Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stuliasz

Match Ratings : Leicester 1-0 Aston Villa - Results & Man of the Match

City Claim Crucial First Home League Win Since September Against Season-Worst Opposition

lcfcratings.wordpress.com

Saturday 10 January 2015, 15:00
Barclays Premier League
King Power Stadium, Leicester

Leicester City 1
Konchesky 45′

Aston Villa 0

Marcin Wasilewski won his second man of the match award this season against West Midlands opposition thanks to a chance-restricting performance (7.95) against an outrageously bad Aston Villa team. The big Pole's first award came against West Bromwich Albion but he eclipsed his 6.20 rating of that day by some distance as he was voted as City's best player. Wasyl won the award ahead of impressive performances from Anthony Knockaert (7.70) and Marc Albrighton (7.53) who proved that they can step up to the mark in the absence of African Nations bound Riyad Mahrez and injured Jeff Schlupp.

Elsewhere there were solid performances throughout the first eleven with the entire team receiving above average ratings, while the team performance (6.87) was voted as the sixth best this season. It was the three substitutes Andy King (5.81), Tom Lawrence (5.12) and Jamie Vardy (5.06) who took the bottom three places in the rankings this week, as none of them were able to make the same impact as any of the starting eleven. Leonardo Ulloa was the lowest ranked starter with a not too shabby rating of 5.81.

Despite City's victory, the supporters were unimpressed with the performance of referee Michael Oliver (4.48) who after two good performances in the games at Stoke (6.72) and Southampton (6.66) let himself down with a poor display on Saturday. Newcastle United went straight in as the worst opposition City have faced all season following their 1-0 defeat last week (3.27), but that performance will not finish the season in bottom place thanks to Villa's pathetic display (2.95). Nigel Pearson will be delighted to see the supporters fully onside once again as he received his fourth highest match rating of the season (7.73) and the supporter confidence rise above 98% for the first time since the Manchester United victory.

Full results below:

Total Votes : 356

LCFC Ratings Man of the Match : Marcin Wasilewski

1. Marcin Wasilewski : 7.95
  2. Anthony Knockaert : 7.70
  3. Marc Albrighton : 7.53
  4. Wes Morgan : 7.31
  5. Danny Simpson / Paul Konchesky : 6.97
  6. ...
  7. Ben Hamer : 6.91
  8. Dean Hammond : 6.83
  9. Matty James : 6.74
  10. David Nugent : 6.41
  11. Leonardo Ulloa : 5.85
  12. (SUB) Andy King : 5.81
  13. (SUB) Tom Lawrence : 5.12
  14. (SUB) Jamie Vardy : 5.06

Team Performance : 6.87 (6/23)

Manager Performance : 7.73 (4/19)

Opposition Performance : 2.95 (23/23)

Officials Performance (Ref: Michael Oliver) : 4.47 (18/23)

Overall Manager Confidence : 98.27% (+3.27%)

The manager confidence is outrageous for a side bottom of the league lol

Very proud of the vast majority of our fans who seem to realise and appreciate everything he has done for us.

yeah, the top 4 could've been in any order i'd say. fair enough. who voted villa above a one?! 

ref's mark seems fair to me, missed two penalty calls (one incredibly obvious) and didn't cover himself in glory with the whole injury time debacle. 5 would've been fair, average at best. 

The manager confidence is outrageous for a side bottom of the league lol

Very proud of the vast majority of our fans who seem to realise and appreciate everything he has done for us.

My exact thoughts.

I shouldn't be this content, but I still feel we're going in the right direction.

Michael Oliver was pathetic.  Missed so many handballs and pushes, and most of the fouls he did give were against us.

This. Thought his rating was incredibly generous. The worst we've had all season barring Mike Jones.

Michael Oliver was pathetic.  Missed so many handballs and pushes, and most of the fouls he did give were against us.

No idea how people can disagree with this. I even watched the re-run on Sky and was picking out one diabolical decision after another. The sending offs were perhaps correct, perhaps not (debate worthy) but his general performance was atrocious.

Sky Sports...

Player ratings

Leicester: Hamer (5), Simpson (6), Wasilewski (6), Morgan (5), Konchesky (6), Albrighton (7), James (4), Hammond (6), Knockaert (6), Ulloa (5), Nugent (7).

Used subs: Vardy (5), King (4), Lawrence (4).

James lower than Vardy? lol

These are the Suns ratings they also gave Michael Oliver an rating of 8

Hamer, B 6

Simpson, D 6

Wasilewski, M 6

Konchesky, P 8

Morgan, W 6

Knockaert, A 7

Hammond, D (Off - 75')6

Albrighton, M (Off - 72')8

James, M 5

Nugent, D 7

Ulloa, L (Off - 72')7

Substitutes

King, A (On - 75') 6

Vardy, J (On - 72') 6

Lawrence, T (On - 72') 6

You do realise James got sent off dont you so that automatically makes him have a poor rating

Which is absolute nonsense given he was sent off in injury time.

Personally think the ref rating is too high. He was terrible, missed so many calls. 2 clear penalties, countless handballs, had 0 control over the game. Okore should have seen a second yellow for the 50/50 challenge with James, clark should have seen a straight red so he would also get a longer ban.

This was certainly one of the worst ref performances we've had this season, only one I can currently think of that annoyed me more was at anfield. I think if we had lost this game or if villa equalised, people would have been more unhappy with the ref's performance tbh

Archived