Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Sky Bet To Auction Signed Shirts - Text Ellis Campaign

pi-031280-1375868_478x359.JPG
Sky Bet, the title sponsor of the Football League, wants you to bid for shirts signed by the star players at Champions Leicester City.
David Nugent, Jamie Vardy, Danny Drinkwater and most of the squad have signed their shirts, worn in away games this season. 

The auction on eBay kicks off on April 24 with two shirts and a signed Champions banner to bid for. Click HERE to see the Champions auction

Three more shirts will follow on 25 April, three more on Saturday and so on until Monday with each item open to bidding for a week. 

Every penny from the winning bids will go to the text “ellis” campaign, which is focused on raising money and awareness for the rare chromosome disorder MECP2 duplication syndrome. 

The text “ellis” campaign was set up by Foxes fan Richard Page when his son Ellis, six, was diagnosed with the rare chromosome disorder MECP2 duplication syndrome. 

This season Richard has been raising funds by cycling almost 3,500 miles to every Foxes away game. 

He said: “We’ve raised nearly £72,000 of our £100,000 target so far. “Sky Bet and Leicester City have been incredibly generous to organise an auction and I’m very grateful for their support.” 

Sky Bet Head of Sponsorship, Edwin Martin, is confident the auction will be hit with the public and the campaign. 

He said: “We hope the signed shirt auction will give text “ellis” a real cash boost. This is a chance for Leicester City fans to not only help Richard fund a cure for Ellis but also to own a piece of Leicester history at the same time!” 

All proceeds from the sales will be donated to Reverse Rett, who are a parent-driven charity working to accelerate treatments and cures for both Rett Syndrome and related MECP2 disorders.

Read more at http://www.lcfc.com/news/article/240414-sky-bet-to-auction-signed-shirts-1508878.aspx#YFm57Qj7BpLXVKcR.99

Everyone who's taken part in Text Ellis campaign should be commended, especially if you've joined them on one (or more) of their bike rides. And special thanks should go to anyone who has donated (especially the owners who donated £23,000).

Richard and any other main riders have done superbly. In fact, superbly would be an understatement. A true inspiration to all. I hope they do get over their target - £100k. They thoroughly deserve it as they've cycled through some terrible, horrendous conditions. I hope Huddersfield give them a warm welcome too - it's their last home game of the season and obviously the last bike ride that the Text Ellis lot will do for this season. So I hope there's a lot of money raised and even more awareness raised.

It's a sublime effort to raise £1000 let alone £72,000. I've donated every now and then just because each time I think what an amazing job they're doing and £100k is the least they deserve.

It's another huge positive for our club in this successful season.

Good luck for the future :thumbup:

Heard him on Radio Leicester yesterday. Great achievement, hope he reaches his target. Have any of the players donated anything? Fair play to the owners, again, for donating £1000 per ground.

Heard him on Radio Leicester yesterday. Great achievement, hope he reaches his target. Have any of the players donated anything? Fair play to the owners, again, for donating £1000 per ground.

I think throughout the season they have.

Archived