Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
C-man

The Ultras Thread

34 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

Union Berlin tifo during yesterday's German Cup match at Borussia Dortmund.

Union brought roughly 12'000 supporters to the stadium, and that on a Wednesday evening!

Dortmund Union Berlin Choreo.png

Decent following. I'd be right in thinking Union have a reasonable West Germany-based diaspora though, descendants of folks who managed to get out of the DDR etc?

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, bovril said:

You beat me to it.

I remember our own would be Ultras being most insistent that they weren't modelling themselves on this lot, and reading it I'm very pleased that's the case

On 01/12/2016 at 12:37, bovril said:

On 02/12/2016 at 18:58, James. said:

You may not have seen this in General Chat but I recently went to a game in the Argentine Primera Division - write up on my blog here, touching on the ultra scene in Argentina.

El Diablo Rojo

Which in turn reminded me of this.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2011/aug/21/argentina-football-gangs-barra-bravas

• 2 months later...
On 13/02/2017 at 11:26, Voll Blau said:

German FA are to close Dortmund's Sudtribune for one match after an attack on some RB Leipzig fans.

Punishing 25,000 fans for the actions of a dozen or whatever, makes sense...

I also noticed that there were some pretty offensive banners about RB Leipzig being held up by the Dortmund fans. Stuff about their mothers, etc. They really don't like them....

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Wonder how many open letters were written by FC Zurich fans to the Basel chairman after their Swiss Cup match...

http://www.ultras-tifo.net/photo-news/4748-fc-basel-fc-zuerich-02-03-2017.html

fcb-fcz_8.jpg

fcb-fcz_2.jpg

fcb-fcz_11.jpg

The answer is none, obviously, because they're not complete weirdos. Their end...

fcb-fcz_17.jpg

fcb-fcz_13.jpg

Edited by Voll Blau

Was channel hopping the other day and was very surprised when a Cally Thistle vs Celtic game in Inverness sounded like a mid table Serie B clash.

It was very strange. The picture was definitely beaming in from some rainy desolate hole in northern Scotland but I swear they'd mistakenly cut in the sound from La Spezia or Bari.

Close my eyes, pleasant afternoon on the med. Open them, shudder.

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

Was channel hopping the other day and was very surprised when a Cally Thistle vs Celtic game in Inverness sounded like a mid table Serie B clash.

It was very strange. The picture was definitely beaming in from some rainy desolate hole in northern Scotland but I swear they'd mistakenly cut in the sound from La Spezia or Bari.

Close my eyes, pleasant afternoon on the med. Open them, shudder.

Was this this other night? Pretty sure Celtic pulled off some big pyro, they certainly had at least 1 drum with them.