Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stuliasz

Match Ratings : Arsenal 2-1 Leicester - Results and Man of the Match

Mahrez, Kramaric and Cambiasso Combine To Scare The Gunners

lcfcratings.wordpress.com

Tuesday 10 February 2015, 19:45
Barclays Premier League
Emirates Stadium, London

Arsenal 2
Koscielny 27′, Walcott 41′

Leicester City 1
Kramaric 61′

Riyad Mahrez (8.11) was one of three to put in excellent displays with the Algerian just doing enough to claim his second consecutive man of the match after returning from the African Cup of Nations. There was nothing in it between Mahrez and second-placed Andrej Kramaric (8.10) who looked classy throughout in addition to scoring his first goal for the club. Esteban Cambiasso put in one of his best displays (7.95) as his quality of passing was top drawer while also doing his best to limit Arsenal's attacking threat. A mention should also go out to Robert Huth (7.05) who put in a solid defensive display on his debut.

Wes Morgan's bad run of form continued (4.34) as he surprisingly retained his place in a five man defence with regular high-rated defender Marcin Wasilewski relegated to the bench in favour of the City captain along with debutants Huth and Matt Upson, with the latter not completing the game due to injury. Substitutes Leonardo Ulloa (4.96) and David Nugent (5.18) also made the bottom three despite their short time on the field, while Mark Schwarzer (5.26) was the only other player to score below average as he could be considered culpable for Theo Walcott's goal.

The overall team average (6.55) made the top ten best performances so far this season, while manager Nigel Pearson will be delighted to see not only a decent match rating (7.18) but also a huge record-breaking 25% climb in supporter confidence. This comes after he dropped 36% in just two games and will be a welcome boost following a turbulent few weeks for Pearson.

Referee Mike Jones was somewhat controversially appointed to the City game on his return to Premier League action, but he fared much better than his last 1.51-rated outing away at Liverpool (5.54). City did a good job in frustrating Arsenal while creating chances themselves, but it was clear that the Gunners still had some quality and their performance (5.87) rated around the middle of the seasonal-ranking so far.

Full results below:

Total Votes : 182

LCFC Ratings Man of the Match : Riyad Mahrez

1. Riyad Mahrez : 8.11
  2. Andrej Kramaric : 8.10
  3. Esteban Cambiasso : 7.95
  4. Robert Huth : 7.05
  5. Jeff Schlupp : 6.64
  6. (SUB) Marcin Wasilewski : 6.63
  7. Matty James : 6.61
  8. Paul Konchesky : 6.20
  9. Matthew Upson : 6.14
  10. Danny Simpson : 5.98
  11. Mark Schwarzer : 5.26
  12. (SUB) David Nugent : 5.18
  13. (SUB) Leonardo Ulloa : 4.96
  14. Wes Morgan : 4.34

Team Performance : 6.55 (10/28)

Manager Performance : 7.18 (6/24)

Opposition Performance : 5.87 (13/28)

Officials Performance (Ref: Mike Jones) : 5.54 (13/28)

Overall Manager Confidence : 84.88% (+24.70)

24.7% rise! So fickle! 

Ture, but as I've said before it could be different people voting. It was an away game so only 10% of the home crowd attends the game. If fewer, or none, of the "Pearson out" crowd go to the game then it'll influence the voting. Yes I know anybody can vote but for me personally I only vote if I've been to the game. That's where inconsistency of voting comes in.

Ture, but as I've said before it could be different people voting. It was an away game so only 10% of the home crowd attends the game. If fewer, or none, of the "Pearson out" crowd go to the game then it'll influence the voting. Yes I know anybody can vote but for me personally I only vote if I've been to the game. That's where inconsistency of voting comes in.

Just thought I'd check out the home and away %

Home:

99.51% : Everton
85.96% : Shrewsbury Town
98.93% : Arsenal
99.59% : Manchester United
96.49% : Burnley
82.46% : West Browmich Albion
92.43% : Sunderland
73.17% : Liverpool
83.10% : Manchester City
80.60% : Tottenham Hotspur