Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SemperEadem

Burgers

I am ridiculously passionate about burgers having become one of them ponces in London who has tried nearly every gaff going. MEATliquor, Dip & Flip, Bleecker St Burger, Honest Burgers, Patty & Bun. If you're ever in London go to them all, in the same day like a real man.

I still have plans to open my own street food place this year, possibly next year. I've moved back to Leics so it's just finding somewhere where it'd take off.

A couple of mates have started their own food stall. Greek food mind, not burgers (one of them's Greek). Managed to get a slot at Brick Lane market ahead of hundreds of stalls in the waiting list (despite only starting a couple of months ago) because they had a severe lack of Greek food there.

I conclude that burgers are the starbucks of food, popular with hipsters but lacking any real taste, class or sophistication. Happy to be proven wrong of course as always.

What kind of Hipster would be seen in Starbucks???

Guest MattP

red-s-true-barbecue-manchester.jpg

Burger, Brisket, Pulled Pork, Bacon, Cheese, 3 different sauces on a brioche bun. Absolute heaven - Can't beat Reds BBQ in Leeds.

That looks like cancer in a bun Al.

A couple of mates have started their own food stall. Greek food mind, not burgers (one of them's Greek). Managed to get a slot at Brick Lane market ahead of hundreds of stalls in the waiting list (despite only starting a couple of months ago) because they had a severe lack of Greek food there.

What kind of Hipster would be seen in Starbucks???

Moscow Road in Bayswater is a nice little Greek area

What the **** is hipster about burgers? One of the most common foods in the western world.

To be honest a lot of these Shoreditch type burger joints are pretty hipsterish

Guest MattP

What the **** is hipster about burgers? One of the most common foods in the western world.

The places these fancy burger joints pop up in around London are usually quite hipster.

Although I don't think Moose was saying burgers are hipster, just the ones with about 20 toppings on people seem to have slight obsessions with these days.

Nothing hipster about an ordinary burger but the one the fake scot posted is a great example of a hipster burger. Brioche? Pulled pork like it's going out of fashion. Three different source's? Obviously not too concerned by the actual flavour. And too tall to even eat properly. It's all poncy style over substance therefore definitively hipster.

Guest MattP

Not hipster - wearing trousers

Unless you're a bird - then it's serious hipster.

Listening to vinyl, eating a giant burger with so many sauces you can't taste the meat.

On a Palestinian flag paper placemat.

had a delightful burger at home today. chopped up onions and chillies and mixed that in with some chilli powder to make the burger. made two really thin burgers and put a block of cheese in the middle then joined them together. oozed out when you bit it. hell yeah. cheese, bacon, jalapenos & hot sauce on top, with sweet potato chips. 

who needs almost famous. i'll be ****ing famous soon. 

Archived