Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Captain...

Deleted Threads

Can I ask what causes a thread to be deleted?

I have seen a few threads get deleted in recent weeks, and I have no idea why, the most recent was the Leicester City Ultra's (sic) thread, which was deleted in the last 30 minutes.

I have no idea why. Would it be possible to just close the thread with a reason, otherwise how are we to know why it was closed and if it broke FT terms and conditions then we will know for the future.

As it is it has just vanished.

It was deleted at the request of the OP.

Fair enough, it is just confusing when you are in the middle of writing a response and then it disappears, there were some good points made in that thread, and it was still being actively discussed, shame it was deleted.

Thanks for replying so quickly DavieG

Sorry to sound thick but who is the OP?

And if they have deleted this thread on what grounds?

I put a lot of thought and effort into adding my reply to this today. The atmosphere at the ground, rather than Ultras, has always concerned me. I hoped my reply would add & perhaps educate to the debate.

I am bloody furious it has been deleted.

Whoever, the OP please would you care to say why this thread has been deleted. This isn`t big brother you know.

I put a lot of thought and effort into adding my reply to this today. The atmosphere at the ground, rather than Ultras, has always concerned me. I hoped my reply would add & perhaps educate to the debate.

Whoever, the OP please would you care to say why this thread has been deleted. This isn`t big brother you know.

The Opening Post(er), so the person who created the thread then asked for it to be deleted.

Still not sure you should delete an entire thread because the first person to post changes their mind on something or has a change of heart (not that I can remember at all what they said!).

The OP is the opening poster and he has personal reasons for it to be deleted which i'm not at liberty to divulge. i'm trying to find a way to resurrect it, please be assured that threads are not deleted lightly there's usually a valid reason and it's not done to be awkward or vindictive, well not most of the time :P

I'd also like to know why one of my threads was deleted i.e. about the moaning man after the Cardiff game (it was titled '

FAO: Man In C2, Row Y, Seat 304'

. I PM'd Babylon, told him what thread it was and asked why it got deleted. No reply thereafter...

I wouldn't mind it being deleted if there was a reason for it, but one minute it was there, the next it was gone!

I did think of your essay when it was deleted, glad to see it back.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived