Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stix

The World Football Thread

2 hours ago, Beliall said:

WOW and we thought our refs were bad

45 minutes ago, purpleronnie said:

The ref should have booked himself.

My reaction was similar until I played it again full screen on my work monitor and watched the replays at the end.

The Vardy style reaction was over the top but I'd have sent him off as well.

He treads on the ankle of the guy on the break and takes him out. Genuine booking, don't know why he's arguing.

He then squares up to the ref and goes chest to chest to get in his face. I'd personally send him off directly for that but even if you give him a second yellow he can have no complaints.

Only thing the ref does that's weird is his reaction.

Interesting news from Germany

Frankfurt want to provide 9k additional stand standing places in their stadium. 

Koln want to expand their stadium by another 25k

Hertha want move out of the Olympic Stadium and build a purpose built 50k stadium next door. 

On 27/03/2017 at 19:33, MC Prussian said:

The Swedish Football Association has now set the date for their 2017 cup final between Norrköping and Östersund (some 600km apart).

Thursday afternoon, 4pm. lol

That's not the full story. It's the Thursday before Good Friday where it's a traditional event day in Sweden.

32 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

That's not the full story. It's the Thursday before Good Friday where it's a traditional event day in Sweden.

Good Friday is a holiday in Sweden, the day before isn't. Big ask for all the Norrköping fans to make that trek on a working day, possibly having to take off on Wednesday already.

EDIT: As of right now, all official travel arrangements have been cancelled due to a Norrköping IF supporters' boycott.

Edited by MC Prussian

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

and we complain about the snow affecting football here lollol

How do you even take a corner on that snow/ice.  What im more impresed with is how that grass is so green and unscathed from shovelling. Those groundsmen should be handsomely rewarded....unless its turf grass

FC Barcelona B beat Eldense by a whopping 12-0 last weekend, relegating the visitors to the fourth tier in Spanish football:

Now, Eldense's president and a couple of Eldense players claim the match has been fixed, initiated by the current/previous owners, an Italian investment fonds:

A handful of senior Eldense players were left out of the starting XI, stirring the fire that the head coach himself is part of the match-fixing scandal.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/eldense-boss-filippo-di-pierro-10154542

Since taking over the club, the owners have overseen the ins and outs of 52 different players, seven head coaches and three presidents! lol

• 2 weeks later...

Flashback: Memphis Depay got caught in a bit of a Twitter backlash following his match preview for Lorient - Lyon:

To which Lorient replied:

"Be aware of fishbones". :appl:

The Guingamp and Bordeaux Social Media team also took the mick out of Lyon because of both visiting teams having won at the Parc Olympique this season.