Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The People's Hero

Horse Racing

Anyone think this NH season has been poor?

I know the big meetings are yet to come, but I think it's been really poor so far, I love NH but found it quite boring so far and with all the unfortunate injuries meaning star horses will be missing Cheltenham I fear for the festival this year.

My judgement might be clouded by poor betting returns though! lol

Going Cheltenham for the Gold Cup for the first time, can't wait! What are people's views on the champions races then, I'm liking the following:

Champion Hurdle - Buveur D'Air - can't say Yanworth has impressed me hugely, D'Air always looks so effortless whenever I've seen

Stayers Hurdle - Unowhatimeanharry 6/5 just can't look past him at the moment

Queen Mother Chase - Douvan just a monster absolute monster

Gold Cup - Sizing John - I really like him, take out Douvan and his record is brilliant - 10/1 fantastic odds and proved he can do it over 3m in the Irish Gold Cup with a great run

Couldn't be more wrong come next week I'm sure!

30 minutes ago, brockmyster said:

Going Cheltenham for the Gold Cup for the first time, can't wait! What are people's views on the champions races then, I'm liking the following:

Champion Hurdle - Buveur D'Air - can't say Yanworth has impressed me hugely, D'Air always looks so effortless whenever I've seen

Stayers Hurdle - Unowhatimeanharry 6/5 just can't look past him at the moment

Queen Mother Chase - Douvan just a monster absolute monster

Gold Cup - Sizing John - I really like him, take out Douvan and his record is brilliant - 10/1 fantastic odds and proved he can do it over 3m in the Irish Gold Cup with a great run

Couldn't be more wrong come next week I'm sure!

The Gold Cup is class depending on where you are sitting / standing as you can imagine it is rammed! If you are going for a boozey day expect to queue or take a hip flask! plus give yourself plenty of time to get there! we go every year and have missed the first race a once or twice!

Some cracking racing over the days even though a lot of the big names are missing.

I think the gold cup race its self is really open DJakadam in from 8/1 to 4/1 its about the only race Mullins hasnt won! i imagine Ruby will ride it to. But it is a really open race could argue the case of at least 4 horses.

2 hours ago, goose2010 said:

The Gold Cup is class depending on where you are sitting / standing as you can imagine it is rammed! If you are going for a boozey day expect to queue or take a hip flask! plus give yourself plenty of time to get there! we go every year and have missed the first race a once or twice!

Some cracking racing over the days even though a lot of the big names are missing.

I think the gold cup race its self is really open DJakadam in from 8/1 to 4/1 its about the only race Mullins hasnt won! i imagine Ruby will ride it to. But it is a really open race could argue the case of at least 4 horses.

Yeah I've seen about the crowds, hipflask isn't a bad shout, easy enough to get in then is it? Heard the bookies queues are enormous and to think of using your phone to do so too.

I keep seeing djakadam being backed I just don't think it has enough compared to the rest of the field

yeah shouldnt be an issue, i was in the tats last year and go one in without even thinking about it. Just dont take the mic. The bookies i have never had a issue with they are so quick these days, shouldnt be an issue but you do tend to get better odds online but for me that takes the fun out of it!

Yeah its great its an open race to be honest, should be a cracker the weather will play a massive part to. Be warned if its windy it will be cold as f**k its so open and always cold there was bloody freezing last year!

Some week coming up !!!!

Tuesday watching in the pub My nap of day Yanworth 

Wednesday a guest of the champion chase  sponsors in their private box full hospitality nap of Day Carter McKay 

Thursday a guest of a major owner in his box full hospitality , nap of the day YorkHill 

friday my own private table in the panoramic , nap of the day Death Duty 

shall be a cracker 

djakadam will win the gold cup cos I've been on at the start of the season for the last two years so he obviously came second and I'm not this time, so he'll win 

1 minute ago, ScouseFox said:

djakadam will win the gold cup cos I've been on at the start of the season for the last two years so he obviously came second and I'm not this time, so he'll win 

That's similar To my luck with The Fellow 

backed him blind Year after year and then bollix won it and I didn't have a penny on him 

15 hours ago, GaelicFox said:

Some week coming up !!!!

Tuesday watching in the pub My nap of day Yanworth 

Wednesday a guest of the champion chase  sponsors in their private box full hospitality nap of Day Carter McKay 

Thursday a guest of a major owner in his box full hospitality , nap of the day YorkHill 

friday my own private table in the panoramic , nap of the day Death Duty 

shall be a cracker 

Lucky bastard. My nap of the meeting is Yorkhill. Will destroy it.

1 hour ago, GaelicFox said:

Not what ever race 

if she turns up in mares novice yes 

and that's where she will 

Ricci says she's the best novice hurdler that he has. Personally hoping she goes for the supreme as I have her at 25's (NRNB.) 

15 minutes ago, Bert said:

Ricci says she's the best novice hurdler that he has. Personally hoping she goes for the supreme as I have her at 25's (NRNB.) 

lol 

ricci talks a lot of shit ... but that's probably true as his novices haven't lit up the world this spring he hasn't got another decent novice going to chelt as fav ! 

I have spent a few race days in his company ricci is a strange man to be honest  ,  the man who rides her said she would struggle to beat Augusta Kate in a gallop 

she wouldn't be in first 4 in supreme , she has a hell of a race on her hoofs in the mares novice , she will go there and she should win 

ricci is getting anxious he can't seem to find and buy the good ones like before , he has lots of competition 

he also turned down Neon Wolf !!! Was offered him for €150k and said he wasn't good enough 

the horse was owned by mags Mullins and Patrick rode it to win its point , willie couldn't get the cash for him in time so the horse left ireland 

28 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Finian's Oscar is likely to hose up too. I've various antepost bets on.

Been on it all year.

The New One is interesting at 14/1 given that race is wide open this year and it's an old warrior.

We need another Alberta's Run. 

• 5 months later...

Archived