Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dorsetfox

play off spot still very much attainable

ok so it seems like the rest of the teams above us feel a little sorry for us and keep dropping points.

maybe just maybe our destiny is to sneak into 6th and beat forest at wembley with a goal from lloyd dyer in the 90th minute

just saying :)

please keep this post as it could be a preminition lol:)

Sometimes during bad spells you can get that feeling that things will change but this is just beyond that. In December I always felt we could change it around we were playing well enough but now there is nothing there at all. No positives what so ever!

Despite all the doom and gloom, you are technically right. We have seen first hand how quickly results and performances can change and the optimist in me says that if they can change so quickly in the negative, there's no reason why they can't suddenly change for the positive. Difficult to envisage it happening at the moment but you never know in football.

well things happen and i could give you hundreds of results that should never have happened lol

with or without pearson i still think we might sneak 6th then its a lottery really

You my friend have obviously hit the Easter Monday grog a little early. Play offs my arse - and even if we did, it would be embarassing. Imagine this lot in the Premiership?

Oh, and despite living relatively close to Brighton, I wont be wasting my money on a couple of tickets for saturday. F**k 'em, they never came to see ME when I was sick!!

I think we've had 7 defeats, 1 win & 3 draws in our 11 game awful run.

According to Floxblogger the 7 sides who've beaten us were 23rd, 16th, 17th, 21st, 12th, 14th, 20th

eg. All of them are bottom half teams.

I think all our remaining games are against direct rivals now, the way we play we'll probably end up beating most of them and finishing comfortably inside the playoffs.

Although a lot needs sorting with the balance of the team for that to happen.

I think we've had 7 defeats, 1 win & 3 draws in our 11 game awful run.

According to Floxblogger the 7 sides who've beaten us were 23rd, 16th, 17th, 21st, 12th, 14th, 20th

eg. All of them are bottom half teams.

I think all our remaining games are against direct rivals now, the way we play we'll probably end up beating most of them and finishing comfortably inside the playoffs.

Although a lot needs sorting with the balance of the team for that to happen.

We need to go on that similar run when we last made the playoffs, we came off bad form then and managed to pull it off but nothing like this. We aren't playing good at all

Games against Brighton, Nottingham Forest, Palace and Watford so yeah, we can still make it. But after our recent performances, do I think we'll win those games? Not really.

Despite all the doom and gloom, you are technically right. We have seen first hand how quickly results and performances can change and the optimist in me says that if they can change so quickly in the negative, there's no reason why they can't suddenly change for the positive. Difficult to envisage it happening at the moment but you never know in football.

Echoing my thoughts on our situation.

As much as it looks awful at the moment it can change, no real reason for, it just happens. A lot of people seem to think this run will carry on indefinitely, I very much doubt that. We might not get into the POs but I think we'll pick up enough to challenge for them at the very least.

Echoing my thoughts on our situation.

As much as it looks awful at the moment it can change, no real reason for, it just happens. A lot of people seem to think this run will carry on indefinitely, I very much doubt that. We might not get into the POs but I think we'll pick up enough to challenge for them at the very least.

I just feel the best chance we have of making the play-offs is replacing the manager.

I just feel the best chance we have of making the play-offs is replacing the manager.

So we sack Pearson, then we might not get a manager in for what is probably the biggest game of the season on Saturday and we're leaving our new man just five games to get things sorted. :/

I don't mind people wanting the manager to be sacked, that's fair enough, but I just think creating uncertainty at this time is a bad idea.

So we sack Pearson, then we might not get a manager in for what is probably the biggest game of the season on Saturday and we're leaving our new man just five games to get things sorted.

I don't mind people wanting the manager to be sacked, that's fair enough, but I just think creating uncertainty at this time is a bad idea.

I just can't see how the team can play any worse, we can only get better I feel sticking with Pearson we will not get out of this slump.

So we sack Pearson, then we might not get a manager in for what is probably the biggest game of the season on Saturday and we're leaving our new man just five games to get things sorted. :/

Could there be a case for the owners to come out and say

"the form is disappointing, we're happy with the way things were going and we employed Pearson to do a job over the mid & long term, our aim to win promotion has not changed, but we will not bow to short-termism and endless unsustainable rebuilding"

I welcome owner's silence instead of piping up all the time like some do, but the vacuum caused by their inaction is creating a situation where endless speculation results in action they may not actually want.

Although, I get this below point too.

I just can't see how the team can play any worse, we can only get better I feel sticking with Pearson we will not get out of this slump.

Could there be a case for the owners to come out and say

"the form is disappointing, we're happy with the way things were going and we employed Pearson to do a job over the mid & long term, our aim to win promotion has not changed, but we will not bow to short-termism and endless unsustainable rebuilding"

I welcome owner's silence instead of piping up all the time like some do, but the vacuum caused by their inaction is creating a situation where endless speculation results in action they may not actually want.

Yeah possibly, Pearson seems to be increasingly uneasy in his interviews, as calm as he is the pressure must be hard to handle and it can't be helping performances.

They did actually make a statement earlier in the season about Pearson's job being safe so it shows they are open to that idea - I seem to remember that was following a 4th consecutive win though. I'll try and find the link.

Here it is: http://www.lcfc.com/...ent-409264.aspx

Picked out a few key quotes:

• it has always been our stated aim to deliver a long term sustainable platform for success.
  • the Football Club is constantly in the public eye and, as such, will be a constant subject of media scrutiny and debate. For that reason, we adopt a policy in which we do not feel compelled to respond to a media agenda.
  • However, given the recent unwarranted and inaccurate speculation in relation to our manager, we wish to set the record straight in the most unequivocal manner.
    Nigel has and continues to retain our total support in helping us to deliver our stated long-term aim of achieving footballing success.

A play off spot is definitely still attainable.. but on current form we haven't got a chance in hell.

If we can somehow scrape a win, it may put us on a mini run (as unlikely as that seems, and the Blackburn win didn't do that)

I think losing against Brighton would seal it. But who knows... sneak a win and give us a bit of confidence/belief?

95% sure we won't get play offs, but might as well cling to hope rather than moan.

Archived