Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Philly Fox

USA Foxes

Do the BBC broadcasts of FA cup matches get blocked online? I know the PL games are, but thought there was some weird rule that some were broadcast.

Basically, do I need to sign up for Foxes Player for a month to listen to this?

On 1/5/2017 at 10:32, WiFoxes said:

Do the BBC broadcasts of FA cup matches get blocked online? I know the PL games are, but thought there was some weird rule that some were broadcast.

Basically, do I need to sign up for Foxes Player for a month to listen to this?

The preseason matches don't get blocked. No clue about the FA cup though. I guess only one way to be sure.

Bit late I know but I had to listen to the Everton game on Foxes Player as the BBC stream was stopped - country restrictions this time I think.  

Taggs and the other guy on FP are better than Stringer and Elliott on BBC - like Elliott, Stringer just blows me hot and cold.  Seemed like a nice guy when I met him though.

No comments @The_77!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Any Boston foxes? I'm running the Boston Marathon next week, and my flight back isn't until Tuesday night, after the Atletico Madrid second leg match ? (I am still thinking about heading straight to the airport after the Marathon and heading back for the match!). Anyway, in case I don't go ahead with the flying back to England early plan, I was wondering if anyone could recommend a good place in Boston for me to go and watch the match on Tuesday afternoon 

• 1 month later...
On 4/12/2017 at 10:49, Detroit Blues said:

To be honest, the activity in here has been pretty dead since they moved the supporters group forum. Sorry if you two don't get much of a response. 

I quite enjoyed the old set up. I'm sure they have their reasons, but this is the first time I'm checking this thread in what feels like 6 months.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Reading further into this, if the game is not on tv, this gold streaming service will be the only way to see the game. The extra time channels are being cut and the streams will no longer be available.

But if you don't have a tv sub you don't get the NBC, NBCSN, etc games. Not good.

Also sounds like a nightmare for bars that show the games.

Well, that's 50 bucks out of pocket for every stateside LCFC fan who wants to see the games.  A laptop full of viruses from "dodgey Russian streams" that are minutes behind -- if they work at all -- is not an alternative if you have the buck and a half a week in disposable income. 

Rather than drive myself crazy, I will try to see this as a glass half full.  NBC has built a good team of broadcasters, considering they go ten deep on some gamedays.  And the availability of all the games on, at worst, a quality stream, is the reason why I can engage with my club on a level as good or better than, those UK fans who cannot get to games.