Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
longy

Vinyl

• 1 month later...

Having a bit of an LP clear out, I do this ever so often. (sorry buyer already sorted).

That's the problem with LP's, there are countless great singles but not many truly great albums.

So I have to lower my standards are lower when buying LP's or I'd rarely ever buy one. I'm a collector but not interested in owning anything that I don't really like or wouldn't play over and over.

So from now on, I'm not buying an LP because the art is cool, or based on one track I might have heard.  It's off to youtube to listen ...listen a lot...before I part with my dosh.

It's not quality over quantity, its quality and quantity I strive for.:)

Got With The Beatles (Beatles) for £4 and Double Fantasy (Lennon) for £2 from eBay. Bloke just round the corner was selling so I collected... Both are in great condition, no jumps and play fine. With The Beatles has a bit of a battered sleeve but it is the second pressing so it's really old. 

Can't complain for £6.

• 2 months later...
49 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Anybody get anything for Christmas?

I got 'Meat Is Murder' by the Smiths and 'Hunky Dory' by Bowie. Well pleased with that.

I got bought a Vinyl player and four Vinyls

Nevermind (Nirvana)

Definitely Maybe (Oasis)

Hatful of Holloway  (The Smiths)

Enema of the State (Blink 182) lol

Buzzing to start collecting more

Need some speakers but not sure if that takes away some of the romanticism 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, foxfanazer said:

Nevermind (Nirvana)

Definitely Maybe (Oasis)

Good that! .... Definitely Maybe - very good! Always seems fairly expensive whenever I've seen it to buy. Think I'll buy Hatful of Hollow soon though.

Edited by Fox92

4 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Good that! .... Definitely Maybe - very good! Always seems fairly expensive whenever I've seen it to buy. Think I'll buy Hatful of Hollow soon though.

Don't think they did much shopping around, I expect they were all HMV lol

Did you have to buy speakers or was yours loud enough?

3 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Don't think they did much shopping around, I expect they were all HMV lol

Did you have to buy speakers or was yours loud enough?

I haven't got speakers yet - I don't play it that loudly - but I'' probably get speakers eventually.

@purpleronnie is probably your best man to ask for all vinyl info! 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

Nevermind (Nirvana)

Definitely Maybe (Oasis)

Do you mean you have built in speakers?  If so the new models are usually pretty awful.  I have an old hacker gondolier which has in built speakers but the sound is very good and incredibly loud if you need it.

Get some separate speakers, even a couple of wharfedale speakers 9.1 can be picked up for cheap and are great.  I used to hook up my hifi are turntable to them.

Nice start to your collection there.

2 hours ago, Fox92 said:

I haven't got speakers yet - I don't play it that loudly - but I'' probably get speakers eventually.

@purpleronnie is probably your best man to ask for all vinyl info! 

Thanks Fox92.

2 hours ago, purpleronnie said:

Do you mean you have built in speakers?  If so the new models are usually pretty awful.  I have an old hacker gondolier which has in built speakers but the sound is very good and incredibly loud if you need it.

Get some separate speakers, even a couple of wharfedale speakers 9.1 can be picked up for cheap and are great.  I used to hook up my hifi are turntable to them.

Nice start to your collection there.

Thanks Fox92.

Ah cheers mate, yeah i'll get some speakers as it is a new model. Think my phone speakers are louder lol

Forgot to mention to my mum that I haven't listened to Blink 182 in 10 years lol

On Monday, December 26, 2016 at 14:43, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Got High Violet by the National which is supoiiiiib and Jamie xx's In Colour boxset which is lovely. Don't wanna touch either of them though, they're beautiful.

Is that the purple (or violet I suppose) coloured record or the black one for the national? I have the coloured version and the sound quality is awful. Great album though.

On 12/28/2016 at 11:27, Rocket-Ron said:

Is that the purple (or violet I suppose) coloured record or the black one for the national? I have the coloured version and the sound quality is awful. Great album though.

Yeah mate it's the violet vinyl one though it plays fine for me - haven't noticed anything poor. Such a great record regardless, England is going with me to the grave. Such a fantastic band.

• 3 months later...

I stopped buying records to save for the European tour. So being able to resume is one of the very few positives of us getting knocked out! 

*Logs in to Discogs*

I see prices have inflated quite substantially in the past 12 months... Great. I forgot how expensive this game was.

16 hours ago, Lako42 said:

Just got 'The Warriors' soundtrack lp

I found the orignal a couple of years back. Record was perfect but cover had a library sticker stuck to the front. The waxworks reissue is a very good also.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Got some more charity shop bargains today. Parallel Lines (Blondie) and Venus and Mars (Wings) - both £4 each. Play absolutely perfectly.