Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Parafox

What on the roads has annoyed you today?

21 hours ago, Fox92 said:

Driving to work this morning... I took the slip road as usual, right indicator on (obviously) and approaching the dual carriageway. This guy in the car behind is trying to overtake me - starts flashing me - at which point when I go to get on the bypass he nearly hits me... Consider that we're travelling 50/60mph here (without doubt he's doing more). Absolute idiot. We both get on, I'm in the inside lane so he overtakes me and then just starts undercutting cars in front. 

See dickheads like this every day, so many total bellends about with zero patience and don't give a shit about other road users.

Like above some dickhead who's up my arse flashing his lights when there was absolutely no reason for it. I'm going down the dual carriage way, I'm going at 70 (maybe a bit more) and I'm overtaking loads of traffic in the left hand who are mostly slowing down to come off at the next exit, there's only about 100m between me and the car in front, and that space is closing all the time as we're getting to the point of joining the M1 and they are slowing down

What exactly did the dickhead expect? For me to stop overtaking people, move over into a much slower lane and let him take my place in the line of traffic. He wasn't going to get anywhere. Prat. If the situation is right of course I'll move over, but not just so someone can move one place in a line of bloody traffic, especially when it's not really safe to do so. I can't move into a full lane of traffic going 20mph slower than me safely near and bloody exit slip.

Then we get to the M1 and we're merging and I go into the outside lane to overtake the lorries that had gone into the middle lane to let us all on and he's up my arse again. Literally about 1 foot from my bumper going at 70mph on the M1. Absolutely moronic... then the twat gets irate because I tell him in no certain terms to go and ****ing do one.

If I'm over taking I've got every right to use any lane I bloody want, so long as you move over afterwards. Prats like him think they own the road because they've got a car that's quicker than yours. They are over taking lanes, not lanes for people who want to go at 100mph.

Another prat was last night joining the M1, going up the slip and just about to join the motorway and some prat who was in the middle lane for no reason decides that moving into lane 1 is a great idea just as a load of traffic is indicating and joining the M1 in that lane.  WTF goes through peoples minds.

22 minutes ago, Babylon said:

See dickheads like this every day, so many total bellends about with zero patience and don't give a shit about other road users.

Like above some dickhead who's up my arse flashing his lights when there was absolutely no reason for it. I'm going down the dual carriage way, I'm going at 70 (maybe a bit more) and I'm overtaking loads of traffic in the left hand who are mostly slowing down to come off at the next exit, there's only about 100m between me and the car in front, and that space is closing all the time as we're getting to the point of joining the M1 and they are slowing down

What exactly did the dickhead expect? For me to stop overtaking people, move over into a much slower lane and let him take my place in the line of traffic. He wasn't going to get anywhere. Prat. If the situation is right of course I'll move over, but not just so someone can move one place in a line of bloody traffic, especially when it's not really safe to do so. I can't move into a full lane of traffic going 20mph slower than me safely near and bloody exit slip.

Then we get to the M1 and we're merging and I go into the outside lane to overtake the lorries that had gone into the middle lane to let us all on and he's up my arse again. Literally about 1 foot from my bumper going at 70mph on the M1. Absolutely moronic... then the twat gets irate because I tell him in no certain terms to go and ****ing do one.

If I'm over taking I've got every right to use any lane I bloody want, so long as you move over afterwards. Prats like him think they own the road because they've got a car that's quicker than yours. They are over taking lanes, not lanes for people who want to go at 100mph.

I get this all the time, I actually slow down now and maintain the same speed as the car next to me, until they back off.

1 minute ago, Strokes said:

I get this all the time, I actually slow down now and maintain the same speed as the car next to me, until they back off.

Yep... I wasn't going anywhere for prats like that.

Almost as annoying as the people who could move over into a completely empty lane but don't and continue to trundle along in the outside lane at 60mph. Do people not know the rules of the road?

Woman sat behind me in queueing traffic clearly looking at her phone in her lap, not even looking up when traffic starts to move and she pulls away, as if guided by some mystical sixth sense.  Kids in car with her, so setting brilliant example as always.

Didn't crash into me, but it doesn't make for a relaxing journey, does it?  Not as bad as when I was followed along the A47 by a car where the driver was either pissed up or falling asleep and was weaving around all over the place, and every time we stopped for lights or whatever he ended up at about a 45 degree angle to the rest of the traffic- needless to say, after a couple of minutes I pulled in to a layby to let him pass

2 minutes ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

Woman sat behind me in queueing traffic clearly looking at her phone in her lap, not even looking up when traffic starts to move and she pulls away, as if guided by some mystical sixth sense.  Kids in car with her, so setting brilliant example as always.

Didn't crash into me, but it doesn't make for a relaxing journey, does it?  Not as bad as when I was followed along the A47 by a car where the driver was either pissed up or falling asleep and was weaving around all over the place, and every time we stopped for lights or whatever he ended up at about a 45 degree angle to the rest of the traffic- needless to say, after a couple of minutes I pulled in to a layby to let him pass

Notice this a heck of a lot around Christmas time to be honest, people all over the place having clearly had a few after work. Bloody scary.

Wish I was a copper sometimes, the satisfaction you'd get in an unmarked car being able to nick people for driving like absolutely bell ends must be a right buzz.

• 3 weeks later...

Finally worked out how to use my dash cam, so anyone that annoys me is going on here now!!

Not exactly the most extreme example, but this happens every day and gets right on my tits. Merged onto the M1 and you have the people coming off the M69 joining on your left. Rather than spend a few seconds in lane 1 (heaven forbid you'd ever have to do that), they just indicate late and chuck themselves in front of you.

25 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Finally worked out how to use my dash cam, so anyone that annoys me is going on here now!!

Not exactly the most extreme example, but this happens every day and gets right on my tits. Merged onto the M1 and you have the people coming off the M69 joining on your left. Rather than spend a few seconds in lane 1 (heaven forbid you'd ever have to do that), they just indicate late and chuck themselves in front of you.

My driving instructor once told me if you ever do something that forces another road user to apply their breaks then you are doing something wrong. (bar, obviously, purposeful stops at lights/turning etc) 

Still sticks with me today. Too many impatient people on the roads. 

4 minutes ago, Innovindil said:

My driving instructor once told me if you ever do something that forces another road user to apply their breaks then you are doing something wrong. (bar, obviously, purposeful stops at lights/turning etc) 

Still sticks with me today. Too many impatient people on the roads. 

Correct... I failed a driving test when I indicated to pull away from the kerb and someone stopped and flashed their lights to let me out.

Apparently I was supposed to wait until there were no cars on the busy road; then I should have indicated for no one to see and then go.

Stupid example of your point but your point is correct and more people should be aware.

Getting so many more near misses lately. I'm a safe driver but there's only so much you can do. In the last week I've seen somebody go the wrong way around the pork pie roundabout at 5 in the morning, somebody go through a clear red light and then have a go at the oncoming traffic and somebody swerving in and out of their Lane on burleys way in rush hour, I was the car behind and I could blatantly see their window was steamed up to the point of them having zero vision... what did they do??? Of course they turned on their windscreen wipers to try and clear the inside of their windows.

54 minutes ago, Babylon said:

I'm more concerned about the plonker in the red car who's sat in lane 2 when he's not overtaking... 

26 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

I'm more concerned about the plonker in the red car who's sat in lane 2 when he's not overtaking... 

I know you're trying to wind me up, but I'm hardly going to pull over when some div is doing 80+ on the inside lane to go in the services and I've had to hit my brakes to 50 ish thanks to the other plank.

Edited by Babylon

4 hours ago, Babylon said:

Babs are you a nervous driver? 

Put your foot down son - you're in lane 2 and you can't drive faster because of the fearful tears in your eyes!

Was on the roundabout at junction 24 of the M1 and the vehicle in front of us turned left and started heading south on the northbound carriageway slip road :|:|:| Had to go behind him and pull the vehicle across his path to stop him getting onto the M1 otherwise that would have been terrible. It was a foreign driver who had just landed at East Midlands Airport. Scary

4 hours ago, Babylon said:

It looked more like he was indicating for about 5/6 seconds and you closed the gap. ? looked like the overtaking lane was clear and you didn't move over and then were undertaken.

Just saying :ph34r:

10 minutes ago, Great Boos Up said:

It looked more like he was indicating for about 5/6 seconds and you closed the gap. ? looked like the overtaking lane was clear and you didn't move over and then were undertaken.

Just saying :ph34r:

"The gap" is between me and the van. It gets closed by one car coming out who indicated nice and early and moved into a nice big gap.  The second car indicates a couple of times 2seconds)  and pulls into a gap that instantly reduces my baking distance to about a cars length and forces me to break.

It's not down to me to move over in that situation as i'm coming off just ahead, they have a whole lane to themselves. It's down to them to change lanes in a fashion that doesn't cause people to break (instant fail on a driving test).

And why would I pull over to the left when I can see someone belting it up on the inside?

54 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

Babs are you a nervous driver? 

Put your foot down son - you're in lane 2 and you can't drive faster because of the fearful tears in your eyes!

I did state it wasn't a particularly extreme example. If I put my foot down nothing much will happen as it's a poxy car.

5 hours ago, Babylon said:

Why all the kisses ? 

Is this a Tinder Dashcam ?

Edited by Mike Oxlong

I do like this windscreen and visor technology. I tried on a snowboard helmet yesterday which told you of speed and altimeter readings... I'd like one for my motorbike too.... we never got hover boards which was a let down but this shits straight outta Airwolf!!!!!