Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
AnotherShitSeason

Heavy handed censorship on here

There will always be issues with threads related to streams due to the legality issues!

IMHO the way forward is probably to post links to streams on a strictly game by game basis. A thread could be created shortly before the game with an ambiguous title (no reference to live streaming!) and then this should be quickly deleted after the game finishes. Still a risk though.

If people knew more about this then they might be more careful with what they post.

Nobody wants Mark to be paying for what was most likely an innocent mistake on someone else's part.

What sort of photos did he have to pay for, are we talking copyright, permissions or defamation or something else?

I haven't mentioned it as it was an error on my part, for use some photos in the history section. Hence why all player photos have since been removed. But it has made me a bit more wary since about other things such as streams.

I haven't mentioned it as it was an error on my part, for use some photos in the history section. Hence why all player photos have since been removed. But it has made me a bit more wary since about other things such as streams.

You have my sympathy, Mark. Public domain and IP laws surrounding such things are a joke.

It could easily have been any poster as there's always pics being posted. 

It's why I dont post any goals or highlights anymore.

If you are going to ban me from sections of the forum at least have the balls to message me about it.

Cambiasso thread stays open for page after page of bullshit, someone engages in on topic debate and gets banned.

Good one.

Happens on every internet forum around; I think it's just the done thing to use images and videos.

It may be the done thing but not if you've been banned from youtube like me.

If you are going to ban me from sections of the forum at least have the balls to message me about it.

Cambiasso thread stays open for page after page of bullshit, someone engages in on topic debate and gets banned.

Good one.

You've been banned?

I do sometimes wonder about this forum, people like Kingfox get away with spurting shite in most threads yet he doesn't seem to get banned.

You've been banned?

I do sometimes wonder about this forum, people like Kingfox get away with spurting shite in most threads yet he doesn't seem to get banned.

And trolls like AnotherShitSeason never get banned but when I say everton should feel privileged to get a corner against us I get banned man.

Good one.

Welcome to my world. 

Hey Mark, 

Would be really good as the owner of the forum if you actually replied to my questions, very rude. 

Would you be able to make it possible for me to post into the LCFC section of this wonderful forum? It would be really good if you did so I can show you how different I am. 

Thanks for reading, yours faithfully,

Uncle Albert. 

I sent this reply to member on here so i thought I'd put it in here.

This forum is a privately run forum when you join you agree to abide by the rules set out by the owner, in that sense it's not democratic as the owner has both legal responsibilities and personal views on what makes the forum 'good'. Based on the popularity one can't really argue that it's not good.

Having said that a lot of the responsibility for maintaining the forum has been given to moderators and administrators, people that have rarely if ever even met the owner or each other and each with a different interpretation on what is an acceptable post.

So you're not going to get any degree of consistency in what is deleted, merged, warned or banned. It's not a perfect situation but the mods are all part time volunteers that's the way it is and is not going to change so people really need to accept it and move on and stop forever bleating about how unfair it is. Welcome to life.

That's a very good post davie, think it should be posted in the thread I started today about 'mod mafia' it answers my comments perfectly.

Someone moved a thread I deliberately put in one forum and specifically stated I'd done do because I wasn't allowed to contribute to other forums (largely because I can think for myself and don't need a soundbite to buy in to or bandwagon to jump on).

Now its been moved by someone and I can't contribute to it.

That's simply unhelpful modding - and probably spiteful too. 

Archived