Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
C-man

The Ultras Thread

that zurich game was nuts the other night. dunno what they let off after they scored but my stream basically went completely white with smoke, didn't even know gladbach had equalised until the score changed in the corner. couldn't see a thing. 

that zurich game was nuts the other night. dunno what they let off after they scored but my stream basically went completely white with smoke, didn't even know gladbach had equalised until the score changed in the corner. couldn't see a thing. 

Shame on them - you could argue Gladbach's equalizer was partially a byproduct of said smoke:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_OYmQxvvTA&feature=youtube_gdata

Edited by MC Prussian

• 4 weeks later...

Is there a country with worse ultras than us?

Guess what country this is?

Fvcking Indonesia

I saw a video of some Malaysian ultras a few weeks back and it was absolutely insane. Some clubs get decent support over there. Japan and Korea have a few good groups too.

Sadly it's just a different culture. Football in the UK is nothing beyond matchday. Whilst thousands of us spend our evenings posting on here, fans of other nationalities spend their free time meeting up with other fans to set up choreos, discuss how they can make football better etc.

Here people generally go to the games with their group of mates and that's it - 'see you next Saturday' mentality. That's fine but those who actually bother to do something different get looked at like lepers. For example, the Holmesdale Fanatics get absolutely slated by people for wearing the same t-shirt. That's 'gay' apparently but the same hostility isn't prevalent to those wearing replicas?

I'd give anything to have a full blown Ultras group at City but the mentality has to be right. Perhaps we should look into getting some of the local Polish lads on board... Know any AlphaMaleFox? :D

Edited by C-man

I think we're too self conscious, we take ourselves too seriously over here. Being a vocal football fan isn't cool here anymore, not outside niche circles.

It used to be, there was a moment in time when British fan culture inspired the continent.

Now, I firmly believe a lot of people are embarrassed about the idea of standing singing in public, making a spectacle of themselves.

We've this reserved, socially conservative, awkward vibe that doesn't fit vocal football fandom unless we loosen up with a dozen bevvies (a problem the forementioned Japanese or Malaysians won't have) and that's being stamped out by our own authorities watering down the match day experience.

That could be part of the problem. As with everything in the UK these days I think it's more to do with profit and protecting the product. We don't want to upset the customer.

I think we're too self conscious, we take ourselves too seriously over here. Being a vocal football fan isn't cool here anymore, not outside niche circles.

It used to be, there was a moment in time when British fan culture inspired the continent.

Now, I firmly believe a lot of people are embarrassed about the idea of standing singing in public, making a spectacle of themselves.

We've this reserved, socially conservative, awkward vibe that doesn't fit vocal football fandom unless we loosen up with a dozen bevvies (a problem the forementioned Japanese or Malaysians won't have) and that's being stamped out by our own authorities watering down the match day experience.

Hit the nail on the head.

+1 to the Palace lads for giving it a go, there are some good video's on youtube of there kop end, and to be honest I think most team's that take the piss come across with a hint of jealously 

Could be the difference between staying up and getting relegated this year for them

Edited by Freesolo

+1 to the Palace lads for giving it a go, there are some good video's on youtube of there kop end, and to be honest I think most team's that take the piss come across with a hint of jealously

Could be the difference between staying up and getting relegated this year for them

Absolutely agree and I think they were as much a factor in them staying up last year as Pulis was.

Whether people think they look like tits for wearing black is irrelevant, they help their team massively and that is the only thing that should matter.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

lol far to tame for that!

It's ****ing Australia! Western Sydney Wanderes!

Yep, we go alright... :-) 

Haven't won a game this season though.. :(

1e5g8z.jpg

Threatened with a $5000 fine per flare for this one.

tyld.jpg

Edited by MadKaw