Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

Golf

On ‎10‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 21:23, Izzy Muzzett said:

Was looking forward to Tiger's long awaited comeback this week, but he's just pulled out. Says his game isn't ready for the PGA Tour yet. But it was last week, and now it's not? Oh well, at least the organizers sold an extra shit load of advanced tickets I suppose....

I think he was obligated to enter this event as it's the first of the season and isn't he on some sort of medical exemption. So by entering and then withdrawing, he's probably gotten around it. He just needs to take the plunge and start playing again, the longer it goes on mentally it'll eat at you.

As it's the dawn of a new season on the PGA Tour it's time to look at the new tour players fresh from the web.com tour. Keep an eye on Wheey Kim who did well in the odd appearance on tour last yeat, Cheng Tsung Pan who is class and went well at the Olympics and Trey Mullinax who hits the ball an absolute mile. There's plenty of others highly regarded too, Wesley Bryan is a trick shot king as well as a very good young player. Check out some of his shots on instagram, ridiculous.

• Like 1

Shot my best round of the year today. Gross 73 one over par off the white tees in a midweek stableford competition for 43 points. Just one of those days where everything clicked and Lady Luck shone down on me for once. If only I could play like this every week lol

4 hours ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Shot my best round of the year today. Gross 73 one over par off the white tees in a midweek stableford competition for 43 points. Just one of those days where everything clicked and Lady Luck shone down on me for once. If only I could play like this every week lol

Great Round!

So youre off around 8, decent level of play, what course do you play if you dont mind me asking?

No reason why, if youre capable of a 73, that with a bit of improvement and a little work, you could be a tidy category 1 player.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Donut said:

Great Round!

So youre off around 8, decent level of play, what course do you play if you dont mind me asking?

No reason why, if youre capable of a 73, that with a bit of improvement and a little work, you could be a tidy category 1 player.

Cheers bud, yesterday's round felt like a real 'one off' lol

Yeah, I'm currently off 8 h'cap but will probably be cut to 7 now. Lowest I've been is 6 but that was hard work - especially in winter as I'm not the longest :rolleyes: You're right, it's all about improvement and work on your game to stay half decent I guess.

I used to play Ullesthorpe, Lutterworth, Kilworth in my youth, but now play down south with a load of gooners and Chelski fans :(

23 hours ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Nice one.

Avoided the windmills then ;)

• Like 1

On 13 October 2016 at 21:17, Izzy Muzzett said:

Superb knock that is pal, my best is 74 in a competition but I'd struggle to break 80 this year I reckon. Pits of a year for me.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

So after 2 events on the new PGA season and a rookie wins already, Cody Gribble at 100/1. I was lucky enough to have backed him after he finished 8th in the first event and popped up on my radar. Had him in an each way double with Daniel Berger which paid best part of 400/1. Shame Berger wasn't Matsuyama and it would have been thousands. Haha

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

So after 2 events on the new PGA season and a rookie wins already, Cody Gribble at 100/1. I was lucky enough to have backed him after he finished 8th in the first event and popped up on my radar. Had him in an each way double with Daniel Berger which paid best part of 400/1. Shame Berger wasn't Matsuyama and it would have been thousands. Haha

Great result mate - chi ching! :appl:

What sort of name is Cody Gribble though? These yank rookie names get funnier and funnier lol

34 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Great result mate - chi ching! :appl:

What sort of name is Cody Gribble though? These yank rookie names get funnier and funnier lol

Cheers pal.

Hahahaa I know mate, heinous.

Gribble could be one to watch, I was astounded by how fearless he was down the stretch and got me wondering if he's made of something special. His putting and wedge play was extraordinary so i'll be looking at him when stepped up in class in better events. It's good when you unearth a rookie who goes on to be top class, fells like you've conned the bookies for once as as soon as they are established on tour their odds are then 25/1 or less every week regardless of form etc which pisses me right off.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Good to see Tiger Woods back playing competitive golf and injury free. Thought he did ok today considering, and at -4 after 8 holes he was looking back to his old self. Shame about the back 9, but an encouraging performance none the less I thought. 

A brilliant bogey free 65 from Tiger today. His game looks good after such a long lay off. Would be great if he could challenge Rory, Jordan, Dustin and the like next year. Great to see him back looking like his old self.

On 12/2/2016 at 15:16, Izzy Muzzett said:

A brilliant bogey free 65 from Tiger today. His game looks good after such a long lay off. Would be great if he could challenge Rory, Jordan, Dustin and the like next year. Great to see him back looking like his old self.

Not so great today. Consistency seems like an issue for Tiger, when he is actually back playing.

I'd like to see him back in the mix too.

On 4 December 2016 at 03:01, spacemunky said:

Not so great today. Consistency seems like an issue for Tiger, when he is actually back playing.

I'd like to see him back in the mix too.

Shame Tiger blew up a bit and threw in some ugly double bogeys over the weekend. But he lead the field on birdies made with 24 over the four rounds which is pretty impressive for his first competition in 15 months. At least he's pain free now so looking forward to see what he can produce in 2017. 

Tiger had the most birdies of the field last week which is one huge positive, as is his putting which was as relentless as it was back in his pomp. It's a great start for him, now he needs to bed down and get some serious tournaments under his belt and take it from there. I'd never write him off, I still think he's got a few wins left in him. Whether they are majors or not though is a huge question.

One final bet of the year for me this week out in Hong Kong, Soomin Lee at 110/1 to pay for Christmas.

21 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Tiger had the most birdies of the field last week which is one huge positive, as is his putting which was as relentless as it was back in his pomp. It's a great start for him, now he needs to bed down and get some serious tournaments under his belt and take it from there. I'd never write him off, I still think he's got a few wins left in him. Whether they are majors or not though is a huge question.

One final bet of the year for me this week out in Hong Kong, Soomin Lee at 110/1 to pay for Christmas.

Cheers for the tip. I've just stuck a fiver on Lee e/w but only got 66's at Paddy Power. If he finishes top 6 I'll buy you a pint mate :thumbup:

• 1 month later...

Bump time.

The new golf season is upon us and I'm getting moist :D

Shame Rory is out injured this week but excited to see how TW does next time out. Justin Thomas winning for fun and the usual suspects all raring to go. Only three months to the Masters and so much great golf to look forward to. I'm sure you're all as excited as I am :whistle:

• 2 months later...

MASTERS KLAXON

Two weeks to go.

I've already put the majority of my bets on from Cheltenham winnings. I've had £5 e/w on Matt Fitzpatrick at 80/1. £2.50 e/w on Marc Leishman at 125/1 before he landed the Arnold Palmer on Sunday, he's now in to 66/1. £15 WIN on McIlroy at 15/2, £2.50 e/w on Shane Lowry at 100/1, £1.50 e/w on Daniel Berger at 100/1 and then on betfair I've decided to pump a few quid on WIN only at decent odds. C Hoffman 190/1 £2, R Knox 320/1 £2, Snedeker 80/1 £3, Fowler 45/1 £3

Finally, courtesy of a free £50 bet for winning a Cheltenham comp, I've had £25 e/w on Matsuyama at 16/1. He is in rude form this year and has done well at Augusta previously. I think he's ready to land a major and he's suited to this.

Can't see past DJ, hits it miles, then hits it close and can putt. Practically untouchable right now. 

Talking personal golf I'm showing signs that I'm starting to find my game again, its been a while as I've changed my entire bag bar the putter and the driver in the last 6/7 months, just need to work on my putting and it could be a good season. Hopefully stop going up as well and start coming down again! 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, HowardsBulletHeader said:

Can't see past DJ, hits it miles, then hits it close and can putt. Practically untouchable right now. 

Talking personal golf I'm showing signs that I'm starting to find my game again, its been a while as I've changed my entire bag bar the putter and the driver in the last 6/7 months, just need to work on my putting and it could be a good season. Hopefully stop going up as well and start coming down again! 

Agree about DJ mate, he seems to be on a different stratosphere than the others right now. But I fancy Rory at his best could push him close. Just hope it's a close and exciting Masters this year and not a procession.

Good luck with your own game this season. I've come to the conclusion after 30 years playing that golf is all about putting. I shot a one over gross 73 in the midweek medal last week and got cut to 5.5 - so nearly a cat 1 player which had always been my dream.

I had 9 x 1 putts and 27 in total. Just one of those days where I couldn't miss. I've resigned myself to the fact that I'm only average at best tee to green, so spend 90% of my practice on putting these days..

1 hour ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Agree about DJ mate, he seems to be on a different stratosphere than the others right now. But I fancy Rory at his best could push him close. Just hope it's a close and exciting Masters this year and not a procession.

Good luck with your own game this season. I've come to the conclusion after 30 years playing that golf is all about putting. I shot a one over gross 73 in the midweek medal last week and got cut to 5.5 - so nearly a cat 1 player which had always been my dream.

I had 9 x 1 putts and 27 in total. Just one of those days where I couldn't miss. I've resigned myself to the fact that I'm only average at best tee to green, so spend 90% of my practice on putting these days..

I dont play now, im a former category 1 player, lowest I ever reached was a 1.8 handicap, but youre right with your assessment, the short game is where you can find the quickest amounts of improvement in your score because these shots make up most of your total shots and dont rely so much on perfect striking.

Another thing id suggest to get better is forget "working the ball". Just hit one type of shot all the time.

If you watch pros live, and really study them, especially off the tee pros work the ball very, very little. They have a shot they like, and they hit it over and over again.

• Like 1

Well that Matchplay was good for only two things, 1) DJ is just a freak and 2) John Rahm is a freak in the making. This could be an insight in to the two dominant players of the next decade, the power and ruthlessness is obscene.

I had a fairly decent betting week, didn't get anything back on the matchplay as all my picks were knocked out in the group stages but I had £1.50 e/w on Trey Mullinax first round leader in Puerto Rico at 80/1 which got me back £150 and then a DeChambeau/Gerina Piller Whee Kim/Gerin PIller e/w double at 40/1 & 80/1 and 80/1 & 80/1 which was place only but returned a few hundred quid.

I am nicely loaded for The Masters now.

I've had a few more bets hahahaa. Ousthuizen £11 e/w and Hatton £5 e/w. I really ought to stop, I've backed about a quarter of the field now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Well that Matchplay was good for only two things, 1) DJ is just a freak and 2) John Rahm is a freak in the making. This could be an insight in to the two dominant players of the next decade, the power and ruthlessness is obscene.

I had a fairly decent betting week, didn't get anything back on the matchplay as all my picks were knocked out in the group stages but I had £1.50 e/w on Trey Mullinax first round leader in Puerto Rico at 80/1 which got me back £150 and then a DeChambeau/Gerina Piller Whee Kim/Gerin PIller e/w double at 40/1 & 80/1 and 80/1 & 80/1 which was place only but returned a few hundred quid.

I am nicely loaded for The Masters now.

I've had a few more bets hahahaa. Ousthuizen £11 e/w and Hatton £5 e/w. I really ought to stop, I've backed about a quarter of the field now.

lol

• Like 1