Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MooseBreath

Reasons for bans and posts deletions

Hi.

I keep having posts deleted and have received a few bans lately. For example I just had a post deleted in the "Unlikely Things" thread and I've no idea why. Likewise a couple of weeks back I was posting completely innocuous comments in defense of the owners on the football forum and suddenly found myself banned again.

Any chance you could supply reasons for these deletions and constant bans?

Anyone else having the same problem?

It's a bit odd because other posters regularly post far more offensive and controversial things but appear to escape bans and deletions.

Is this a personal thing? Have I offended one of the mods in some way, and if so can you explain how?

This is supposed to be a discussion forum but if the mods are going back to the old days where they only allowed opinions that they personally agree with then I can see the place getting quite quiet.

If a mod has an issue with an opinion of mine why dont they join the discussion and put their opinion forward? That's what the forum is for isn't it? Rather than excitedly dishing out their e-power with deletions and bans.

I've had threads deleted in the past but I think that was due to there being a similar one already. Never been banned or had any warning points either. 

I think it would be nice on occasion if the mods could possibly PM the person they are going to ban/warn etc so they know and why they are doing it. But I suppose they have a life outside of FT as well and may not have the time to do so. 

Unless you have multiple accounts ( :rolleyes:) from what I see you've had one ban in a year and you along with everyone else who saw that topic you started will know what that was for.

I've definitely been banned twice in the last month. Ok one of the bans is wrong but understandable if it was for that thread. An explanation would have been useful. The other ban is a total mystery.

The staff here are overzealous, but you've got a choice of whether you stay or not.

That's true. But I do enjoy the forum to get me through the day at work. I had a brief affair with another forum while I was banned. I was close to divorcing foxestalk but the football brought me back. And Ken.

That's true. But I do enjoy the forum to get me through the day at work. I had a brief affair with another forum while I was banned. I was close to divorcing foxestalk but the football brought me back. And Ken.

Do whatever you please, just don't join the Roof.

Any chance of converting this lovely episode of your life into a book or - even better - a movie? It's this kind of unusual love story that resonates with a lot of people these days. :ph34r:

Its title? "Football brought me back. And Ken." lol

I've definitely been banned twice in the last month. Ok one of the bans is wrong but understandable if it was for that thread. An explanation would have been useful. The other ban is a total mystery.

There is only one ban on record as mark stated.

On any ban handed out an explanation is filled out which you would be able to see.

I can't even tell you who has power around here, you should make it more obvious. I think Webbo is the only person I know who is a mod.

So when you said the staff were shit you were specifically talking about me?

The staff here are overzealous, but you've got a choice of whether you stay or not.

Not the best business model then.

Rules are here to be followed that should also mean the mods too.

Personalities should not come into it.

If your wrong you should be warned or banned and niether just cause someone don't like you.

And yes we do all have a choice but if another forum opened or we all went to BR this would soon be gone.

Praps some people should realise that.

I can't even tell you who has power around here, you should make it more obvious. I think Webbo is the only person I know who is a mod.

So the orange names in the online list, and the link on there labelled "The Moderating team" isn't obvious enough?

So the orange names in the online list, and the link on there labelled "The Moderating team" isn't obvious enough?

I never go down that far, I just click on "view new posts" and navigate my way around the forum that way.

So when you said the staff were shit you were specifically talking about me?

I was only kidding ;)

Not the best business model then.

Rules are here to be followed that should also mean the mods too.

Personalities should not come into it.

If your wrong you should be warned or banned and niether just cause someone don't like you.

And yes we do all have a choice but if another forum opened or we all went to BR this would soon be gone.

Praps some people should realise that.

If that actually happend the place would be empty, it doesn't. No matter how many times certain people bleat on about being banned for their opinions.

Archived