Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

HELP is at hand for General PC queries, not Foxestalk ones

6 minutes ago, red5 said:

No, because it's stopping support, the same as the browser you said because it's based on chromelol

Same as all browsers stopping support for ancient OS. I replied to aa recommendation for a free, good browser. anything else aint my problem

• 3 weeks later...

so i think ive asked before, but still an issue.

My headphones do not show up when i plug them in, they work and sound comes through them, but they dont show in the volume icon.

I also cannot connect my blue tooth headphones, they say connected, but dont work (they work on other devices). Ive been into device anager, reinstalled blue tooth drivers etc.

I kinda think the two problems are related.. but any suggestions much appreciated.

13 minutes ago, ozleicester said:

so i think ive asked before, but still an issue.

My headphones do not show up when i plug them in, they work and sound comes through them, but they dont show in the volume icon.

I also cannot connect my blue tooth headphones, they say connected, but dont work (they work on other devices). Ive been into device anager, reinstalled blue tooth drivers etc.

I kinda think the two problems are related.. but any suggestions much appreciated.

Have you tried completely uninstalling your soundcard drivers and then installing the latest one's from your manufacturers website?

When I say uninstalling them, I mean going into device manager, finding your sound device, right clicking and picking uninstall

Just now, MrSpaM said:

Have you tried completely uninstalling your soundcard drivers and then installing the latest one's from your manufacturers website?

When I say uninstalling them, I mean going into device manager, finding your sound device, right clicking and picking uninstall

thanks, yes, ive tried that :(

2 minutes ago, MrSpaM said:

Thats strange then, if you go to control panel > Sound > Playback tab what's listed in the devices when the headphones are plugged in?

HDMI (not plugged in)

Speakers 

thats all that shows... ive ticked show disconnected devices etc

edit its a realtek device

Edited by ozleicester

Just now, ozleicester said:

HDMI (not plugged in)

Speakers 

thats all that shows... ive ticked show disconnected devices etc

If you right click 'speakers' and then select properties, does it have the jack listed in the general tab?

Is the problem that your just not seeing a separate volume control for the headphones? because the headphones and the speakers will use the same volume slider

If you right click 'speakers' and then select properties, does it have the jack listed in the general tab?

Is the problem that your just not seeing a separate volume control for the headphones? because the headphones and the speakers will use the same volume slider

No, its not that... i think.

when i go into properties... it shows the Jack properties below, but they are both 

sound%20card_zpsgrhxv6br.jpg

Just now, ozleicester said:

Ok thanks.. im sure in the past... it showed the headphones in this section as well?

sound_zpshqidl83t.jpg

They'll only show up in there if they are external headphones that aren't built onto your soundcard, Realtech High Definition Audio handles your laptop speakers and any headphone jacks on your laptop, they all use the same device

USB or bluetooth headphones should show as a separate device

They'll only show up in there if they are external headphones that aren't built onto your soundcard, Realtech High Definition Audio handles your laptop speakers and any headphone jacks on your laptop, they all use the same device

USB or bluetooth headphones should show as a separate device

great thanks for your help... guess theres no explaining why the blue tooth headphones dont work then :(

thanks for your time :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Anyone had any experience with their PC slowing down and using too much ram since the new win10 update? I remember a similar thing happening when I first installed win10, since the creators update any thing i run uses all 16gb of ram, even though the process manager doesn't even show half that being actively used. even streaming amazon video stops after about 30 mins because of the memory leak. There is no option on the PC to roll back to the last build so I'm hoping to find out what the rogue process is so I can eliminate it. thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Can anyone help me with transferring files from a PC to an external drive on a MAC?

I have 521GB of music I would like to put on a HD and plug it into a MAC to play whilst on holiday. I have formatted the drive to a MAC format but cannot work out how to copy the files over.

On 2017-6-12 at 18:14, hairy said:

Can anyone help me with transferring files from a PC to an external drive on a MAC?

I have 521GB of music I would like to put on a HD and plug it into a MAC to play whilst on holiday. I have formatted the drive to a MAC format but cannot work out how to copy the files over.

Windows can't read or write MacOS journaled which is the default Mac format. If you can format it to exFAT it should be usable by both Windows and Mac so long as your Windows computer is 64 bit. FAT32 will also work, assuming you don't have a single file that is larger than 4 GB.

• Like 1

Cheers potter3 but.......

I was hoping to use the Sonos there via the MAC. They say

On a Mac, the Sonos app can only share folders on external drives formatted using the Mac OS Extended (or HFS+) file system. If your external hard drive is formatted with HFS+ they will work fine with Sonos.

However, if the external drive is formatted in FAT32, NTFS, or ExFAT, Sonos will not be able to add a shared music folder from the drive.

If your drive is in an unsupported format, it will not work with Sonos unless it is completely erased and formatted into a supported file system.

How do people migrate from PC to MAC without this function