Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FoxyJulez

17year old Buying An Under 8 Ticket

I am Studying my A levels only work part time and cannot afford to go to every lcfc game but for an under 18 ticket to be priced at £22 i find extremely high for someone my age.

As we have the new ticket system (barcode swipe) implemented, what is to stop me buying an under 8 ticket and scanning it in when i arrive?

As I understand it the system has different light indicators (red for adult, red/orange for concessions) depending on whether it's a concession or not for the ST cards, I presume this will also be the case for the bar-coded tickets. It doesn't explain whether the system can tell the difference between different concessions but even if it doesn't there's still officials around in case there's problems so I'd imagine they can spot the difference between a 22 and an 8 yr old whether they'll be bothered is another question.

I am Studying my A levels only work part time and cannot afford to go to every lcfc game but for an under 18 ticket to be priced at £22 i find extremely high for someone my age.

As we have the new ticket system (barcode swipe) implemented, what is to stop me buying an under 8 ticket and scanning it in when i arrive?

Under 18s can pay £10 in the Family Stand for gold fixtures. You cant afford that?

People seem to be moaning about prices, all because they want to sit in the more expensive part!

This is called fraud.

I would love to drive a sports car but can not afford it. In the time being I drive my van and will work hard to get a sports car one day.

Life is tough my friend you made a choice to do A-Levels and to become a student and not to have a full time job. Your tyring to con the system.

Imagine if a young 7 year old like my son missed out on a ticket because of people like you

Your very selfish I hope you don't go through with it.

This is called fraud.

I would love to drive a sports car but can not afford it. In the time being I drive my van and will work hard to get a sports car one day.

Life is tough my friend you made a choice to do A-Levels and to become a student and not to have a full time job. Your tyring to con the system.

Imagine if a young 7 year old like my son missed out on a ticket because of people like you

Your very selfish I hope you don't go through with it.

This, you want to do something about it write to the club, explain how you think it is unfair, you are 17, you work part-time, and this is too much for a student to pay. If enough people do that then they might consider changing their policy.

Or be a chavvy little cvnt, try and cheat the club, get caught, get fined, get banned, may work out cheaper in the long run.

Life is tough. Work an extra 4 hours a week and get the money you need to pay for your ticket that way. If you can't afford it, don't come.

I work hard to be able to afford my season ticket, but when I couldn't afford it I came to less games. Quite simple really.

They'll no doubt still have turnstile operators and people checking tickets when you arrive, so you'll do very well to get through.

Attach a set of crocodile clips to your scrotum, get your face painted before the game and find a slightly creepy older man to hold your hand as you go through the turnstile.

Or man up and accept that there are certain things in life you can't afford.

Up to you.

That's what Radio Leicester coverage is for. Match coverage for free, for every game, for everyone. You have no argument.

Alternatively, why not get a part time job as a match steward? Then you will be paid to be at the game... two birds, one stone.

By all means, get the under-8's tickets. Chances are you'll be caught and it will have ended up costing you a lot more. As others have pointed out - if you can't afford it, don't go. If you want to go, work more. It's totally fair - you are of working age, and as a total stab in the dark, don't have rent/bills/mortgage/council tax to worry about?

If you go at busy times you may get away with it, having worked on the turnstiles occasionally (not under the new machine system) I found that it is impossible to check every ticket. They are more interested in whether it is the correct stand than the age on it.

Saying that though you would know an under 8 ticket from an adult one without needing to look to hard. Pretty sure there will be stewards checking tickets prior to reaching the machines to be honest, especially in certain areas.

Buying an under 22 ticket as an adult is one thing but you won't get away with buying a under 8.

Archived