Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
boring_jester

The Walking Dead

The last 3 episodes are the only reason im going to watch season 3. Season 1 was amazing but 2 didn't have the same feel. I heard somewhere that the writer for season 2 got sacked or something, not sure if true. But the thing with shane just kept going on and on and on. Glad its all delt with now. And WTF was that thing near the end with the two zombies on chains!

I read something about Darabont his film style of shooting not fitting with TV production (either budgets/timescales or the like) and him binning a load of writers before walking away from it.

Yeah that thing at the end along with the final shot revealing what's close to their current location looks intriguing!

WTF was that thing near the end with the two zombies on chains!

Yeah that thing at the end along with the final shot revealing what's close to their current location looks intriguing!

That would be the character Michonne and if it goes by the comics them zombies will be what were her boyfriend and best friend... The current location will be a prison ;)

-----------------------------------------

As for the overall series? amazing TV, i personally loved every episode.. It may have started slow for some people but i liked that myself, the character development was very good in this series 10 times better than the first series... A few twists and turns (didn't think Dale would croak it or Sophia to be honest, knew Shane would though)

Looking very much forward to series 3, will be interesting to see what happens with the Michonne character and how they work her to be realistic in the series, worked in the comic bit skeptical how it's gonna work in the show.. David Morrissey has been cast in the next series aswell, so that will be two Brits in the show!

• 7 months later...

Anybody been watching Season 3?

Started last week with a real cracker of an episode.

Just watching episode 2, get the feeling the prison setting should make for an interesting backdrop to this season

Anybody been watching Season 3?

Started last week with a real cracker of an episode.

Just watching episode 2, get the feeling the prison setting should make for an interesting backdrop to this season

Yeah I have, brilliant series... They get aired every Sunday so should be available to watch on Monday! So hooked on it!

Watched first 2/3 episodes online of new series . Love it.

When rick blanks that blank with a ponytail with a huge blank to the top if his blank, after he opened the blank and chucked a blank at him!

How's that for spoiler alert!

lol

Fortunately that's just cryptic enough for those who ain't seen it

Watched first 2/3 episodes online of new series . Love it.

When rick blanks that blank with a ponytail with a huge blank to the top if his blank, after he opened the blank and chucked a blank at him!

How's that for spoiler alert!

You got a link for where you saw it, all the sites I used to use have been taken down.

Caught up with episode 1&2 still not sure what this fear is of every other person, it just doesn't sit right with me, they are a small group getting smaller, I appreciate there are some unsavoury characters out there, but surely you would be happy to recruit some extra men or women that are quite handy with a bat or gun.

Caught up with episode 1&2 still not sure what this fear is of every other person, it just doesn't sit right with me, they are a small group getting smaller, I appreciate there are some unsavoury characters out there, but surely you would be happy to recruit some extra men or women that are quite handy with a bat or gun.

POTENTIAL SPOILERS BELOW!

It's all about greed and desperation . If food/supplies were limited or the journey to get these was full of danger then you wouldn't want to share what you have more than you already do. They'd already lost so many people and even big people in the group like Shane weren't to be trusted as proved.

There are so many factors why you would be so afraid of anybody or anything other than what you know. The particular episode you are on about they are convicts and convicts who have not yet realised the full extent as to what has happened , it hasn't hit them yet and they haven't had to resort to things no person should do or see. They've come so far and done so much and lost even more than that.

There is no trust or rules left on the world. So if you both have weapons, no matter how good your intentions are, both of you will be twitching at the trigger at any point. For example, that convict with the gun. He knew rick was running the show, throwing that walker at him and nearly slashing him proves he was unstable. He would've done well as he took out tiny with no hesitation but he, like Shane, can't take a back seat and wanted to remain in charge of everything.

Rick took him out before he or anybody else he loved was harmed. You've got to appreciate what your mind must do in that situation, all rules and your ability to rationalise go out the window and your supposed to rely on other people...?

They are searching for stability and even in the case of the governor and his massacre of the army post, it makes you realise you can only rely on yourself. Too many people are idiotic and naive when it comes to the problems they face. They panic and are too slow so cutting out the problem , by the head in some cases, and being ruthless and selfish in a way is best.

I think the way the third season started was a brilliant metaphor for how much things have changed. They'd been going house to house, no noise etc they'd almost become professional at the job of surviving in those conditions and when Carl is opening the dog food and they are all staring at him, it just shows the desperation and fear they all have because so much can go wrong so very quick. So glad I got into watching this a while back. Real gripping stuff at times and makes you think deeper past the obvious gore and story.

Edited by morris1234

POTENTIAL SPOILERS BELOW!

It's all about greed and desperation . If food/supplies were limited or the journey to get these was full of danger then you wouldn't want to share what you have more than you already do. They'd already lost so many people and even big people in the group like Shane weren't to be trusted as proved.

There are so many factors why you would be so afraid of anybody or anything other than what you know. The particular episode you are on about they are convicts and convicts who have not yet realised the full extent as to what has happened , it hasn't hit them yet and they haven't had to resort to things no person should do or see. They've come so far and done so much and lost even more than that.

There is no trust or rules left on the world. So if you both have weapons, no matter how good your intentions are, both of you will be twitching at the trigger at any point. For example, that convict with the gun. He knew rick was running the show, throwing that walker at him and nearly slashing him proves he was unstable. He would've done well as he took out tiny with no hesitation but he, like Shane, can't take a back seat and wanted to remain in charge of everything.

Rick took him out before he or anybody else he loved was harmed. You've got to appreciate what your mind must do in that situation, all rules and your ability to rationalise go out the window and your supposed to rely on other people...?

They are searching for stability and even in the case of the governor and his massacre of the army post, it makes you realise you can only rely on yourself. Too many people are idiotic and naive when it comes to the problems they face. They panic and are too slow so cutting out the problem , by the head in some cases, and being ruthless and selfish in a way is best.

I think the way the third season started was a brilliant metaphor for how much things have changed. They'd been going house to house, no noise etc they'd almost become professional at the job of surviving in those conditions and when Carl is opening the dog food and they are all staring at him, it just shows the desperation and fear they all have because so much can go wrong so very quick. So glad I got into watching this a while back. Real gripping stuff at times and makes you think deeper past the obvious gore and story.

But it was the same in season 2, when they met those guys in the village, and were immediately very hostile, I would have thought that you would be able to survive better as a bigger group with more younger stronger males and females than with a smaller group half of which are pretty useless.

To be honest the survival of the human race would be paramount, rather than killing other survivors off to protect yourself.

I just think I would be grateful to see other human beings surviving, I understand the reticence to allow convicts to join a tight nit group, but I don't understand the instant hostility.

Still I love the series and episode 3 looks a cracker, will watch it tonight.

But it was the same in season 2, when they met those guys in the village, and were immediately very hostile, I would have thought that you would be able to survive better as a bigger group with more younger stronger males and females than with a smaller group half of which are pretty useless.

To be honest the survival of the human race would be paramount, rather than killing other survivors off to protect yourself.

I just think I would be grateful to see other human beings surviving, I understand the reticence to allow convicts to join a tight nit group, but I don't understand the instant hostility.

Still I love the series and episode 3 looks a cracker, will watch it tonight.

Oh I do see what your saying mate and I agree with you. I'd want to build a bigger group before looking to hole up, more hands make light work and all that.

But it's split second choices. They've been let down so many times and those who have seemed nice and have turned. If you remember in season 2 with that group in the bar. They were actually quite normal, but when they didn't disclose the location of the farm and food availability, they changed. They became very to the point and it all seemed to cave in, and yet again rick acted first. Very much eat or be eaten to pardon the pun.

You've got to understand as much you want the biggest and strongest to walk beside you, They are going to want the best and the very best for themselves and their own loved ones and friends and they will do what they have to. There wouldve been plenty of people left doing exactly as rick and the group did. If that means being your friend up until your resources are no longer needed then that's what it takes.

I Genuinly do think that everybody would seek to get the biggest group and weapons cache possible But for me there's been moments in each season where you would realise that trust in this environment is non existent. So are you going to take the chance and let somebody else in that's potentially going to ruin a group that have genuine intentions to stick together and care for eachother? Or are you going to take them out, eliminating the threat of which there are enough already?

Hypothetically, if it were me. Id keep the group small. Fast moving and quiet.

Just caught up on episode 3. The Governor is an incredibly creepy character. Great closing shot for the episode too. You can sense the unease about the town with the Governor in control and the obvious sense of fear of him. Michonne is right on the money to be wary.

Overall this season has gripped me more so far than alot of Season 2 did

Just caught up on episode 3. The Governor is an incredibly creepy character. Great closing shot for the episode too. You can sense the unease about the town with the Governor in control and the obvious sense of fear of him. Michonne is right on the money to be wary.

Overall this season has gripped me more so far than alot of Season 2 did

***spoiler***

Was that Shanes head in the top case that the camera focused on?