Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Parafox

What on the roads has annoyed you today?

Mine's a parking gripe. Get to the station car park and there's one bloody space left, except the car to the right of the space has parked so far into the adjoining bay - the one I was planning on parking in... they had, of course, then got a huge gap the other side. I pull into the space but couldn't help but press my driver's door against the neighbouring car to get out. Quick as a flash the driver of that car (who was just sat there) was out of her car bitching 'you'd better not have damaged my paintwork' (I wouldn't have, I didn't slam my door against hers.) I explained that she was well over the white line and that if she'd parked properly in the bay I wouldn't have needed to. Her reply 'it's my space, I'll park how I want'. Honestly, some people. :rolleyes: 

But was she indicating left to take the exit before you? Wouldn't you assume that no indicator assume they're going to stay on the roundabout?

She wasn't indicating at all and was in the centre lane of the roundabout having come past two exits so it appeared that she was leaving at the exit before mine. She should have indicated right to show she was continuing round the roundabout and then indicated left just prior to leave at the exit after mine. It's in the Highway Code.

Try driving in Italy if you are pissed off.

Indicators, What the **** are they?!?

The speed limit is the minimum right?

Torrential rain? Cool, il definately tail gate you at 100KM/H now

I will just park on this dual carrage way to get some fresh air.

Undertaking in the rain on a blind bend on a scouter is all the rage.

I quite enjoyed driving in Italy, there was so much traffic nobody ever got fast enough to really cause a bad crash. Had a few bent wing mirrors though.

Worst is Turkey by a long way. They have that 'Inshallah' thing. Like Allah is going to help you on a blind bend on a mountain pass in the pitch black.

I'm sick of approaching a bend on a country lane & seeing someone coming in the opposite direction driving in the middle of the road......taking the racing line.  Take your foot off the accelerator, slow down & stay in your own lane.  You're not Nigel fvcking Mansell.  Go ahead & kill yourself for all I care......but don't take me with you.

• Like 2

you missed. what you mean that white line is to mark lanes on the motorway.

having only experienced naples motorways as a passenger I was a little concerned that I was gonna end up with a driver of another car on my lap at some point.

People who don't indicate and people who don't thank you for waiting or letting them out etc. How hard is it to lift your hand even if you do have right of way?

Worst of all though the idiots who swerve in and out overtaking everyone regardless of how dangerous it is!! 

Oh, and tossers on their phones.

Edited by stevelcfc

you missed. what you mean that white line is to mark lanes on the motorway.

having only experienced naples motorways as a passenger I was a little concerned that I was gonna end up with a driver of another car on my lap at some point.

Ha I'm up north and as long as you know what to expect it isnt too bad to be honest

Controversial maybe as I know they're doing their job - but very slow tractors/large farm vehicles on main roads between 8am and 9am. Could you not wait a few minutes? Or perhaps pull over every now and then so people's commute isn't three times as long as it should be?

She wasn't indicating at all and was in the centre lane of the roundabout having come past two exits so it appeared that she was leaving at the exit before mine. She should have indicated right to show she was continuing round the roundabout and then indicated left just prior to leave at the exit after mine. It's in the Highway Code.

Right, but people usually treat lanes in roundabouts like lanes on normal roads ie. you don't have to indicate until you plan on changing lane/exiting, so when neither indicator is being used it's usually best to assume that person wants to stay on the roundabout - especially when they're in the central lane where they'd have to cut across at least one other lane without indicating to leave it.

This morning I was driving to get my front right indicator fixed, as i was going around a roundabout a lorry driver took it upon himself to just pull out infront if me. I gave him what for though.

Nobody else found this funny then!

Motorways in general. Most aspects of them are shit.

People who dawdle on slip roads to enter motorways so they enter at too little speed, and then if youre behind them you have a harder job slotting into a gap in traffic

AND THEN

People who pull out into the middle lane and dont overtake anything, just sit there driving along when they should be in the left hand lane and you have to go over 2 lanes and back again to get round them to where they should have been in the first place!!!!!

If you get on the M6 at Stoke at the wrong time, youll be lucky to do about 4 mph.

Then the overhead signs say "queues likely" , you crawl along, and then magically, the queue disappears and you move. WHY????????????????

Why do people decide they need to exit at the last countdown sign and dart across 2 lanes of traffic for the exit slip road??? PLAN AHEAD

Jesus.

Roadworks.

There is no such think as a short journey now, you can't get anywhere within 5 minutes now thanks to them they're ****ing everywhere and you don't even know what they're doing - there are no improvements to the road anyway.

Utilities are carried under the roads or pavements. Sewer, storm water, water, electricity, gas, cable and telephone, street lighting, traffic lights and fire hydrants, all require maintenance or repair.

Putting that aside, roads need to be maintained as the wearing course has a limited life and the heavier the traffic, the more frequently it needs repairing. You can't do it at night where there are houses due to the noise.