Fifth place for Alonso was a brilliant result considering the obvious lack of pace. It's so crucial to rack up as many points as possible so that when Ferrari are competitive again, there's not a 100+ gap to the championship leader.

From another forum:

Right, time to attempt a potentially invalid comparison, let's see how far we get!

Australian Grand Prix - Ratings Roundup

Qualifying - 2.08 million (0.38m + 1.70m)

Race - 4.56 million (0.81m + 3.75m)

Qualifying - 3.33 million (0.80m + 2.53m)

Race - 4.98 million (2.13m + 2.85m)

Qualifying - 2.74 million (0.81m + 1.93m)

Race - 4.51 million (1.95m + 2.56m)

Qualifying - 3.04 million (1.08m + 1.96m)

Race - 4.15m (2.13m + 2.02m)

Qualifying

Sky Live - ???

BBC Highlights - 1.48m (13.4%) inc HD

* peak: 1.71m at 13:45

- combined lowest Australian Grand Prix Qualifying highlights figure since 2004

Total = ??? million

Race

Sky Live - 617k [weighted average based on the below between 05:00 to 08:00, comparable with above figures as 60 minutes pre-show; 30 minutes post-show]

* entire programme average - 526k (16.68%)

* 04:30 to 06:00 - 267k (25.39%)

* 06:00 to 07:40 - 874k (30.91%)

* 07:40 to 09:00 - 384k

* one of the above percentages is wrong, but not sure which - there's no way the average can be 16.68%

* peak: 1.02m (22.15%) at 07:35

BBC Highlights - 2.73m (22.9%)

* peak: 3.28m (26.15%) at 15:20

Total = 3.35 million

* combined peak: 4.30m

- lowest Australian Grand Prix figure since 2004 and possibly the second lowest since 1995

Note: Sky Sports F1 figures for Qualifying have not been reported.

Sky and Jake can spin it all they want, but in reality, the figures are abysmal.

Not great.

Those figures presumably can't take into account all the people illegally streaming the sky (and BBC if they're in another country) coverage - a figure I can only speculate to have increased as years have gone by.

Also: 2011 did worse for the actual race unless I'm reading it wrong.

Those figures presumably can't take into account all the people illegally streaming the sky (and BBC if they're in another country) coverage - a figure I can only speculate to have increased as years have gone by.

Also: 2011 did worse for the actual race unless I'm reading it wrong.

2011: 4.15m

2012: 3.35m

Not a massive F1 fan, but as I live in Woking and drive past McClaren on my way to work every day, I do like to see them do well. Add in two British drivers and the old turning the McClaren sign red when they win a race, and I find myself inexplicably sucked in.

Is there anywhere except Skyshite you can watch this live??

I'm watching the non-BBC events on RTL (German channel on satellite).

I can't believe how good Lotus are. As long as Lotus can keep up with McLaren, Red Bull and Mercedes development-wise, then they're serious contenders for the title.

lol

Can't believe Smedley and Sky both describing Massa's lap as a 'good effort'. 12th place? What the fvck is that? lol

A lot of rumours going round that Massa's gonna be replaced by Perez. Can't see them sacking him during the season, it's a certainty that Perez will get the drive next season

A lot of rumours going round that Massa's gonna be replaced by Perez. Can't see them sacking him during the season, it's a certainty that Perez will get the drive next season

Yeah, he could possibly drive for Ferrari in the Mugello test next month.

Archived