Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LeicesterBran

What Game Are You Playing At The Moment ?

Currently playing through the COD Ghosts campaign. It's alright, very much more-of-the-same but I've noticed something...

- Pretty much every mission starts with someone helping you stand up. You then have full health and no injuries despite being pretty much dead for one reason or another. This also usually happens during each mission a few times

- Every mission seems to end with someone telling you over the radio that "you're coming home"

- Takes about 4 minutes to throw a flashbang. 

Edited by Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo

Single player COD, waste of time. 

Haha not far off, I was just shy of 30,000 GS and wanted to break that milestone for myself. I'm about 75% through the story, it's alright but pretty forgettable. I think the only single player COD moments I've ever really enjoyed are the stealth missions, they can be quite tense

Started Dark Souls 2 today. Im good at the first game, but **** me is this one difficult. I had to restart already.

Erf it's horrendous, just killed the Sif Wolf thing as I needed something off him (no summons, check me out) negotiated that horrible fortress and the Iron Golem has just done a number on me, went in first with the NPC summon and he was literally one slash away from death when the NPC died and the fcking thing turned round and knocked me off the edge of the fortress, went in again with a NPC and another player and got knocked off the cliff instantly lol, went in again with both of them, only go him down to half way, died, accidentally used my last twin humanity at the same time, instead of going back to retrieve it like a sensible person I then realised the thing bombing fire down on me could be killed first so thought I'd do that first, obviously I was careless and got killed, so now I have no humanity and no souls, I either trek somewhere and find some more or try and do him by myself :-/ fcking game.

Ah, you summoned the Iron Tarkus NPC? He's great - he can pretty much kill the boss just by himself. And yeah, it's difficult to kill the boss without killing the giant first. What's even worse if you try kill the Gaping Dragon in the depths without killing the wizard guy, he casts a spell on it that makes it do about double damage  :dry: .

Started Dark Souls 2 today. Im good at the first game, but **** me is this one difficult. I had to restart already.

Ah, you summoned the Iron Tarkus NPC? He's great - he can pretty much kill the boss just by himself. And yeah, it's difficult to kill the boss without killing the giant first. What's even worse if you try kill the Gaping Dragon in the depths without killing the wizard guy, he casts a spell on it that makes it do about double damage  :dry: .

Missus was out on Saturday night and fell asleep about 9.30 on Friday so I've absolute sessioned this game this weekend lol

I did, with the fire thing out the way and a couple of summons the whole thing was pretty much a cake walk. I think I could of taken him by myself but hardly worth the risk when help is available. Got to Anor Londo, did the painting thing, didn't attack Pricsilla at the end of it but considering going back at  a later stage and taking her on when I'm a little harder. Got through Anor Londo and did Ornstein and Smough on my first attempt lol, something that I understand is pretty much unheard of. Fought my way through the Catacombs, did Pinwheel on my first attempt lol, now at the last bonfire in the tomb of the giants (which I cannot stand, as I can't see shit) and I've finally run into a boss that's giving me a head ache again, Nito is rather difficult. I have plans though.....big plans. 

I must of killed that Wizard, I think, either way the Gaping dragon was one of the easier bosses I've fought. 

Can't believe I've had this game so long and never played it this much it's fantastic. Will be getting the 2nd when I've got through this. 

Edited by Manwell Pablo

Missus was out on Saturday night and fell asleep about 9.30 on Friday so I've absolute sessioned this game this weekend lol

I did, with the fire thing out the way and a couple of summons the whole thing was pretty much a cake walk. I think I could of taken him by myself but hardly worth the risk when help is available. Got to Anor Londo, did the painting thing, didn't attack Pricsilla at the end of it but considering going back at  a later stage and taking her on when I'm a little harder. Got through Anor Londo and did Ornstein and Smough on my first attempt lol, something that I understand is pretty much unheard of. Fought my way through the Catacombs, did Pinwheel on my first attempt lol, now at the last bonfire in the tomb of the giants (which I cannot stand, as I can't see shit) and I've finally run into a boss that's giving me a head ache again, Nito is rather difficult. I have plans though.....big plans. 

I must of killed that Wizard, I think, either way the Gaping dragon was one of the easier bosses I've fought. 

Can't believe I've had this game so long and never played it this much it's fantastic. Will be getting the 2nd when I've got through this. 

Ornstein and Smough are probably the hardest boss in the game, unless you have the DLC. Strangely I actually managed to kill them on my first go too (Ibeing a wizard really helped, I just kept running away and casting magic), but on my second account it must have taken me hours to do it. Unless you fight him at the start of the game, Pinwheel is a bit of a joke boss, I normally 2 hit him by that point. Nito is either easy or insanely difficult, depending on whether you can kill those bloody skeletons.

Dark Souls is possibly the best game I've ever played - certainly the best of this generation at any rate. At least half way through the second one now, which is also a great game. Spent far longer on it then I should have these past few days.

I'm about 7 hours into dark souls 2, currently in no mans wharf, it is hard but superb at the same time and I must say I am enjoying every minute

It's not as difficult as I first though. The reason I struggled so much is I joined the first covenant I found. Turns out it made all the enemies as difficult as if you were playing NG+ lol That being said, it's still fairly difficult, though I'm finding the boss fights so far a lot easier.

Edit: I take it back. This boss fight is brutal. Spent hours on it, still nowhere near.

Edited by Charl91

Ornstein and Smough are probably the hardest boss in the game, unless you have the DLC. Strangely I actually managed to kill them on my first go too (Ibeing a wizard really helped, I just kept running away and casting magic), but on my second account it must have taken me hours to do it. Unless you fight him at the start of the game, Pinwheel is a bit of a joke boss, I normally 2 hit him by that point. Nito is either easy or insanely difficult, depending on whether you can kill those bloody skeletons.

Dark Souls is possibly the best game I've ever played - certainly the best of this generation at any rate. At least half way through the second one now, which is also a great game. Spent far longer on it then I should have these past few days.

They were a piece of piss with two online players summoned, strangely enough they were actually the last time I summoned anyone though done every boss since solo. 

Yeah Pinwheel was a joke, and as I said I had a plan for Nito, went back to the Undead Parish made myself a divine weapon killed the Skeletons and as you said, that made the whole thing a lot more straight forward. Done the demon ruins, all bosses rather easy bar the bed of chaos which had me rageing but I eventually managed to dive onto that platform. Took a quick excertion back to the Asylum to kill that boss I couldn't kill earlier and just been captured by Seth, who I hear is supposed to be quite easy? Think I'm getting towards the end of this now I think I have to wonder somewhere in the general direction of the New Londo ruins after this then it's the final boss. 

Edited by Manwell Pablo

this game sounds crazy shame i dont have the time to play games like i used to cause sounds like a game i would enjoy.

I can certainly see why some would consider it the game of the generation, but it is really hard, saying that the Boss's in the demon ruins are easy is speaking relatively, they  probably killed me 35 times between them.

First time?  On your own?  Hats off to you sir!  I was stuck on that part for a year!  A whole year!  In the end I just had summoned two helpers to clean them up whilst I stood in the corner and watched  lol

First time?  On your own?  Hats off to you sir!  I was stuck on that part for a year!  A whole year!  In the end I just had summoned two helpers to clean them up whilst I stood in the corner and watched  lol

God no I summoned people. I don't have ninja thumbs. 

Dark Souls = Finished, Gwyn had me furious for about 3 hours but eventually managed to get the timing of the parrys right.

Edited by Manwell Pablo

I know but this is random but does anyone remember this game?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Destruction_League:_Thunder_Tanks

I had it on PS2 when I was a kid and loved it lol

Bought it from Jackson's (now Sainsbury's Local) on Gloucester Crescent for £20. Saved up my pocket money for about 6 weeks!! I was just thinking about it earlier and considered buying an old PS2 on eBay just to play the game one more time lol

Playing Crusader Kings 2 on Mac, was 75% on Steam a few days ago. Has anyone played it? I took over one duchy and I've now got a massive budget deficit and I don't think I'll ever get back out of the red. I have no idea have to get money to build. Great game but as hard as Dark Souls in its own different kind of way.