Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Parafox

What on the roads has annoyed you today?

You're thinking of French. I've only ever owned 2 cars, a VW Lupo which I bought off my dad, had done plenty of miles completely hassle free before I was arse-ended and it was written off. And a Renault Megane (the big arse model) which needed major work every 1,000 miles for the year I owned it, complete mass of junk. The missus has a dirt cheap Skoda Fabia (which is basically a VW Polo) and the previous owner obviously didn't look after it very well but it runs fine all the time. If I were to ever buy another car it'd almost certainly be a VW or Skoda as I know I could trust it

I thought German cars were renowned for their reliability. I thought I'd just been unlucky, buying second hand cars is a bit of a lottery, I'm just glad I bought the extended warranty. Its a BMW, where as I've always heard that Audi and VW were reliable, I wasn't sure if the BMWs were the same.

I looked at such studies when I bought my Audi, and they are mainly based on cost of repair.  If you are surprised that a £30k+ Audi or BMW is more expensive to maintain / repari than a £12k Hyundai you are going to be for a shock when you buy one :)  It doesn't necessarily mean they are less reliable.

• Like 1

Not a road issue as such but that is exactly the point.

People riding bikes on the pavement.

I have been driving out of my drive many times and I've nearly hit people on push bikes. (The neighbours either side have quite high walls and you can't see round/over them).

Today my mate was exiting my drive and hit someone. Shook the bike rider up, dented their car.

It's been an accident waiting to happen and possibly will only continue or get worse.

The car wasn't exiting the drive fast but obviously the bike was going past at speed also.

No serious damage done, but the question I ask, If it did the rider serious damage who's fault would it be? Probably the person in the car even though the bike rider was in the wrong?

Guest seanfox778

I have been driving out of my drive many times and I've nearly hit people on push bikes. (The neighbours either side have quite high walls and you can't see round/over them).

Today my mate was exiting my drive and hit someone. Shook the bike rider up, dented their car.

It's been an accident waiting to happen and possibly will only continue or get worse.

The car wasn't exiting the drive fast but obviously the bike was going past at speed also.

No serious damage done, but the question I ask, If it did the rider serious damage who's fault would it be? Probably the person in the car even though the bike rider was in the wrong?

It should be the cyclists fault, I'm pretty sure they're not supposed to ride on the pavement. I don't know if it's a proper 'law' though.

I hit a cyclist once. Pulled out of the car park at work and heard a thud. The guy was cycling down the pavement on the wrong side of the road. Hit the side of my car and went flying over my bonnet. Completely his fault

I know cyclists aren't supposed to be on the pavement that is my point but the question I was posing was if the cyclist was injured (or worse) I'm sure the law would see the driver in the wrong or work it in that way.

Is it actual illegal to cycle on the path?

Anyway, thankfully the cyclist wasn't injured, although I've just found out the scratches and dents on the car are going to cost £400+ to put right but can't exactly make a claim against the bloody cyclist can they?!!

Edited by Matt

Car drivers who feel they're more important than everyone else and don't have to queue at the bottom of the M69 (M6 junction). Thereby literally parking half on the hatched lines and half on my straight over (A45) lane causing me to swerve at 60mph to avoid the twat! Luckily the lane next to me was empty!

Arsehole!

It's pissing it down & I was travelling at a little over 50mph down the country road leading into my village.  I wouldn't have been driving much faster had it been dry.  A Mercedes estate with his front fog lights on thinks that he can pressure me into going faster by driving a few feet from my back bumper?  He's right that his vehicle is much faster & worth a lot more than my shitty old van..........but he's now doing 40mph for the next couple of miles   :wave: .

I know cyclists aren't supposed to be on the pavement that is my point but the question I was posing was if the cyclist was injured (or worse) I'm sure the law would see the driver in the wrong or work it in that way.

Is it actual illegal to cycle on the path?

Anyway, thankfully the cyclist wasn't injured, although I've just found out the scratches and dents on the car are going to cost £400+ to put right but can't exactly make a claim against the bloody cyclist can they?!!

In theory they could, but in practice it wouldn't be worth it. It's usually illegal to cycle on a pavement but that doesn't absolve a car driver of responsibility.

Not today - but someone bumped into me the other day, pulled out and hit my back wing.

No issue, these things happen, but the scum bags got out and started to blame me for not letting them out.

Since then, they have changed their story completely, created some story and now have claimed that they are all injured.

Complete and utter scumbags.

The only saving grace is they gave me their details on the back of a Poundstretcher receipt.

It gives me great pleasure that these people have to shop in such a pit and whatever happens with my claim, at least I don't have to spend my days in that hovel.

The real annoying thing in it all is the claim for injury, yet two of the four occupants jumped straight out their car and came at me. The bump was minor, no chance of injury and they are just playing the system.

Dole scum who have seized an opportunity to take money off the system that we have created.

Oh well, at least I don't have to suffer Poundstretcher.

It is illegal to cycle on the pavement. The punishment is a £30 fine . Not sure where you stand if they hit you though

probably not on the pavement just in case another bike comes.

Followed someone in the dark tonight doing ( top speed) 38 in a 60 and slowed to 26 when she saw a lorry coming the other way.This was on a straight B road.

The amount of shitflickers in my area 3 deep together with trailers is starting to gripe me, very inconsiderate and the fooking mud on the road( love those tiger feet) is dangerous.

• Like 1