Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
mydroilynfox

can we have a negative button?

Arguing with an idiot is not a debate. Most people can't be arsed whereas other idiots tend to agree and group together and plus 1 each other. Then you get lots of noisy idiots who think they are right because the other idiots rep them and nobody can be bothered to get into a fruitless exchange with a moron.

this is so me 

Arguing with an idiot is not a debate. Most people can't be arsed whereas other idiots tend to agree and group together and plus 1 each other. Then you get lots of noisy idiots who think they are right because the other idiots rep them and nobody can be bothered to get into a fruitless exchange with a moron.

A neg button would make people realise they don't speak for the majority.

Also can we make it available on the mobile site, so I can plus posts like this?

I'd rather we did away with rep points. If you don't agree with someone so what?

Shut up webbo.

A neg button would make people realise they don't speak for the majority.

Disagree, I think it'd end up being overused and abused. It's far too easy for the trolls of this forum to click a button showing their disagreement than it is them writing even a half considered response.

If people are going to disagree with something I've said I want to know why, not how many

How cruel.

If you disagree with something strongly you should be man enough to say so and be intelligent enough to argue it.

Negative reps would just encourage morons to discredit what someone else has said without having to partake in a reasoned debate.

Basically this

I'd rather we did away with rep points. If you don't agree with someone so what?

I think the rep points is a good idea. Quite often I'll be reading through a thread and agree with what someone is saying, repping it shows my agreement without clogging up the thread repeating the same points someone else has already made. If someone makes me laugh they usually get one as well, again saves clogging up the thread.

That is quite common on forums and something that would make this forum more enjoyable to read.

I can't stand the idiots on here but I don't agree. It's censorship by the majority. It is used on reddit and doesn't encourage discussion.

All it does it bury people with conflicting views to the majority. All for having the knuckledraggers put in their place but hiding anything that goes against the grain isn't the way to go. 

• 3 weeks later...

Archived