Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

HELP is at hand for General PC queries, not Foxestalk ones

4 hours ago, Webbo said:

Anyone having any trouble with chrome? My computer updated last night and now chrome keeps not responding. I've tried microsoft edge and I can't get any pages to load either.

Nah I'm using it now it's kushty.

Edited by Carl the Llama

Hi, Ive just copied 40 gig of music onto my thumb drive.... it took an hour or so to  do, i watched as they went across, the drive is 128gb

Upon completion.... all seemed ok.

went to open and check.... "folder empty"

the drive says the space is used

any ideas please?

4 minutes ago, ozleicester said:

Hi, Ive just copied 40 gig of music onto my thumb drive.... it took an hour or so to  do, i watched as they went across, the drive is 128gb

Upon completion.... all seemed ok.

went to open and check.... "folder empty"

the drive says the space is used

any ideas please?

did you set the drive to write only?

On 1/20/2017 at 18:35, Beliall said:

I find it hard to explain this stuff, but it may be that the files cant be seen by the program you are using

Ta but no.... the folders are on the drive.... about half of them have the songs showing... the rest just say empty folder.

Its as though it copied the first 20 gig.... then just took the folders but not the songs for the rest??

Just now, ozleicester said:

Ta but no.... the folders are on the drive.... about half of them have the songs showing... the rest just say empty folder.

Its as though it copied the first 20 gig.... then just took the folders but not the songs for the rest??

are they all saved the same. EG

folder> music file

or Folder> Folder > music file.

a second folder in the folder might hide the music

Just now, Beliall said:

are they all saved the same. EG

folder> music file

or Folder> Folder > music file.

a second folder in the folder might hide the music

yes all the same folder> folder title>songs

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/23/2017 at 21:45, Beliall said:

no idea then mate, sorry. maybe the music files are the wrong format, or the transfer didnt complete properlly

cheers,

i tried a different thumb drive (128gb) and then tried to transfer 100gb of pics across. Same thing happened folders moved one folder had all pics.. the other folders empty??

i give up :)

7 hours ago, ozleicester said:

cheers,

i tried a different thumb drive (128gb) and then tried to transfer 100gb of pics across. Same thing happened folders moved one folder had all pics.. the other folders empty??

i give up :)

Try compressing the pics into a .rar file first, then unzip it onto the drive

22 hours ago, Webbo said:

Is it possible to re format your computer with windows 10 if you don't have a disk?

If you go to Settings>Update & Security>Recovery, there are a couple of options Reset your PC lets you reset various things, Advanced Start up should show you a few options along those lines too.

If you literally want to install Windows from scratch you can create your own installation media using a DVD or USB stick. You'd need to find your Windows key before you format it so you can activate it after installation

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, potter3 said:

If you've got access to another computer you can make your own using a blank DVD or USB stick: https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/15088/windows-create-installation-media

Love the reply Potter but I got a little bit angry with the laptop gave it a good old whack turned it on then off then on in quick succession and it's started up ?

15 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Love the reply Potter but I got a little bit angry with the laptop gave it a good old whack turned it on then off then on in quick succession and it's started up ?

If a problem such as that is intermittent then it suggests hard drive failure and that it's on its way out. Back up any important files now :)

19 minutes ago, DB11 said:

If a problem such as that is intermittent then it suggests hard drive failure and that it's on its way out. Back up any important files now :)

Good lad DB. It's an old laptop, luckily I've just purchased a new one and have portable plugged into the old one to get stuff off it! 

Can I plug my ipod into my new laptop and get my library that way or will that need transferring too?

1 hour ago, Ashley said:

Good lad DB. It's an old laptop, luckily I've just purchased a new one and have portable plugged into the old one to get stuff off it! 

Can I plug my ipod into my new laptop and get my library that way or will that need transferring too?

You can do it that way with the use of third party software. I use iMazing (https://imazing.com/) formerly known as DiscAid when I first started using it

• Like 1

Got a question regarding trying to install Flash Player via my Samsung Tablet (to access e-learning courses).

Have been trying to install without success.

As advised, on security settings - I ticked the box allowing installations from 'unknown sources', but unable to get Flash this way still.

Is there any other way to get Flash on tablet device?

Or have the operating company stopped supporting tablets with Flash?

(I only use Google Chrome for Internet use, and don't really want to install another browser version if I have to to try and get any luck in getting Flash that way?)

(Tried to delete some big unused files on system to see if that was causing any issue, but still nothing like this and above has worked.)

Edited by Wymeswold fox

On 2/18/2017 at 13:23, Wymeswold fox said:

Got a question regarding trying to install Flash Player via my Samsung Tablet (to access e-learning courses).

Have been trying to install without success.

As advised, on security settings - I ticked the box allowing installations from 'unknown sources', but unable to get Flash this way still.

Is there any other way to get Flash on tablet device?

Or have the operating company stopped supporting tablets with Flash?

(I only use Google Chrome for Internet use, and don't really want to install another browser version if I have to to try and get any luck in getting Flash that way?)

(Tried to delete some big unused files on system to see if that was causing any issue, but still nothing like this and above has worked.)

Flash hasn't been officially supported on Android for a while. A cursory Google search suggests you have to use a different browser, Puffin or Dolphin are suggested usually.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, potter3 said:

Flash hasn't been officially supported on Android for a while. A cursory Google search suggests you have to use a different browser, Puffin or Dolphin are suggested usually.

Thanks for the suggestions.

I tried switching to Firefox as that was another browser option on my tablet but never used before, and can now access what I want via this fortunately.

Edited by Wymeswold fox

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Royston. said:

so firefox is saying it isnt compatible with vista anymore.

what other browsers are available to me free and which is the best?

im assuming changing my operating sytem will cost money so dont want to do that.

Chrome is most common, probably followed by Opera

Edited by potter3