Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxfanazer

Oasis

Wonderwall is a great song. Very fashionable to say it isnt but it is no doubt.

I dont think its their best but definitely a classic.

Love Slide Away, Rocking Chair, Columbia, Morning Glory. Some of the later stuff is better than is given credit for too. Turn up the Sun, Shock of the Lightning, Gas Panic are great tunes.

Only really get to listen to music in the car now and they're still one of the only bands that get me turning the volume right up and singing along.

A great band that destroyed themselves.

• Like 1

Definitely Maybe- One of the greatest albums ever

Morning Glory- Very Overated IMO. Quite bland in comparison to the debut. It has some great songs 'Some Might Say, Champagne Supernova, Wonderwall' but songs like She's Electric are awful not what I wanted from Oasis

Be Here Now- Mad as a bag of monkeys. OTT, Overblown and Self-indulgent but I really love it. Loud as hell to boot

The Masterplan- Sublime, the greatest collection of B-sides ever put together. Noel must be kicking himself for throwing these away now knowing how poor later albums were

SOTSOG- Criminally underated, it has some poor tracks but generally it's awesome. Gas Panic!, Go Let It Out, ****in in the Bushes, Roll It Over are all classics

HC- ****ing dreadful. An abomination.

DBTT- Ok but quite boring

DOYS- Great opening half, shocking second half

• 9 months later...

Liam tweeting a few things today, that confirmed Noel isn't bothered about a reunion.

It'd be great to see them live, I'd love it, but I don't want a favourite band of mine selling out. Just leave the legacy there.

• Like 1

Best UK band of all time imo.

Better quality music than One Direction, who I think are successful as they are mainly because they are considered 'fit' by their largely female fans whilst their songs are average.

Edited by Wymeswold fox

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

"Toxic Legacy" is being a bit overdramatic, but there's some good insight into the state the music press got itself into back in 1997 over Oasis' 3rd album, which bordered on collective hysteria. And yes, I got completely caught up in it (I was just a child of, erm, 22) as evidenced by my owning all the singles off of it. Oh well

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2016/oct/06/flattened-by-the-cocaine-panzers-the-toxic-legacy-of-oasiss-be-here-now

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/22/2015 at 13:17, Staffs Fox said:

Definitely Maybe- One of the greatest albums ever

Morning Glory- Very Overated IMO. Quite bland in comparison to the debut. It has some great songs 'Some Might Say, Champagne Supernova, Wonderwall' but songs like She's Electric are awful not what I wanted from Oasis

Be Here Now- Mad as a bag of monkeys. OTT, Overblown and Self-indulgent but I really love it. Loud as hell to boot

The Masterplan- Sublime, the greatest collection of B-sides ever put together. Noel must be kicking himself for throwing these away now knowing how poor later albums were

SOTSOG- Criminally underated, it has some poor tracks but generally it's awesome. Gas Panic!, Go Let It Out, ****in in the Bushes, Roll It Over are all classics

HC- ****ing dreadful. An abomination.

DBTT- Ok but quite boring

DOYS- Great opening half, shocking second half

Yea, this basically.

• 1 month later...
On 25/12/2016 at 10:54, foxfanazer said:

Never realised  how much of a great song 'Talk tonight' is. It's amazing how events in your life make you hear songs differently

It's one of their best, watching Supersonic and hearing the back story makes it even better too!

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 31/03/2017 at 22:48, Izzy Muzzett said:

I haven't posted in this thread before, but just want to say that for me, this is the greatest Oasis song of all time :thumbup:

Great song Muzz

Live Forever is THE best song EVER in my humble opinion

fantastic band, wish with all my heart they would reform (even if just for an album or two)

• Like 2