Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxfanazer

Oasis

They're alright. Not the greatest band ever, but certainly not the worst. I personally go though periods where I play them, and other times I don't.

My favourite song is 'Whatever'. Think the lyrics are superb, I like to relate to them. 'Dont Look Back In Anger' and 'Some Might Say' are terrific as well.

Not everybody's cup of tea but are there any fans on here?

Favourite song?

Mine is Slide Away.......epic tune

My favourite band, and probably Slide Away is my fave too.

Also love Songbird, Don't Look Back in Anger, Live Forever and Some Might Say. In fact there are so many classics.

Oasis are a funny one for me, because although I own everything they did up until 'Be Here Now', I can honestly say I never ever listen to their stuff and cannot imagine that I ever will again.

I was in my first year at university when they broke through and even though everything about them is pretty much at odds with what I would normally like, it was difficult, if not impossible, to get swept up in all the hype.

The high water mark was that 'Whatever' single - it was exciting because, without wanting to sound too romantic about it, it was a 'proper' band breaking through and in the days when the charts still mattered, it was exciting to see 'your boys' challenging for spoils with the usual crap.  Going to buy that Oasis single and hoping it would be Christmas number one was quite an event - maybe it's just because I'm old now and don't get as enthused by this stuff anymore, or pop culture has become fragmented and the attention of those that might be interested is spread all over the place now, but stuff like this just doesn't seem to happen these days.

Of course, Oasis got a lot bigger from there, but I don't think they were ever quite the same after that.  The magic evaporated pretty quickly, the drugs take hold and the songs get longer and longer and the shows get bigger and bigger and more reliant on lager.  History has been re-written to some extent - 'What's the Story...' wasn't nearly as well received by the press as 'Definitely Maybe', but after the former sold millions it was suddenly apparently album of the year, and then 'Be Here Now' comes out to universal acclaim, a record that I'm not sure is genuinely liked by anyone.  By that point though the legend had been created, and even if they struggled to sell that many albums after that, selling out shows never seemed to be a problem.

Actually, during that post I've become a bit nostalgic and I reckon I might even rip Definitely Maybe so I can listen to it on ye olde mp3 player - and 'Whatever' at the same time.  But that's yer lot

• Like 1

Little by Little, Some Might Say, Stop Crying your Heart Out are probably my favourites. Never really make the effort to listen to them, but on my playlist and probably wouldn't ever skip them when they're on.

Would definitely go see them live if they come back though.

Edited by Watson

I could happily listen to Definitely Maybe and What's The Story from start to finish.

Favourite track is probably either Live Forever or (shoot me) Wonderwall. Acquiesce and Half the World Away are great tracks too.

Whatever, Don't Look Back In Anger, Roll With It, Slide Away, The Masterplan. 

Probably I'd say The Masterplan is my favourite. Such a great song. Music video's amazing too.

Oasis are a funny one for me, because although I own everything they did up until 'Be Here Now', I can honestly say I never ever listen to their stuff and cannot imagine that I ever will again.

I was in my first year at university when they broke through and even though everything about them is pretty much at odds with what I would normally like, it was difficult, if not impossible, to get swept up in all the hype.

The high water mark was that 'Whatever' single - it was exciting because, without wanting to sound too romantic about it, it was a 'proper' band breaking through and in the days when the charts still mattered, it was exciting to see 'your boys' challenging for spoils with the usual crap.  Going to buy that Oasis single and hoping it would be Christmas number one was quite an event - maybe it's just because I'm old now and don't get as enthused by this stuff anymore, or pop culture has become fragmented and the attention of those that might be interested is spread all over the place now, but stuff like this just doesn't seem to happen these days.

Of course, Oasis got a lot bigger from there, but I don't think they were ever quite the same after that.  The magic evaporated pretty quickly, the drugs take hold and the songs get longer and longer and the shows get bigger and bigger and more reliant on lager.  History has been re-written to some extent - 'What's the Story...' wasn't nearly as well received by the press as 'Definitely Maybe', but after the former sold millions it was suddenly apparently album of the year, and then 'Be Here Now' comes out to universal acclaim, a record that I'm not sure is genuinely liked by anyone.  By that point though the legend had been created, and even if they struggled to sell that many albums after that, selling out shows never seemed to be a problem.

Actually, during that post I've become a bit nostalgic and I reckon I might even rip Definitely Maybe so I can listen to it on ye olde mp3 player - and 'Whatever' at the same time.  But that's yer lot

Not my kind of band at all.

But what a wonderful post  :thumbup:

Why has nobody mentioned Cigarettes and Alcohol ?????

(Because it's 'Get It On' by T.Rex!).

Ciggarettes and Alcohol is one of my favourites, I bet that sounds good live.

Edited by Fox92

saw them 4 times once in magaluf randomly was a mental gig. Last time i saw them was at Wembley when Kasabian supported them and they basically stole the show oasis were no way near as good. Favourite songs, 'master plan' 'i hope, i think, i know' and slide away, rumours they are getting back together from glastonbury - i very much doubt that will happen though