Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The People's Hero

Horse Racing

Imperial Commander is as high as 50s for the Gold Cup and a lot of bookies are now doing no runner/no bet. I simply have to take that offer up, the horse has been out for the best part of 3 years but it's class and can get a place at least this year if it runs. There's no stand out horse/s in this years Gold Cup and i'd rather be on a horse that's done it before.

Imperial Commander is as high as 50s for the Gold Cup and a lot of bookies are now doing no runner/no bet. I simply have to take that offer up, the horse has been out for the best part of 3 years but it's class and can get a place at least this year if it runs. There's no stand out horse/s in this years Gold Cup and i'd rather be on a horse that's done it before.

Off the top of my head - how old is the horse? Just feel like age may be against it?

I have no bookmaker of choice at the moment. Fallen out with B365 big time and I'm banned from all others apart from sportingbet (limited stakes to about 40p) and Paddy Power (limited stakes on some selections)

Going to have to start using the ones I've opened in the wife's name, although Ladbrokes got wise to that early doors.

Off the top of my head - how old is the horse? Just feel like age may be against it?

I have no bookmaker of choice at the moment. Fallen out with B365 big time and I'm banned from all others apart from sportingbet (limited stakes to about 40p) and Paddy Power (limited stakes on some selections)

Going to have to start using the ones I've opened in the wife's name, although Ladbrokes got wise to that early doors.

Hahahaa how come you're banned from a load? Mouthing off?

I think The Commander has just turned 10, it loves Cheltenham and is worse a place. After The Giant Bolsters run last year, that can't be ruled out again either.

Hahahaa how come you're banned from a load? Mouthing off?

I think The Commander has just turned 10, it loves Cheltenham and is worse a place. After The Giant Bolsters run last year, that can't be ruled out again either.

I had a real hot streak of winners last year, I was untouchable for a bit. Had a few results courtesy of 'rhymes with Handerson' too.

I took too much from them basically and they didn't like it. Ladbrokes gave me a £50 bet (matched deposit) which I bunged on a 28/1 shot I fancied and it won.

They paid out in to my account and shut the account. The betting account had existed for around 4 hours in total!

Others did the same, most choosing to either limit my stakes (to under £1 usually) or put me on a 'refer to trader basis' - ie I had to ring my bets through and await approval.

Sometimes on say a 8/1 shot if I wanted £10 e/w, they'd offer me £5 e/w at 13/2.

I can understand allowing me lower stakes, but lower than published odds???

Anyway, there we are.

I had a real hot streak of winners last year, I was untouchable for a bit. Had a few results courtesy of 'rhymes with Handerson' too.

I took too much from them basically and they didn't like it. Ladbrokes gave me a £50 bet (matched deposit) which I bunged on a 28/1 shot I fancied and it won.

They paid out in to my account and shut the account. The betting account had existed for around 4 hours in total!

Others did the same, most choosing to either limit my stakes (to under £1 usually) or put me on a 'refer to trader basis' - ie I had to ring my bets through and await approval.

Sometimes on say a 8/1 shot if I wanted £10 e/w, they'd offer me £5 e/w at 13/2.

I can understand allowing me lower stakes, but lower than published odds???

Anyway, there we are.

Hahahaaa that's insane! I remember allowing my £20 I had on Albertas Run at 9/2 to ride when it won at Kempton and had it all on it's run at Cheltenham. It won at 8/1 I think? I then enquired about letting that ride on it's run at Aintree a few weeks later. They wouldn't let me. It won at 16/1 I think and I was furious, although i'm sure i'd have bottled it and not put it all on because let's face it I cashed out and only had about £25 e/w on the Aintree race at a later date. Even so, the bookies are prats at times.

Hahahaaa that's insane! I remember allowing my £20 I had on Albertas Run at 9/2 to ride when it won at Kempton and had it all on it's run at Cheltenham. It won at 8/1 I think? I then enquired about letting that ride on it's run at Aintree a few weeks later. They wouldn't let me. It won at 16/1 I think and I was furious, although i'm sure i'd have bottled it and not put it all on because let's face it I cashed out and only had about £25 e/w on the Aintree race at a later date. Even so, the bookies are prats at times.

What a horse!

What a horse!

Won me nigh on £5000 over the years. What I loved about it was that it seemed to run badly in inferior races about 3 seasons on the spin and the bookies and tipsters ruled it out time and time again in the big races, where it cleared up. A horse as good at that was going off at double figures up against some dross, it was like printing money. Still heart broken about it getting done on the line last Cheltenham. I lost some dough that day.

Won me nigh on £5000 over the years. What I loved about it was that it seemed to run badly in inferior races about 3 seasons on the spin and the bookies and tipsters ruled it out time and time again in the big races, where it cleared up. A horse as good at that was going off at double figures up against some dross, it was like printing money. Still heart broken about it getting done on the line last Cheltenham. I lost some dough that day.

Me too.

I remember we both really fancied it to go in, but maybe it was just one year too far.

My head told me it couldn't do it and wouldn't even go close, but my heart made me back it and it very nearly paid off.

15320-albertas-run-albertas-run.jpg

Me too.

I remember we both really fancied it to go in, but maybe it was just one year too far.

My head told me it couldn't do it and wouldn't even go close, but my heart made me back it and it very nearly paid off.

15320-albertas-run-albertas-run.jpg

Hahahaa yeah it was a year too far but it's sheer guts got it in the mix and at least it got the place. I'd just loaded too much on the win and not much on the place to see a happy return. I need to start really putting some hours in on studying for Chelts this year. I've no longer got my trusty favourites to fall back on, time for some new heroes.

• 2 weeks later...

How often do horses run? I always thought it'd be every couple of weeks at the most.

Sure I saw one go on Friday and he's running again today. Scat 'something else' is his name.

It all depends on the age and class of the horses. The high class horses will run a few times a year with their focus on the bigger races and then the festival.

How often do horses run? I always thought it'd be every couple of weeks at the most.

Sure I saw one go on Friday and he's running again today. Scat 'something else' is his name.

There is a trainer over here that ofter backs up his horses the very next day.

Archived