Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
acooling08

Scottish Independence Poll

Do you want Scotland to leave the UK?  

313 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want Scotland to leave the UK?

• Yes - I want Scotland to leave the UK.
    • No - I want Scotland to stay in the UK.
    • I don't know.
    • I don't care.

. Thick cvnts. Wish they'd **** off to be honest. It's embarrassing having them riding on our coat tails.

OK, I'll bite...

Not as embarrassing as having you judge all 5 million of them to be "Thick cvnts" on the basis of Alec "El Presidente" Salmond's ill judged posturing that will never come to pass.

Nor as embarrassing as your apparent misunderstanding of how the Union works.

The opinion polls are steady at around 30% in favour of independence. It aint gonna happen.

One of the reasons it aint gonna happen is because Scots in the "Better Together" campaign (people you also apparently deem "Thick cvnts", by the way) have long ago pointed out the flaws in the SNPs arguments on every one of he currency options, pointing out that the status quo is better than any putative alternative.

But just you go on making sweeping generalisations and callling an entire country Thick Cvnts - that's real brave, perceptive internetting.

OK, I'll bite...

Not as embarrassing as having you judge all 5 million of them to be "Thick cvnts" on the basis of Alec "El Presidente" Salmond's ill judged posturing that will never come to pass.

Nor as embarrassing as your apparent misunderstanding of how the Union works.

The opinion polls are steady at around 30% in favour of independence. It aint gonna happen.

One of the reasons it aint gonna happen is because Scots in the "Better Together" campaign (people you also apparently deem "Thick cvnts", by the way) have long ago pointed out the flaws in the SNPs arguments on every one of he currency options, pointing out that the status quo is better than any putative alternative.

But just you go on making sweeping generalisations and callling an entire country Thick Cvnts - that's real brave, perceptive internetting.

Are you gonna batter your tears too you ginger mop haired cvnt

I think Moose is just having a boring day, i don't think you are meant to take his obviously xenophobic statement seriously. Also i somewhat doubt he's been celebrating St Georges by reenacting scenes from euro 2000 in leicester city centre...

Are you gonna batter your tears too you ginger mop haired cvnt

Oh dear sweetheart, wrong again. I'm ENGLISH (and my hair, when it isn't its usual grade 1, is "brunette", since you got that wrong too. On two counts).

I just live live here (married one).

I'm pro Union. Very pro Union.

Your rantings were bang out of order. You were wrong. I'm sure you won't concede that, you'll just insult all 5 million Scots because you can't craft an argument.

Of course, if you want to come up and tell the Scots they're all "thick cvnts" I'm sure they'd give you a very warm welcome. I'd try a flat roofed pub in, say, Easterhouse, on a Saturday night.

:)

"Brunette"? WTF JOHN. What are you going to be next week, a coquettish blonde? A little bit of the old thigh flash and away we go sailor? That's your bag is it, monkey boy? It doesn't take much to figure out why you like the Scots. They've probably never seen anything so feminine. I bet you get all the attention in those rough old flat roof pubs you mention, don't you princess?

"Brunette"? WTF JOHN. What are you going to be next week, a coquettish blonde? A little bit of the old thigh flash and away we go sailor? That's your bag is it, monkey boy? It doesn't take much to figure out why you like the Scots. They've probably never seen anything so feminine. I bet you get all the attention in those rough old flat roof pubs you mention, don't you princess?

It's almost tragic sometimes how much you want to be Daggers.

It's almost tragic sometimes how much you want to be Daggers.

Oh good lord. Here he is, weighing in with the old detached dismissal routine. Bringing daggerinho into it, no less, the sideline cheapshot king pin. A mentor of yours, was he not? Is your favourite stone granite too?

Who's John?

Magnificent arguing of your point.

:rolleyes:

Did you notice the quote marks round "brunette"... Nah, too busy engaged in nationalistic boorishness and then homophobia, by the looks of it.

I'm happily married, to a Scottish lady, but I have no problems with whatever other people want to do or be.

You, on the other hand, appear to have a big problem with gays, because as soon as you can't argue a point on this Forum you call someone gay. You also, from what I can see, tend to go a bit "keyboard warrior". I doubt you would be that offensive to me (or anyone else you offend in here) face to face. Unless you walk around with a very flat nose.

I also very much doubt that you would have the cojones to come up to Glasgow and tell the Scots to their faces that they are all, in your briliantly perceptive and well-informed judgement, "thick cvnts".

Now Mr Moosebreath, either expand eloquently upon your point that all Scots are "thick cvnts" or (and I would rather you didn't) admit you can't craft an argument by slinging yet more homphobic self-psychoanalysis and homoerotic wish-projections at the forum.

Which is it gonna be?

Who's John?

Magnificent arguing of your point.

:rolleyes:

Did you notice the quote marks round "brunette"... Nah, too busy engaged in nationalistic boorishness and then homophobia, by the looks of it.

I'm happily married, to a Scottish lady, but I have no problems with whatever other people want to do or be.

You, on the other hand, appear to have a big problem with gays, because as soon as you can't argue a point on this Forum you call someone gay. You also, from what I can see, tend to go a bit "keyboard warrior". I doubt you would be that offensive to me (or anyone else you offend in here) face to face. Unless you walk around with a very flat nose.

I also very much doubt that you would have the cojones to come up to Glasgow and tell the Scots to their faces that they are all, in your briliantly perceptive and well-informed judgement, "thick cvnts".

Now Mr Moosebreath, either expand eloquently upon your point that all Scots are "thick cvnts" or (and I would rather you didn't) admit you can't craft an argument by slinging yet more homphobic self-psychoanalysis and homoerotic wish-projections at the forum.

Which is it gonna be?

It has been a while since that one has been brought to the table, Colin.

Yes Jeff. But it's always nice to see it make an appearance. And what a build up. A slick move, starting from the back with a quick nod towards the wife factor...

Very convincing.

...yes Jeff. Convincing indeed, and then after a few neat side steps he's gone for it, the big one...

Pretty special stuff here, Colin.

Special indeed Jeff. A lovely smooth transition into the "keyboard warrier" preface, I particularly like the defensive use of the quotation marks...

It's almost like he knows what's coming.

He knows what's coming, Jeff. He's been here before. But that doesn't stop him. He opens himself up, holds his breath and bang, he unleashes the 'prospect of real life violence' play. Like a real life punch to the real life throat, the victims defences are shattered, suddenly blinded by the previously unrecognised reality in which he finds himself.

Stunning.

You know it, Jeff. We don't see the prospect of real life violence played very often here on foxestalk, but when we do it's always special.

It has been a while since that one has been brought to the table, Colin.

Yes Jeff. But it's always nice to see it make an appearance. And what a build up. A slick move, starting from the back with a quick nod towards the wife factor...

Very convincing.

...yes Jeff. Convincing indeed, and then after a few neat side steps he's gone for it, the big one...

Pretty special stuff here, Colin.

Special indeed Jeff. A lovely smooth transition into the "keyboard warrier" preface, I particularly like the defensive use of the quotation marks...

It's almost like he knows what's coming.

He knows what's coming, Jeff. He's been here before. But that doesn't stop him. He opens himself up, holds his breath and bang, he unleashes the 'prospect of real life violence' play. Like a real life punch to the real life throat, the victims defences are shattered, suddenly blinded by the previously unrecognised reality in which he finds himself.

Stunning.

You know it, Jeff. We don't see the prospect of real life violence played very often here on foxestalk, but when we do it's always special.

Do you get as bored writing that shit as the rest of us do having to read it?

I would absolutely love it if they voted for independance . We have been bled dry since the union began and nothing any good to the English has come out of it. They are like the welsh big chip on their shoulders and waxing lyrical about " Bonney Scotland " and the Taffs about the Vally's " all while living here.

All of them secretly wishing they had been born English. Yep give them both independance then set about shipping out every man jack of them to their " new " homes. can't wate. :thumbup:

Hush now William it will soon be shrove Tuesday and time to put on your happy face . :thumbup:

Not soon enough Granville, I need a new face soon though I've been wearing this one for a few months now and it is starting to smell.

• 7 months later...

Thought I'd revive this as the white paper was released this week and the SNP have taken a bit of a battering over it. Question Time tonight was from Falkirk, if the Scottish politicians on that are a reflection of them in general they will be like Somalia ten years after independence.

Favourite quote of the night was from Eddi Reader who when asked what happens if independence went wrong replied with a brilliant 'well we'll just try and join back'. Showing again why these people with no interest in politics shouldn't be allowed on.

Interesting points from the documentation include joining the EU but keeping the pound which is a guarantee no one can quite work out how Alex Salmond can give. Still no answer on what % of UK debt they would take on either so how we are supposed to judge what wealth Scotland has I don't know.

The independence yes vote looks pretty dead in the water anyway, 45-48% no is standard in polls with 20%+ undecided, No to Independence as short as 1/9 with bookmakers now and getting shorter.

The most striking thing about the White Paper is the attempt to reassure the Sckttish electorate that 'British' institutions such as the BBC, the £ etc will not be entirely lost. Given that we already have devolution, a lot of us up here are bound to think 'what's the point?'

The mistaken assumption that an independent Scotland would get entirely its own way in negotiations with the rest of the UK (on the £), the EU (on membership) and NATO (on Scotland's anti nuclear stance) is a glaring error which 'Yes Scotland' can't explain away, and which they try to say 'will all work out', as if these were minor details. I think it is a fatal error in their proposal.

I have also been struck by the promises from 'Yes' that taxes would fall and State spending would rise in an independent Scotland. Those of us who pay tax are suspicious of such golden promises and fear being clobbered in the unlikely event 'Yes' wins. It seems that those most in favour of independence are those who wouldn't have to pay for it.

'No' retains a commanding poll lead and I can't see the White Paper changing any of that.

Salmond makes me laugh, really, I'm not sure how he has any credibility left as a politician. He must be longing to return to life as a fringe figure able to make wild promises with no real worry of having to back them up!

The EU tell them they have to reapply and all new states must adopt the Euro. Salmond's answer? Oh, that won't apply to us, don't worry!

NATO tell them they must be nuclear capable to stay a member, Salmond wants them to ditch the missiles and still stay in. His answer? Oh, that won't apply to us, don't worry!

How the hell does that work? lol !

There's no actual answers anywhere, he's doing more floundering than the Lib Dems.

I hope they don't go! For as much as Salmond is a mentalist - Up there in Scotland they do so many things right and the rest of the UK should be looking at best practice. Their government are not scared to do things different - They have a better NHS system and a better student funding system (and im not even talking about the tuition fee's charged). Not only that but they work!

It may cost a little bit to get some of these policies and procedures in place but its worth it in the long run! The rest of the UK only considers saving money NOW. Never mind the old speculate to accumulate!

Pay £100million now and you could save at least £10 million a year Mr Cameron, what do you think? - "Not worth it! We won't be in power by the time a profit is made!"

I hope they don't go! For as much as Salmond is a mentalist - Up there in Scotland they do so many things right and the rest of the UK should be looking at best practice. Their government are not scared to do things different - They have a better NHS system and a better student funding system (and im not even talking about the tuition fee's charged). Not only that but they work!

It may cost a little bit to get some of these policies and procedures in place but its worth it in the long run! The rest of the UK only considers saving money NOW. Never mind the old speculate to accumulate!

Pay £100million now and you could save at least £10 million a year Mr Cameron, what do you think? - "Not worth it! We won't be in power by the time a profit is made!"

It's easier to do those things when you're getting more money per head than we do in England.

Do have seen the UK deficit yeah? Pay 100million now into what?

Let's see how they get on when they have to pay for it all themselves.

As Vac says, It seems that those most in favour of independence are those who wouldn't have to pay for it.

a better NHS, 'free' university and ice cream and blo jobs for all would all be completely fine if they where payed for through taxation. unfortunatley very little of that is covered through taxation which is why our pay packets are worth less less as the years go on and the national debt climbs under blue or red banner.

i could live like J.D Rockerfeller if I had a printing press in my home and just payed off my debts with more debt. 

Archived