Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LeicesterBran

What Game Are You Playing At The Moment ?

Uncharted 1-3 all done now and would have cracked straight on with number 4 if my brother in law had remembered to bring it with him when visiting at the weekend!!!

Onto The Last Guardian for me now. Determined to clear through some of my collection of games.

4 minutes ago, syston_fox said:

Uncharted 1-3 all done now and would have cracked straight on with number 4 if my brother in law had remembered to bring it with him when visiting at the weekend!!!

Onto The Last Guardian for me now. Determined to clear through some of my collection of games.

You are missing out big time if you haven't played 4 yet. Get on it

On 30/03/2017 at 13:23, syston_fox said:

Oh believe me I will be as soon as he gets his arse in gear and brings it round.

How you finding Last Guardian? I really liked it, though a little short and the controls/camera get on your tits.

Downloaded Last of Us: Left Behind and played through that, great like the main game. Now onto Heavy Rain/Beyond: Two Souls. Weird, more like an interactive movie, but I'll give them a shot.

Edited by Libertine

23 hours ago, Libertine said:

How you finding Last Guardian? I really liked it, though a little short and the controls/camera get on your tits.

Downloaded Last of Us: Left Behind and played through that, great like the main game. Now onto Heavy Rain/Beyond: Two Souls. Weird, more like an interactive movie, but I'll give them a shot.

It's not bad so far but the same issues you have. I've got to the bit where you learn that you can control Trico with your movements.... but doesn't help that they don't explain what each movement is. Took me a while to figure out as he didn't seem to actually do anything with some of the instructions. 

Have to say, I loved the Last Guardian, for all it's faults. The fact that Trico didn't always seem to know what you were telling it to do, or indeed, did something completely different, just added to the feeling that it was a real creature with it's own mind. Also, I have a fear of heights and some of the later bits made me feel genuinely ill!

On 11/03/2017 at 10:55, MC Prussian said:

Immersed in the first Mass Effect now.

I made my start in the series with Mass Effect 2 and had Part I lying around for so long, without really touching the disc.

Amazing how graphics have made such a quantum leap in the space of ten years in terms of resolution and detail.

The frame rate issues are negligible, the story absolute quality. Draws you right in after a rocky start - once you leave the Citadel for the very first time, you just can't let go.

Great games. Picked up the trilogy for dirt cheep and played them back to back a few months ago. You're right about the graphics

• 2 weeks later...
On Sun Apr 02 2017 at 19:02, Trav Le Bleu said:

Have to say, I loved the Last Guardian, for all it's faults. The fact that Trico didn't always seem to know what you were telling it to do, or indeed, did something completely different, just added to the feeling that it was a real creature with it's own mind. Also, I have a fear of heights and some of the later bits made me feel genuinely ill!

I'm close to the end now and have to say that the poor controls and Trico being a general moron have ruined this game for me.

The concept is brilliant and when it works it's a joy to play but I feel like I've spent 75% of the game either trying to move the camera into a position where the screen is not full of feathers or stood on Trico's back telling him to so something only for him to walk the other way or just ignore me. 

When it works, like in the scenes where bridges collapse and you get saved when falling by a swinging tail, it's brilliant but how many times have I fallen due the awful controls and the feathery **** has just watched me die?! 

Just finished The Last Guardian. Lovely idea for a game and some brilliant moments but overall I was glad it was over at the end as was getting so frustrated with it. Such a shame that a game as original as that can be let down by some horrendous controls and camera action. Almost unplayable at times. 

• Like 1

On 31/03/2017 at 21:15, Firegrande said:

Have an Xbox one, but we've been so deprived of games lately, I'm starting to think I should get a PS4

I had xbox 1 on pre-order back prior to release. Spent the whole time telling PS fanboys they were wrong about xbox but realised i was trying to convince myself so switched to a ps4 and am really glad i did! sorry...

4 hours ago, Libertine said:

Finished the Heavy Rain/Beyond Two Souls compilation. Don't know what to get next. Fancy Horizon but still at full price so putting me off at the minute.

I bought Horizon on pre-order, arrived the day before day 1 and got it for £36. Sold it on ebay after getting platinum for £33+£2.50p+p. Done similar with fallout 4 and uncharted 4. if you get in quick with the big games you can play for virtually nothing. If you leave it a few months if doesn't work so well though..

On ‎30‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 13:15, kingcarr21 said:

You are missing out big time if you haven't played 4 yet. Get on it

Holy shit!!!! Played the first 6 chapters and my god it's impressive. Having played the first three in quick succession over the last month or so you really notice the step up in quality.

Just now, syston_fox said:

Holy shit!!!! Played the first 6 chapters and my god it's impressive. Having played the first three in quick succession over the last month or so you really notice the step up in quality.

Told you its good. It only gets better as well as you get further. The views in the later chapters are mighty impressive. Enjoy

On 4/15/2017 at 03:43, syston_fox said:

I'm close to the end now and have to say that the poor controls and Trico being a general moron have ruined this game for me.

The concept is brilliant and when it works it's a joy to play but I feel like I've spent 75% of the game either trying to move the camera into a position where the screen is not full of feathers or stood on Trico's back telling him to so something only for him to walk the other way or just ignore me. 

When it works, like in the scenes where bridges collapse and you get saved when falling by a swinging tail, it's brilliant but how many times have I fallen due the awful controls and the feathery **** has just watched me die?! 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, potter3 said:

That had me in stitches. That barrel sequence in particular because I spent about 15 minutes throwing a barrel and getting it slightly wrong only to roll down again. In fact on my first attempt I got it perfect and to stay.... but then knocked it down when I jumped across. 

Trico did kill me a couple of times by jumping onto ledges and knocking me off. Or my personal favourite was when I finally got him to jump over a bridge and I took my finger off the button to grip onto the feathers in my excitement that he was finally doing something and I fell off. 

One of my biggest issues with the game was towards the end and a tower climbing sequence. Climb tower, go up stairs, gap in stairs that you jump over, pull lever, repeat.... after doing it twice there was another staircase with a gap in that I kept dying on everytime I tried to jump it. Having just had to do the same thing twice as part of climbing the tower, it seemed logical that another staircase with identical gap would need jumping but the games physics wouldn't let me jump it successfully even though a smaller gap. Drove me insane!!